• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aargh
    Originally posted by Snapshot9
    Originally posted by shockall
    I don't think this is the Big Man's Camp we would like to see EO attending. This one is for grade & high schoolers,...and oh they will also take you if you pay and are college bound.

The Pete Newell Big Man Camp is August 1-6, in Hawaii. http://www.petenewellbigmancamp.net/
    If the coaching staff would want to send Orukpe to this camp, would WSU pay for it? And Stutz too, BTW. And I mean the Pete Newell Big Man Camp.
    The players have to pay for camps themselves. Even if they borrow money to go, the terms of the loan have to be the same as anyone else in the same age/education circumstance could get, so they can't even get any sweetheart loans that don't have to be repaid until after graduation.

The players pretty much have to get their hands on cash, and that's tough to do since they don't work summer jobs.
    The Commerce clause of the Constitution is used as justification for most everything.

I wonder, if some enterprising lawyer could argue that the NCAA's summer job rules are a violation of the Commerce clause - restriction of trade.

Just wondering.

Sometimes, the only way to bring down a seemingly impregnable fortress is one stone block at a time.
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• They can work but alot of times its hard for some places to employ athletes due to schedule demands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
        They can work but alot of times its hard for some places to employ athletes due to schedule demands.
        Some Peoria businesses are very understanding about athletes schedules...
        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
        -John Wooden

Comment

• Will Orukpe be here for the summer practice sessions? I hope he works hard with Stutz and JT to get some offensive moves going by the time the season starts. Little is needed from him other than great defense and putbacks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snapshot9
            Will Orukpe be here for the summer practice sessions? I hope he works hard with Stutz and JT to get some offensive moves going by the time the season starts. Little is needed from him other than great defense and putbacks.
            Free throws.

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio
              Will Orukpe be here for the summer practice sessions? I hope he works hard with Stutz and JT to get some offensive moves going by the time the season starts. Little is needed from him other than great defense and putbacks.
              Free throws.
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Snapshot9
                Well I doubt he goes back to Nigeria for the summer. He'd probably never make it back.

Comment

• His arrival inches closer.... :poster_eo:
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22
                    His arrival inches closer.... :poster_eo:
                    Is there a countdown? :yes:

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker
                      Originally posted by SubGod22
                      His arrival inches closer.... :poster_eo:
                      Is there a countdown? :yes:
                      Of course there is. I just don't know for sure what it is. But I believe finals are this week. And I don't think we have to worry about him going home before heading to WSU. So I'd expect it to be sooner rather than later.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• I saw him at Taco Shop on Central today. He was eating with Elvis and D.B. Cooper.
                        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Veva Las Vegas baby. Rattle them pots and pans but don't be cruel!!!!!!!
                          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Ol' Badass Balla
                            I saw him at Taco Shop on Central today. He was eating with Elvis and D.B. Cooper.
                            I was very sad when taco shop closed

Comment

• TRCC commencement is tomorrow afternoon.

I'm hoping the big guy grabs that sheepskin, walks off stage and out the side door into a waiting car pointed toward Wichita.
                              “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan
                                Veva Las Vegas baby. Rattle them pots and pans but don't be cruel!!!!!!!
                                Viva.

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Working...
                                X