No announcement yet.

Any news on Orukpe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you Ehimen! For all your efforts. I think this thread testifies to a whole evolution of Shocker basketball, and you along with it. High hopes and then low expectations, and then a respectable person and a tough competitor. One who represents the Shockers well. We wish you well in all things!

Comment

• Make no mistake. This thread is not over

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
        The free throw that will live in infamy...

I hate to bring it up but that was really funny. Love the big fella regardless.
        Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post
        Drawing the fourth foul on Dieng could have been big. But someone the momentum shifted against us once he left. I enjoyed watching EO whenever he was in throughout his career.
        Originally posted by kstarheel View Post
        Free Throws... would have been nice if he would have figured out those things.
        It wasn't that funny, it wasn't Dieng leaving that caused the momentum shift, and it would have been a lot more than nice if he could have made 2 or 3.

We had a 12 point lead, we were in the bonus, and momentum was totally going our way. After both EO front end misses, Henderson came down and knocked down a 3. Making 1 or 2 of the throws each time could have kept the mo going our way. Jumping that lead to 14 would have been huge, but even having an 8 or 9 point lead after those 3s instead of 6 would have made Louisville's come back much harder.

Don't get me wrong. I'm extremely proud of all our Shockers and the coaches. It was a great, great run!!

Edit: Correctiion. I knew we were in the Bonus as stated later, not the Double Bonus. I want to add, I'm not picking on EO as a lot of players on both sides had "moments". Russ Smith's 4 missed throws at the beginning of the game stood out (he's an 80% FT shooter) and were important to Louisville's situation at the time. It's college basketball.
        Last edited by ShockTalk; April 7, 2013, 09:20 AM.

Comment

• Because it was referenced elsewhere.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
            Because it was referenced elsewhere.
            Nice. Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockoftheages View Post
              Thank you Ehimen! For all your efforts. I think this thread testifies to a whole evolution of Shocker basketball, and you along with it. High hopes and then low expectations, and then a respectable person and a tough competitor. One who represents the Shockers well. We wish you well in all things!
              Well put! EO IS the evolution of Shocker basketball from the 80s to today! Everyone saw the potential but no one could harness it. Despite legal and geographical issues, HCGM succeeded in awakening the sleeping giant!

It just took a little longer than expected.
              Livin the dream

Comment

• Because I saw reference to it elsewhere. :D
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• I am starting to feel that the Wiggins thread has sleeper potential, and Any News on Orukpe might need to start scouting it in case of a potential Cinderella upset.

Comment

• I did enjoy the fact that the keeper of the lanes made a cameo appearance on hcgms keys to the city

Comment

• The only way the Wiggins thread could touch Ehimen is if he actually came here..... Maybe???

Even with that, it's tough to top this one. There are some terriffic moments in this one.
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

The only way the Wiggins thread could touch Ehimen is if he actually came here..... Maybe???

Even with that, it's tough to top this one. There are some terriffic moments in this one.
                        Especially since Andrew's would be 1 year and EO was at least 5 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                          Especially since Andrew's would be 1 year and EO was at least 5 years.
                          Andrews would continue into the NBA though. So he would have that.
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Andrews would continue into the NBA though. So he would have that.
                            True. But I have a feeling that this thread will "keep on keepin' on" even with nothing to discuss. It did for a while before. And really is now as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by rrshock View Post
                              True. But I have a feeling that this thread will "keep on keepin' on" even with nothing to discuss. It did for a while before. And really is now as well.
                              What do you mean?

There was a keeper of the plains on that key to the city. It was clearly an EO reference.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                                What do you mean?

There was a keeper of the plains on that key to the city. It was clearly an EO reference.
                                I know that reference. I started it.

I mean that there won't be any more games. Nothing basketball related. But there will still be posts.

Comment

Working...
                                X