Any news on Orukpe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wuzee
    TRCC commencement is tomorrow afternoon.

I'm hoping the big guy grabs that sheepskin, walks off stage and out the side door into a waiting Cessna Citation pointed toward Wichita.
    Fixed it.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wuzee
      TRCC commencement is tomorrow afternoon.

I'm hoping the big guy grabs that sheepskin, walks off stage and out the side door into a waiting car pointed toward Wichita.
      He won't need a car. He'll just do a hop, skip, and jump and be here.

Comment

• I hope he is motivated and determined enough to say to himself, "I will make a difference". The anticipation he has caused amongs fans and coaches alike has been great.

He is getting his chance to be a part of a good, maybe great team here, and he could be instrumental in maybe getting us back to the Big Dance.

From the pictures I saw of him at TRCC, he looked like he had filled out nicely. Does anyone know what he weighs now?

Also, congrats to Ehimen for getting his A.A. degree. (I, myself, got a A.A. degree before transferring to a 4 year for my BBA degree).

Comment

• Amazing

Over 164,000 views for this thread already -- it'll probably outnumber the population of Wichita before his WSU career is finished -- and almost 2600 posts, some of them (unlike this one) actually relevant to the subject.

That's more amazing than any of Orukpe's feats, real or legendary. Are we headed for a ShockerNet record that will never be broken?

Comment

• He will be one of the biggest engineers ever!

Comment

• Just in case, hide the razor blades.
              "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Can't wait for Coach Dollar to get ahold of Orukpe since he coachs the bigs besides guards. A good coach could really develop Orukpe into a force on the court.

(on a note though, the basketball offseason sucks big time).

Comment

• How many days until EO gets his first Shocker dunk?
                  For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
                  - said no one ever...

Comment

• what the?
                    For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
                    - said no one ever...

Comment

• Is EO and the other players on campus, yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by Txlen
                        Is EO and the other players on campus, yet?
                        Yes, Deer Slayer and I were talking about this very subject, just moments ago.

Are the players playing yet?
                        "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Wait a minute. Catch me up. Did EO get over from Nigeria yet? Let's talk about it? Goin on 200 pages.

Comment

• Is coach Dollar a better big man coach than coach Gross?

Comment

• The kids are mostly on a break now.

Garrett and Toure are back from Poland (Toure's still in Houston I think). Summer classes are underway so conditioning etc will begin in earnest very soon.

The big man will be here.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers
                                Is coach Dollar a better big man coach than coach Gross?
                                I have never seen anything stating who on the former coaching staff (while Grant was still here) actually coached the big men, but in Chad Dollar's coaching resume from ASU, it is stated that he works with guards and big men.

I went back to past articles on Dollar, and it mentioned in one that he worked with guards and small forwards, so it looks like he can work with
                                any position of a player. Perhaps he and Coach Gross will both coach the big men, which would only mean faster progress for them.

This is a good read:

Comment

Working...
                                X