No announcement yet.

Any news on Orukpe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The boys appear to all be back in town--including PJ and Jay for pickup games.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockar25
      http://blogs.kansas.com/shockwaves/2010/06/08/basketball-shockers-back-in-town/

The boys appear to all be back in town--including PJ and Jay for pickup games.
      And Ramon Clemente is in town as well. :yahoo:

Comment

• Am I remembering correctly that Jay left Evansville for UMKC?

Is 2010-2011 his senior year?

What in the world were both parties thinking there??????

Comment

• Have pickup games started. If so, what days and times?

I want to go watch again. Anxious to see how Orukpe does.

Would be nice if Paul Miller would show up and play against Orukpe again.
          Paul could teach him a lot.

Comment

• Yes. Daily.

Ok. Me too.

Yes. Yes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snapshot9
              Have pickup games started. If so, what days and times?

I want to go watch again. Anxious to see how Orukpe does.

Would be nice if Paul Miller would show up and play against Orukpe again.
              Paul could teach him a lot.
              I watch EO block Miller's shots back to back 2 years ago

Comment

• He can block it now using only his ribcage.

Comment

• Dwight Howard was in Wichita yesterday. Watched Howard drive lane and EO swat him from the bench while signing an autograph.

Comment

• I wonder if EO has been made aware of this monstrosity of a thread which challenges all comprehension! Perhaps it would be better to leave him in the dark on this thing so as not to place too much 'pressure' on his 7'0 shoulders.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockar25
                      I wonder if EO has been made aware of this monstrosity of a thread which challenges all comprehension! Perhaps it would be better to leave him in the dark on this thing so as not to place too much 'pressure' on his 7'0 shoulders.
                      Breaking News: EO now measures 7'0 to his shoulders.
                      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                      -John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle
                        Originally posted by shockar25
                        I wonder if EO has been made aware of this monstrosity of a thread which challenges all comprehension! Perhaps it would be better to leave him in the dark on this thing so as not to place too much 'pressure' on his 7'0 shoulders.
                        Breaking News: EO now measures 7'0 to his shoulders.
                        That's the width. He takes up lot of room in the post.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Nigerian Solomon Alabi has a great chance of being drafted tonight.

I'll take this kind of progression of development in EO: Bio
                          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                          -John Wooden

Comment

• Solomon would do nothing but warm the bench for many years in the NBA.

All that says is money can buy tall.

The issue I seem to have with Orukpe, from all reports, is we spend 3-4-5 years courting him, developing him, to maybe getting 1 halfway decent year from him when he becomes a senior when the schollie could have been used to get a 6'9" or 6'10" guy that is much more athletic and possesses many more skills on the court, and would give you at least 3 good years on the court.

I have heard all the excuses for Orukpe, and other players as well, but like I said before, basketball is not Rocket Science, and any real good player can usually figure out what to do within a year, and continue from there. I don't have a lot of patience for someone that can not use their god given brain to figure something out that is not THAT hard.

I know what it takes in a sport, I played several sports when younger, and still play some, and have placed 9th in the world (International competition) in one of them.

Comment

• Comment

• Patience! There are 132 pages of over the top hype that nobody could possibly live up to with a few tidbits of sanity thrown in. Now that Orukpe is finally on campus and there are reports saying that he does not walk on water, people are already turning on him. Truthfully, I feel for the guy. He did not ask for the hype. From talking with him, he seems like a quality young man who has remained loyal to WSU and is here to get an education while playing basketball.

In the pick-up game thread, there are comments about the quality of coaching at the juco level. I've watched juco ball and, in my opinion, there is very little player development going on there. So, I'm not surprised that his skill set has not advanced much after two years in the juco ranks.

Be fair to Orukpe and let him develop under the direction of our coaching staff.
                                “Confrontation simply means meeting the truth head-on.”

Mike Krzyzewski

Comment

Working...
                                X