No announcement yet.

Any news on Orukpe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quite simply, I think that Hamilton will be relegated to the 4 position because he needs to be closer to the basket. He is not a good enough outside shooter to play the 3.

I think his defense could be okay at either the 3 or 4, but his offense is better suited for the 4 position. He seems to be pretty athletic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snapshot9
      Quite simply, I think that Hamilton will be relegated to the 4 position because he needs to be closer to the basket. He is not a good enough outside shooter to play the 3.

I think his defense could be okay at either the 3 or 4, but his offense is better suited for the 4 position. He seems to be pretty athletic.
      I agree, but people remember the report of him hitting 5 threes in a game or something like that and want to project him out there. Like I said earlier, until I see it with my own two eyes he's only a PF.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Grayer?

Just curious, monster: what makes you believe that Steve Grayer had much better skills than Hamilton does?

That's certainly possible, but how would you know, especially at this point? In any case, I trust Marshall to know what he's doing in his recruiting and to be able to find a way to manage the minutes. I'm just speculating that he may be hoping to do so by giving Hamilton a chance at SF. History certainly provides reasons for skepticism, but I'm not going to assume it can't happen and be successful. It's a long way down the road, though.

Comment

• When Coach Smithson annouced Grayer's letter of intent, he compared him to WSU's version of Magic Johnson. He was going to be our 6'-8" point guard. As it turned out he wasn't that fast and couldn't jump. He ended up playing under the basket much like JT Durley. He was quick and always had good position for rebounds and shots. Great hands and good body control, but I'm sure he never dunked ball.

Comment

• I am wondering how many of the posters on this thread have seen Jerome play.

Not many, I fear.

Opinions, based on heresay, are founded on shifting sands.
            "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• I have. Twice.

Not enough to make an opinion, although I will say watching a football video, he seemed to be quick enough to change direction, tip a pass, change direction again and tackle the offensive player that caught it.

Much different sport, much different circumstances. I will say that he has shown he is a hard worker, and if he develops an outside shot over time then POSSIBLE by his JR or SR year he MAY be able to play the 3 in CERTAIN situations.

Comment

• A lot (if not all) of this depends on whether that night's opponent plays 3 perimeter players or 3 inside players. The game is played both ways.

Wilson had enough handles and enough shooting range, that Jamar Howard was playing the wing as if he were a 4, not a 3. Wilson was, technically, a 6'8" wing on offense when he played with Howard. On D, he defended the other team's PF.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio
                  I am wondering how many of the posters on this thread have seen Jerome play.

Not many, I fear.

Opinions, based on heresay, are founded on shifting sands.
                  Seen him twice on video stream playing for his AAU team two Summers ago.
                  In the fast lane

Comment

• The few times I've seen him play he lacked range but was a beast in the paint. Like I've said, until I see otherwise he's a PF and nothing but a PF
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• He was easy to spot in his AAU games with his energy. Great hustle, defense and rebounding. I really like what I saw. However he had no shot past 5 to 8 feet.
                      In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox
                        He was easy to spot in his AAU games with his energy. Great hustle, defense and rebounding. I really like what I saw. However he had no shot past 5 to 8 feet.
                        :yes:
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• who ever said everybody on the team has to get playing time? There will be plenty of minutes for him in 2 years after we lose Blair, Ellis and Durley. In fact we will need more big men.

Comment

• Hamilton has two years to develop into whatever type of player the coaching staff thinks he needs to be.

Comment

• JH has been developing his outside shot. I think that he is going to absolutely surprise many fans. Good kid.

Comment

• Is this an EO thread or JH thread? I'm confused. :)

Comment

Working...
                                X