No announcement yet.

Any news on Orukpe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can not get enough of FSF. Most of his posts get me excited....but not nearly as excited as he seems to always be.

How do you live like that? It must be exhausting :D
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• DRUGS

Comment

• No drugs here but I am a basketball junkie. I just happen to be a fan of the very best Major College Men's Basketball Program in existance. What goes around comes around and now it is time to kick some arse!!!!!!!
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Positive Thinking

We went tot he opening show for the Riverfest. At the beginning, one of the announers came out & yelled "Rock Chalk, Jayhawk" and a loud cheer went up in the crowd of 6,000. Someone down front booed, & the announcer put them down for it.

My thot is this: "Dont rain on the Jayhawks parade". Lets just hope now that the Shocks can create something with the WSU Men's basketball team that we can all yell about, too!

Comment

• We don't seem to be on Noel's radar, and if we aren't, he should really reconsider. We are going to have one heck of a team for him to play with. With him it will be outstanding, and we will be so proud of him.. he's already part of our great family.
            In the fast lane

Comment

• Great point Trop. Noel is royalty with us no matter who he signs with. Remember how disappointed we were when Taj Gray signed with Oklahoma? Just think if we would have had him on the front line with Paul Miller and Kyle Wilson? However, we still made it to the Sweet 16 Paul's Senior year and Oklahoma did not. Likewise, Noel will be an impact player no matter where he signs. Cheese was one of the best Shocker players ever, so obviously, we dream of Noel following his footsteps. My point is this. Noel is my #1 choice next year because of what I mentioned above. However, we are bringing in the types of players now that will get us where we want to go anyway. Therefore, what happens, happens.

Comment

• The happenings would just be better with Noel :D
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• The thing to also think about is Davidson.

Stephon Curry put himself in the 1st round whenever he comes out by carrying a good Davidson team almost to the Final Four. They had the shot to win the game against Kansas. Add Stutz and Orukpe inside, with the other shooters and Noel would rule the Valley and we would make a huge dent in the NCAA's.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown
                    The thing to also think about is Davidson.

Stephon Curry put himself in the 1st round whenever he comes out by carrying a good Davidson team almost to the Final Four. They had the shot to win the game against Kansas. Add Stutz and Orukpe inside, with the other shooters and Noel would rule the Valley and we would make a huge dent in the NCAA's.
                    You bring up an excelent point, which is no surprise. Someone like Noel could come in and be surrounded by the pieces he'd need to be successful. A couple of true 7 foot centers. Quality PGs that can distribute and shoot well enough to keep defenses honest. And a couple of other guards who can create and score as well. Guys who would be capable of going off if too much focus were to be put on him. Guys who would make him better. He could very well have a Curry effect on WSU if he came here.
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• I agree Sub, he could have that effect on the team, and be the catalyst we would need to go deep into the Big Dance. A dangerous 3 can be a thang of beauty, scoring inside and out.

With him, we could elevate to Gonzaga status.

Comment

• I remember Mo Evans TORCHING the valley.

Unfortunately he had nobody else to help outside of Jason Perez. WHich dont get me wrong is a great thing but if they could have had at least 2 more decent players then all would have been good.

Comment

• Darren Williams wasn't a star, but he often gets overlooked on those teams because of his injuries and the type of sets Smithson ran. It was a three man show in Wichita back then, and we should have had better showings!
                          Livin the dream

Comment

• It seems to be a win-win scenario for both Noel and WSU. The fan base here would welcome here with open arms like none other. What other Board has 328 replies about him already at this juncture not to mention he appears on other threads. Next, it could be possible that if he had another Bookend to bring with him, we could manage to make room. ;-) Earned playing time should be plentiful for him here. Coach Marshall loves to coach players with a dedicated work ethic like Noel has. Drake showed just how fast a team can turn a Season around from the Valley. I concur with the comments on the posts above with the quality of players that we are piping into our Program now. If we could just get Noel here for a visit during a Shocker game-----who knows what could happen? That excitement could be very persuasive.

I'm wondering if EO will have a game similar to Ozell Jones? It sounds as though he oozes with potential. Mr. G. Stutz and Orukpe will only help each other improve, but also expose and refine each others strengths and weaknesses. This is all giving FSF goose bumps just thinking about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan
                              This is all giving FSF goose bumps just thinking about it.
                              You and me both
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• What is the record number of pages for a thread? Hopefully, insignificant posts count just as much as important comments. Just doing my part.

EO, if you read this, know that Shockerland are JONESIN (sp?) for you BIGTIME !!!! :posterwsu: :wsu_posters: :posterwsu:
                                For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
                                - said no one ever...

Comment

Working...
                                X