Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats on the 100 page thread.

I knew we could do it.

Now back to EO--sticking to my prediction of a 5 and 5 guy.

pts/rbd

Sounds solid on d though.

Comment

• Originally posted by lawmaker
      Congrats on the 100 page thread.

I knew we could do it.

pts/rbd

Solid prediction after 2 games.

Your contributions to this board are always top-notched.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever
        Originally posted by lawmaker

I knew we could do it.

pts/rbd

That rug really tied the room together.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever
          Originally posted by lawmaker

I knew we could do it.

pts/rbd

Because Denny Crane says so Dammit!

Comment

• As much as I liked Carter when I watched him, I don't think a JuCo guard is high on the list right now. That would put Kyles, Murry, and Carter all in the same class.

There is the theory that you sign the best available player and then figure out how to use the players you have. That's how Larry Johnson ended up with the Chiefs, so that theory has some demonstrated weaknesses.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh
              As much as I liked Carter when I watched him, I don't think a JuCo guard is high on the list right now. That would put Kyles, Murry, and Carter all in the same class.

There is the theory that you sign the best available player and then figure out how to use the players you have. That's how Larry Johnson ended up with the Chiefs, so that theory has some demonstrated weaknesses.
              I was thinking the same thing...at first. I believe Carter is running point for TRCC? I ask this cause what happens when Hannah graduates this year? What if Kenny or Demetric aren't quite ready to lead this team to that next level as sophmores?

As heavy as we are on solid guards...how heavy are we on solid point guards?
              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Answer: NEVER too heavy.

Comment

• Carter is indeed 3 Rivers' point guard. I had doubts about him being a true point guard due to him being a scorer. After seeing him I am a doubter no more.
                  In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox
                    Carter is indeed 3 Rivers' point guard. I had doubts about him being a true point guard due to him being a scorer. After seeing him I am a doubter no more.
                    Well then, I say go for him and go for him hard LOL.
                    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox
                      Carter is indeed 3 Rivers' point guard. I had doubts about him being a true point guard due to him being a scorer. After seeing him I am a doubter no more.
                      He does seem to fit the profile of a true combo guard that Marshall likes so much.
                      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Originally posted by lawmaker

I knew we could do it.

pts/rbd

:clap: :wsu_posters: :yahoo: :clap:

Comment

Johnson's main weakness is the connection between his brain and his jaw muscles.

Comment

Anecdote that (a) neither proves or disproves the idea of getting the best available player, and (b) wouldn't even ring true if it did.

(a) What does LJ's head problems have to do with the issue?

(b) LJ is just 75 yards shy of the Chief's rushing record. For a few seasons, he was a stud. Whatever issues he's got in his head now have made him far less a player over the last few seasons, but I can't see any way they could have resulted from him being the best available player when the Chiefs drafted him. If anything, LJ sitting behind Holmes for a few seasons helped him.

The discussion might be moot because, as things appear right now, one of the things we might need most next season is point guard leadership.
                            The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• LOI

Sounds like Wednesday is the big day for EO.

Comment

• Also sounds like we can forget about Carter. He will wait until Spring. We may have another point guard lined up for Wednesday. I'm guessing Michael Wynn.
                                In the fast lane

Comment

Working...
                                X