No announcement yet.

Any news on Orukpe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EO's problem is that he relies too much on his height. Instead of fighting for position, he simply tries to reach over defenders. I saw at least two examples of this in the John Logan game. He also needs to learn to use his big frame to eat up space, he stands up too straight in the post. I've seen what our coaching staff has done with Garrett, EO will be fine.
    Professional gas passer.

Comment

• Originally posted by blackandgold
      EO's problem is that he relies too much on his height. Instead of fighting for position, he simply tries to reach over defenders. I saw at least two examples of this in the John Logan game. He also needs to learn to use his big frame to eat up space, he stands up too straight in the post. I've seen what our coaching staff has done with Garrett, EO will be fine.
      :yes:

Comment

• We'll see what a full summer of playing against an improved Garrett Stutz does for him.

Comment

• Re: re:

Originally posted by Uncle Rico
          We're not going to need EO to score next year. We have enough scoring down low already. What he will bring next year is front court depth, and a defensive presence in spell of our other 4 guys. I bet he averages less than 10 min a game but will provide quality minutes.

The following year, we'll need him to be big with the loss of JT, AE, and GB.
          It would not surprise me if EO never averaged 10 points as a Shocker. That doesn't change my excitement about him coming as he will be such a help defensively that double figures averages in scoring won't be required. I do look forward to him learning to position for rebounding as I'd love him to become a much better rebounder than he has shown so far.

Comment

• 5, 5, and 2 is about what he has averaged all year. If he can learn to gain rebounding position, he will easily average 10 and 10 with offensive rebounds. I noticed Garrett had 3 offensive rebounds on one trip down the court against the Roos. Per the box score, he did not get credit for all of them.

What we need, he provides...defensive presence and an ability to get up and down the court with ease.
            Livin the dream

Comment

• I've seen perimeter players dribble down their legs both literally and figuratively when they penetrate, get past the first defender, and then see Stutz waiting for them.

When they see EO waiting for them and realize he can jump, it will be both back court and front court players dribbling down their legs.

The points EO denies by simply being there will never show up on a stat sheet or in a box score.

Shots from 3' or less are generally considered high percentage shots. Take those away and opponents are forced into lower percentage shots. That wins games that are equal on every other aspect, and the Shox have pretty good coverage for "every other aspect".
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• 5 5 and 2 and alot of fouls says he is not quite ready for prime time. We may need to cool our jets just alittle bit.

Comment

• The beauty of this is that EO keeps improving and working hard under the guidance of good Juco coaching. Our big men are developing and improving at WSU. He will be a great fit here. Kerry R. will get him stronger and he will continue to learn the game under our Coaching Staff. Stutz and EO will make each other better through competition. I hope Miller can make some summer visits as well. By the time EO is a Senior---watch out!!!!!!!
                  Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by Overtime
                    5 5 and 2 and alot of fouls says he is not quite ready for prime time. We may need to cool our jets just alittle bit.
                    Or it says that he is playing his first year of organized COLLEGE level basketball in the US. I guess it depends on your perspective.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockCity
                      Originally posted by Overtime
                      5 5 and 2 and alot of fouls says he is not quite ready for prime time. We may need to cool our jets just alittle bit.
                      Or it says that he is playing his first year of organized COLLEGE level basketball in the US. I guess it depends on your perspective.
                      I just hate common sense comments! :D
                      SFL is back!

Comment

• He may not be the "Savior" but just another piece in the masterwork that HCGM is weaving.

Comment

• No need for a savior in this program. 2 ppg or 22 ppg, athletic 7 foot jumping-jacks make me salivate!!!
                          Livin the dream

Comment

• I don't disagree with any of what's been said in response to my earlier comment........I just want to keep my expectations down a little and give him time......Garret was being demeaned because alot of us expected to much to soon ( likewise Paul Miller)...We have already overhyped him (a zillion posts and he hasn't played a year of organized ball)....Don't know what point I'm trying to make except that thus far his numbers don,t match the fervor...BUT I look forward to him being here and believe he will eventually be a key player for us ..A major piece in a top 25 team is what I'm hoping

Comment

• This year is really like his 'Freshman' year as far as actually playing, so next year would be a 'Sophmore' year of playing. If he makes strides next year like Stutz has this year, his Sophmore year, we will, indeed, be alright.

We should have the best 1-2 Centers in the MVC next year.

Comment

• I was looking at kenpom.com. The shockers have the tallest average team in the MVC at 77.3" tall. Next year losing our shortest player at 5'11 (Hannah) and gaining another 7 footer will increase our average height to 78.2".

Comment

Working...
                                X