Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It also looked like Carter had 3 Assist & 7 TO's

Comment

• Looks like Carter had a case of the Singletaries.

Comment

• Just for conversation sake, is E O developing the way HCGM would want?

He, by far leads the team in blocked shots, but he is 4th in rebounds and he is shooting 50% from the line. I believe he is averaging 5 points a game.

Comment

• I'm no expert on EO, but I think there's little doubt that he will be a work in progress when he gets here. I think it's safe to say he will be mostly a defensive weapon in the initial stages until our coaches can work with him on his offensive capabilities. Very raw would be a good description.

I don't know what Coach Bess' expectations are, but it sounds like they have a pretty loaded team and don't necessarily NEED EO to be a standout at this point. Again, others are much more versed on things at Three Rivers I'm sure.

Comment

• From the few games I've watched, it seems like he only plays about 1/2 the game. They do have depth, and he does get in foul trouble. I'm not sure how many minutes he is averaging, but I wouldn't think it is any more than 20 per game.

Comment

• We are losing Hannah and will need a starting PG in 2010-11. I nominate EO as our next point guard. :D
              Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
              Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

• Almost looks like Stutz or Ellis MUST redshirt. Interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
                  We are losing Hannah and will need a starting PG in 2010-11. I nominate EO as our next point guard. :D
                  Now that would be funny and scary all at the same time!

:lol:

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers
                    Almost looks like Stutz or Ellis MUST redshirt. Interesting.
                    I don't think anyone will redshirt next year that is alreadyu here. EO will get limited minutes and so will Hamilton. We will still have the same basic rotation of Durley, Stutz, Ellis and Blair. That is three seniors on the front line, EO, Hamilton, Stutz, will be getting all the minutes in 11-12.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker22
                      Originally posted by pinstripers
                      I don't think anyone will redshirt next year that is alreadyu here. EO will get limited minutes and so will Hamilton. We will still have the same basic rotation of Durley, Stutz, Ellis and Blair. That is three seniors on the front line, EO, Hamilton, Stutz, will be getting all the minutes in 11-12.
                      Agreed. I don't think EO cracks the rotation next year. We will be better with the current four, and that may be how GM intends it to work. If EO and/or Hamilton are so good that Ellis/Stutz HAVE to red-shirt or sit the bench, that's great! I just don't see it happening. The coaches will continue to work with the reserve bigs for preperation in 2011-12.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers
                        I don't think you can redshirt guys who will have experience and talent that we need on the floor just so a project can get his minutes. EO and Hamilton will just have to wait until the Durley/Blair/Ellis trio graduates.

Comment

Comment

• How may times does their need to be explanation of Orupke's play. No wonder this forum is so long

Comment

• I've hesitated to make this comparison but I think it's valid.

A few years back I watched an athletic 6'11" Aaron Pettway play at HCC. He had a slightly better offensive game than EO and a similar defensive game. Probably a better rebounder. I thought he was going to make a fine D1 center wherever he went. He ended up at Oklahoma St. In his senior season he averaged 6.7 minutes, 1.0 points, 1.3 rebounds, 0.4 blocks, 0.7 turnovers and 1.4 fouls.

Granted, Pettway played behind Mario Boggan but even in limited minutes didn't perform as well as I expected.

I expect better results from EO in his senior season, but until then, I don't expect more than Pettway-like numbers.

Comment

• Gene Wiley averaged 5.3 (so); 12.5 (jr) and 13.0 (sr) with 80 blocks in senior year (career).
                                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                                ---------------------------------------
                                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Working...
                                X