Any news on Orukpe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
    I loved reading on shockwaves that Paul s. was surprised at how little offense drake ran through van deest. He chalked it up to van deest not being what he used to be after all the injuries.

Maybe that's the case but I'm chalking it up to EO!... Where it belongs. Drake tried to use van deest and EO kept denying entry passes and blocking shots.
    On one particular play EO made VanDeest look like a 250 pound tub of lard. I was actually embarrassed for him. And giddy for EO.
    Last edited by Kung Wu; January 3, 2013, 08:38 PM.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
      On one particular play EO made VanDeest look like a 250 pound tub of lard. I was actually embarrassed for him. And giddy for EO.
      VanDeest doesn't need any help looking like a tub of lard. That boy is pure Crisco. He is EO in an alternate universe where everything is the opposite of ours. Playing against EO all night probably inspired VanTub to punch a picture of his own father.

Genetics are king.

T

...:cool:

Comment

• Are there still any doubters out there about what he brings to the table for this team?
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
          Are there still any doubters out there about what he brings to the table for this team?
          Hiw could anyone doubt him now?

Comment

• And can the other 3 or 4 EO threads get combined into this one so that they are all together?

Comment

Are there still any doubters out there about what he brings to the table for this team?
              The question has been - Was it worth the investment in EO to have him for one season ? I would say yes.

We've had at least one 7 footer on the roster for 5 years. Next year will be our first year without a 7 footer on the roster. I think we will see a big difference in our defense.

I wonder who our next 7' project will be. Henry ?

Comment

• I always thought that he'd have a valuable role. But I'll admit that he's a little more valuable than I thought. However, I remember some people predicting a double figure scoring average that was a pipe dream. Even so, he's improving with almost every game that he plays. If he just averages 6-7 points, 6-8 rebounds, and 4-5 blocked shots in his 20 minutes per game (or so), the remainder of the year, I'll be thrilled.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                  I always thought that he'd have a valuable role. But I'll admit that he's a little more valuable than I thought. However, I remember some people predicting a double figure scoring average that was a pipe dream. Even so, he's improving with almost every game that he plays. If he just averages 6-7 points, 6-8 rebounds, and 4-5 blocked shots in his 20 minutes per game (or so), the remainder of the year, I'll be thrilled.
                  I would rather see 10 shots altered than 5 shots blocked. To me, EO is worth it if he can intimidate the opponent and get his share of rebounds, and everything else is just gravy.

Comment

• EO=Master Altering Block Monster!
                    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Alterations By Ehimen. Fast Service. Immediate Turn Around. Intimidation at no extra charge.

Comment

Tell me you didn't have doubts about him going into the year. The first 135 pages of this thread were somewhat crazy and unjustified. It is NOW, that EO has arrived and is making a case for himself. He's not gonna score 15 a game, but its the defense and rebounding he brings that makes him a potential, if not already, stud. He's finally coming on and I'm proud of him. The feeling of comfort overwhelms me when he's in there now.

But 140 some pages later, it's about time..
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                          Tell me you didn't have doubts about him going into the year. The first 135 pages of this thread were somewhat crazy and unjustified. It is NOW, that EO has arrived and is making a case for himself. He's not gonna score 15 a game, but its the defense and rebounding he brings that makes him a potential, if not already, stud. He's finally coming on and I'm proud of him. The feeling of comfort overwhelms me when he's in there now.

But 140 some pages later, it's about time..
                          I was very confident that Ehimen would be a factor this year. I believe I was saying that he'd start and play 20+ minutes a game and be a factor on D and not the liability some thought on O. Anyone who's been watching closely the last couple of years could see the improvements he'd made, but he'd just been behind other posts. With time to play and get comfortable, I had little doubt that he'd be what we've been seeing.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
                            I would rather see 10 shots altered than 5 shots blocked. To me, EO is worth it if he can intimidate the opponent and get his share of rebounds, and everything else is just gravy.

Usually if your blocked shot stats are good, you will have a lot of altered shots too. When they come up with an altered shots statistic, we'll go with that.

Comment

• What is the difference between an altered shot and a blocked shot? Is it more of a judgement call by the statistician?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                                Alterations By Ehimen. Fast Service. Immediate Turn Around. Intimidation at no extra charge.
                                Very, very sharp!

T

...:cool:

Comment

Working...
                                X