Conner Frankamp is a Shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by I_Vector_Wu View Post
    Are we done with our Connorgasm yet? I'll wait a year or so to pass judgement on how he pans out. In the meantime there are a dozen plus guys who have put in the time and effort to make this team what is, in the here and NOW. I hope our team members aren't the jealous types, 59 pages and all, wouldn't that be ironic if all the hoopla caused team chemistry issues. I don't think it will but something to chew on. Good luck to CF and ALL our other recruits. Now get back to work, ALL of you! :tears_of_joy: We have an important game tomorrow night, lets focus on that. #Thanksforlettingmerainonyourparade
    EO having a 160+ page thread did not seem to have any effect. Chemistry issues will be mostly dependent on how Conner handles his himself and melds into a team-first player. I can't imagine a thread on Shockernet.net having any impact whatsoever. Personally, I just don't see 3G tolerating any player who does not buy in to the Marshall way. The ramifications would be swift and certain.

I would love it if Conner becomes more popular than Fred, Ron and Tekele. Not expecting that will happen but if it does that means he is one bad, bad stud muffin.

Comment

• If extremely good tactically is chucking the ball into the paint and not being able to adjust when someone has better bigs is being good, then sure, Bill Self is a good tactician. Also Bill Self can't take criticism.

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• I know a lot of you will hate this but Gottlieb talked to Soren on KC 810WHB a bit about Frankamp today. I honestly didn't have a problem with what Gottlieb said. http://810whb.com/page.php?page_id=140 starts at 26:00

Comment

• Originally posted by ccrunner101 View Post
          I know a lot of you will hate this but Gottlieb talked to Soren on KC 810WHB a bit about Frankamp today. I honestly didn't have a problem with what Gottlieb said. http://810whb.com/page.php?page_id=140 starts at 26:00
          So right off the bat in his opinion, Conner "transferred down a level" and you have no problem with that? (around 25:35 mark)

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTop View Post
            So right off the bat in his opinion, Conner "transferred down a level" and you have no problem with that? (around 25:35 mark)
            Gottlieboodman is an idiot.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTop View Post
              In respect to the conference competition, not at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by ccrunner101 View Post
                In respect to the conference competition, not at all.
                That ass has gone on a several tirades about how there's different levels of D1 basketball and how we can't compete at the highest level enough that I would never take any comment from from him that mentions our level as being anything positive. The guy is a jackass.

Comment

• At this level BS sounds familiar.
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• 3G's must have caught Gottlube trying to steal his credit cards...
                    The Assman

Comment

• Maybe coach tried to steel his Gottlubes credit card and Dougie got pissed because that's his thing and he knows that Marshall way better than him. Just like in coaching basketball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Therapy View Post
                        That ass has gone on a several tirades about how there's different levels of D1 basketball and how we can't compete at the highest level enough that I would never take any comment from from him that mentions our level as being anything positive. The guy is a jackass.
                        When we were in the S16, the F4 and taking the national runner (who is now a runaway #1 team) up to the wire, were we getting close to competing at the highest level? or do we have to go ahead and win a title this year to be competing at the highest level?

Comment

I will agree with you as I disagreed about those comments last year as well. Other college basketball topics I will agree with him about 99% of the time. The dude knows his college basketball. If anyone is a degenerate check out his picks ATS he was 38-19-2 last year and like 8-2-1 this year. In that same podcast he talks about how Perry Ellis has no chance at the next level. Doug is just blunt with his opinions.

Comment

• He gets too invested in what he's saying and just comes off as a jerk most of the time. His little fued with Lutz last year was just bizzarre.

Comment

He gets too invested in what he's saying and just comes off as a jerk most of the time. His little fued with Lutz last year was just bizzarre.

Haha def true. I actually forgot about that.

Comment

• It seems to take a full generation (like 25-30 years) to even come close of changing peoples perceptions of sports teams. Just look at ther K-States football program. They've been solid for what 20 years....and they still don't get a lot of national respect. On the other hand....isn't Notre Dame still the BEST of all of college football???
                                FINAL FOURS:
                                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                                #3 - Dec. 2017
                                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                                #2 ~ March 2014
                                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
                                X