Conner Frankamp is a Shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    I think the timing has a lot more to do with KU than the Frankamps. Also, Marty is getting grief here I think is over the top. Every kid's dad is tough to deal with, Marty is just local and we see him more.

I wouldn't mind seeing the criticism directed at him dialed back a bit.
    Doc, clear out some inbox space :)
    The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      I think the timing has a lot more to do with KU than the Frankamps. Also, Marty is getting grief here I think is over the top. Every kid's dad is tough to deal with, Marty is just local and we see him more.

I wouldn't mind seeing the criticism directed at him dialed back a bit.
      Agree completely. If it's not parents it's AAU handlers like I said before. Trust me parents are the lesser of the two evils. Besides how many of you know Marty personally or have more info than what you read in the paper or on message boards. For the "I can't get on board because we are overcommitted crowd" all I have to say is trust the man. He knows what he is doing and has learned from under recruting in the past.

Comment

• Originally posted by AdamCC View Post
        Speaking of which, is there any video footage of that game? It would be cool to watch.
        Great question...I will do some research and see what I can find. Hell, maybe I will spot @Fuente 858: and myself on tape back when we both had hair.

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
          Recruiting is about relationships and relationships with HS coaches. Last I looked, North was a high school and a local one. Not a bridge a smart coach would wish to burn. Just sayin' maybe it's not so silly, but to each his own
          LMAO yes definately silly in this case. And yes to each his own I guess. Keep reaching there!
          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• I've been thinking about this since Conner announced he was leaving. My thought is that HCGM is doing a good deed to a good friend coaching a team in Chicago now and he might need a good recruit so he's giving CF a courtesy visit so he can help direct him north. I'd much rather see him helping Chris than ever going to bluebirdville!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pigman View Post
              I've been thinking about this since Conner announced he was leaving. My thought is that HCGM is doing a good deed to a good friend coaching a team in Chicago now and he might need a good recruit so he's giving CF a courtesy visit so he can help direct him north. I'd much rather see him helping Chris than ever going to bluebirdville!
              Chris who in Chicago? I'm thinking you may be way off base here.
              "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

• jans

Comment

• I'm ready to bring Conner in. Scholarship situation be damned! Baker's going NBA after this season. The NCAA is raising the maximum number to 15. He's walking on. It's going to work and WSU and Conner will be better because of it.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                    Forgive me in advance, but do academic scholarships count against the total number of athletic scholarships allowed?
                    This won't affect the current situation, but since scholarships have been mentioned, here are changes coming soon.

Everything you need to know about NCAA academic eligibility including NCAA course requirements, GPA requirements, and sliding scale info for each division.

New NCAA D1 Requirements for Athletes Graduating in 2016 or Later

The academic requirements for student athletes graduating in 2016 or later are going to be much higher than the current academic markers. If current high school athletes were required to meet the new academic standards, over 15% of incoming freshman would not be eligible (40% of basketball players and 35% of football players). This means if you are following the same courses as the athletes ahead of you, there is a chance you will not be eligible. Here is a summary of all of the new requirements.
                    • The new minimum GPA goes up from 2.0 to 2.3
                    • The GPA requirements on the sliding scale have gone up roughly .5. See the sliding scale for 2016 graduates at the bottom of this page.
                    • You must complete 10 of your 16 core course before your senior year of high school
                    • You will not be allowed to retake any of your 10 core courses before your senior year for a higher score.
                    Last edited by 1979Shocker; November 9, 2014, 07:21 PM.

Comment

jans
                      Chicago, Ohio?

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                        Let me try to explain that a bit better, a walk on in a "head count" sport can receive a Pell grant. They also could receive a scholarship unaffiliated with the school. Say the Rotary Club issued a scholarship with a dollar amount of $15,000 per year. If that scholarship could be used at any school, the athlete could be considered a walk on. If it were a Rotary scholarship that could be used at Wichita State, or if it were a scholarship that could be used at any public school but only in Kansas, that walk on is now considered a scholarship athlete.
                        Which is how the mighty Cornhuskers fielded part of their great teams of the 80s and 90s-walkons getting "county scholarships" or some variation thereof.

Am I right?

Comment

jans
                          You're about 254 miles off. Chis Jans is the head coach of Bowling Green State University in Bowling Green, Ohio.
                          ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• i know that's who i meant just put wrong town

Comment

• I would like to interject a little fact into the different fictional tales being spun here.

FACT: Outside of CF, his parents, HCGM and his coaching staff there are very few people that have complete knowledge of the situation. We can argue all we want based upon the little information that is made public, but when more facts become known (if they are made known) we may find out that we were way off base in our thinking and rationalization of the situation. Regardless, people really need to dial back disparaging comments about the parties involved. Let's step back, give it some time and I think it will most likely work out in a way that will make a lot of sense to most.
                              ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                                Doc, clear out some inbox space :)

I'm mobile give me 30 minutes

Comment

Working...
                                X