No announcement yet.

Conner Frankamp is a Shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Semi will only have 1.5 to play, since he will miss the rest of the year (his full year 2) and the first half of next (making 2.5 completed years).

He could redshirt the 2015-2016 season, if he wants two full years.
    The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      Eligibility is not by semester. You play one qualifying game in a season and you have used up a year of eligibility regardless of whether that game is played in the 1st or 2nd semester.
      I looked it up and I think at Division 2 and below it is by semester. At least that's what my initial research suggests. I think at Division 1 it's by season like you said.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
        I looked it up and I think at Division 2 and below it is by semester. At least that's what my initial research suggests. I think at Division 1 it's by season like you said.
        We have delved into this in great detail on Shockernet with NCAA rules cited. If you play in any game during the season then you have used a year of eligibility. The two semesters you have to sit out at the new school are due to the transfer rules that you have to sit our a full academic year at the new school. If Ojeleye sat out this semester and all of next year he would have 2 years of eligibility remaining after next year. But if he plays in any game next year then we will have used his 3rd year of eligibility at the end of next year and have one year left. If there are some rules that trump this then they need to be cited. I don't believe Ojeleye qualifies for a medical or hardship waiver does he?

There are no longer one-half years of eligibility like there were in the Dave Stallworth days. Ojeleye has clearly used up two years of eligibility. He can play games in any two of the next 3 years to finish his remaining 2 years of eligibility under the 5 to play 4 rule assuming he does not qualify for a medical or hardship waiver for this year which I don't believe is the case.
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 14, 2014, 09:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
          @wufan:: does that mean CF had no benefit in leaving the team prior to the start of the season? He could've played and announced right now when Semi did?
          The benefit is that he was able to talk to coaches and visit schools prior to the end of the semester.
          Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
            NO! He will be eligible Dec 12 next year as a sophomore. He must sit two semesters (first semester this year counts, so he basically loses it). He will play spring of 2016 and have two more years (4 semesters) remaining after that, effectively putting him in the same class as Brown, Henderson, Kelly, Morris, and Nurger.
            And Holland. Seven seniors. Anybody offering odds.
            Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
              Semi will only have 1.5 to play, since he will miss the rest of the year (his full year 2) and the first half of next (making 2.5 completed years).

He could redshirt the 2015-2016 season, if he wants two full years.
              This is dead on. Soph in 14-15, Junior in 15-16 and senior in 16-17. Frankamp gained eligibility for the 17-18 season by not playing in KU's exhibition game or any others this semester.

Semi will have to sit out 2 semesters for transferring, but will not technically redshirt unless he sits out 3 semesters.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                Some should remind beaker fans that according the them, Self did have to talk Conner into coming back this year. How quickly they forget.

A classless bunch, they are.
                Originally posted by Turd Furgeson View Post
                Pretty arrogant considering they are a Texas change of heart/whim from being in one of the "mid major" conferences they turn up their noses at.
                Not really fair...it's easy to wish a guy transferring out well when it's driven by the coach. I don't recall such positive feelings about Mo or Ogirri...I don't suspect WSU fans would be very excited if Kelly announces tomorrow that he's transferring to Creighton or Tulsa.

Frankamp certainly made the right decision. His only mistake was not doing it last May, but you're kidding yourself if you think every fan base wouldn't react with spite or bitterness when anyone who figures into the rotation leaves completely on their own accord.

Comment

• Originally posted by 7hottamales View Post
                  Not really fair...it's easy to wish a guy transferring out well when it's driven by the coach. I don't recall such positive feelings about Mo or Ogirri...I don't suspect WSU fans would be very excited if Kelly announces tomorrow that he's transferring to Creighton or Tulsa.

Frankamp certainly made the right decision. His only mistake was not doing it last May, but you're kidding yourself if you think every fan base wouldn't react with spite or bitterness when anyone who figures into the rotation leaves completely on their own accord.
                  There are no mirrors in our "forum" world.
                  Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

People wanted Mo to stay. They were pizz off with FHCRS.

Ogirri needed to go. Once he slept with Ryan Martin's GF, the team chemistry was gone.
                    The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                      People wanted Mo to stay. They were pizz off with FHCRS.

Ogirri needed to go. Once he slept with Ryan Martin's GF, the team chemistry was gone.
                      ...and many KU fans rationalized Frankamp leaving as a "good riddance" situation because he was a "quitter" or
                      "Wasn't willing to compete to earn playing time" or "Marty is a cancer that can't be controlled....

All fan bases are essentially the same with similar emotional thought processes to justify things.

It's the way it has always been and always will be. Okay I guess but it would be nice to have a little more self awareness.

Comment

...and many KU fans rationalized Frankamp leaving as a "good riddance" situation because he was a "quitter" or
                        "Wasn't willing to compete to earn playing time" or "Marty is a cancer that can't be controlled....

All fan bases are essentially the same with similar emotional thought processes to justify things.

It's the way it has always been and always will be. Okay I guess but it would be nice to have a little more self awareness.
                        I'm only saying, Mo was driven away by the coach and Oggiri drove himself away.

No one wanted either to leave, but it would have been a cancer if they didn't.

I don't think that is the case with CF and SO. KU and Duke would have been just fine if they both stayed.
                        The Assman

Comment

• The only one I can rem that provoked such mass sentiments was Greg Dreiling(Benedict Dreiling we were calling him) Even then we didnt question his abilities
                          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• From the NCAA Transfer Guide 2013-14

Season of competition — Generally, NCAA rules say that
                            any competition in a season — regardless of the amount
                            of time — counts as having played a season in that sport.
                            If you play any time during a season, regardless of how
                            long you played, it counts as having played for an entire
                            season in that sport. Your season of competition starts
                            when you spend one second in competition
                            on the field,
                            court, gym or track

CF has not played "one second" this semester, so he has not used up his eligibility for his 2nd season. He must "sit out" for a year at his new institution before becoming eligible because of transferring. He will "use up" his 2nd year of eligibility by playing the 2nd semester of next year. He will then have 2 years of eligibility remaining.

This is not the case with Semi. He played last and this year. He has used up 2 years of eligibility. If he plays 2nd semester next year, after sitting out for a year (2 semesters), he will burn another year of eligibility, leaving only 1 year left.

Comment

• ok, I'm old and slow and can't keep up...did I miss that Semi MIGHT be interested in WSU?
                              Last edited by molly jabali; December 15, 2014, 06:37 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                                ok, I'm old and slow and can't keep up...did IA miss that Semi MIGHT be interested in WSU?
                                No, he has not said anything yet. As mention before in another post, K St may be a likely landing spot.

Comment

Working...
                                X