Conner Frankamp is a Shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
    Who would have ever predicted that Conner would come in this year and fail (so far) to outshoot Evan from last year?
    Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
    For the record, me.
    The D1 average this year is 34.6%. It was 34.2% last year. 2015 Evan shot 34.9%. You expected Conner to shoot below the D1 average? Really?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
      The D1 average this year is 34.6%. It was 34.2% last year. 2015 Evan shot 34.9%. You expected Conner to shoot below the D1 average? Really?
      I expected him to shoot close to what he shot in his previous collegiate experience. 'Expected' might be a little heavy, but that would have been where I started basing my decision. I certainly wouldn't have gone way above it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
        Yep. I would be interested to see a breakdown of his off-the-dribble and off-the-pass shooting numbers. I would guess there is a massive difference in favor of off-the-dribble.

It makes sense, the guys has spent 10 years with the ball in his hands as the primary playmaker.
        Exactly. He isn't playing to his strengths. He may never be able to. So he needs to improve.

Comment

• Time will tell... He has time...

Comment

• Compared to the hype you would say he is a bust as a sophomore. Paying his own way ...no problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsubball96 View Post
              Compared to the hype you would say he is a bust as a sophomore. Paying his own way ...no problem.
              Not at all. He is our first and best option to spell Ron and Fred. He does a good job in that role. The hope is that he can blossom to the point where there isn't a drop off. There have been games where I would have preferred him to one of the starters, but that is rare.

Developing a fit on this team at the midway point was extremely difficult. Especially when our room for error has been non-existent.

I still think HCGM is purposely not playing him to his strengths this year so that he will be more versatile when the team needs it in the future.

All and all he is far from a bust.

Comment

• Once upon a time I either heard Coach Marshall say, or imagined that he said (it's very difficult for me to seperate reality from imaginary nowadays) that they know what Conner can do when he controls the ball and the pace of the game. He said they want to develop his off ball ability or other skills. Obviously several posters have said essentially the same thing previously, but at least we have somewhat of a confirmation from Coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsubball96 View Post
                  Compared to the hype you would say he is a bust as a sophomore. Paying his own way ...no problem.
                  With apologies... I just can't let this go.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Remember the discrepancy we all perceived when Joe Ragland was a junior? He shot 31% from 3, but coach was clear Joe was a very good shooter. Then his senior year all he did was put up, by far, the most efficient season in recent(maybe ever?) Shocker history, 56.8/50.4/81.4. It's far too early to consider Conner a bust or even assume it'll never translate from what Gregg and the team sees in practice.

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post
                      I still think HCGM is purposely not playing him to his strengths this year so that he will be more versatile when the team needs it in the future.
                      Attached Files
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                        I think CF benefits from being an integral part of a team. Next year, when he will be relied on more heavily and the offense, perhaps, a little more tailored for him he should improve.

I look forward to seeing how CF, Shamet, Brown, McDuffie, and Shaq look on the floor together.
                        With some combo of Smith, Keyser, Allen, Kelly, Willis, Hamilton in the second 5 and Nurger/Taylor for insurance.

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post
                          Not sure about that, but I would say that for the most part, his strengths just aren't needed this year. He doesn't need to be the #1 option/shot creator. Next year, maybe he will, and the experience of this year of playing with Fred and Ron certainly will pay off. I predict 14 or 15 points a game from him next year, with several bust out, 20+ point efforts

Comment

• I think he is missing shots on purpose.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                              I think he is missing shots on purpose.
                              Watch out -- you're going to give credence to that point-shaving stuff someone came up with here recently. Although I suppose it could be an extremely crafty way to get the scouting attention off him so that he'll then be able to go crazy against some unsuspecting team just when it's needed most.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                                Watch out -- you're going to give credence to that point-shaving stuff someone came up with here recently.
                                I love Credence

Comment

Working...
                                X