Conner Frankamp is a Shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Blackmag View Post
    Going to be fun watching Conner spot up and Fred driving in the lane and kicking it out for a THREEEEEE
    Brought to you by Klein Construction & Flooring.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      EcoKat!
      Q.E.D.

Bahahahah!
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
        Well ... on the one hand, thank goodness Conner is not the Antishock that our ancestral coaches forewarned us of. On the other hand, if he WAS the antishock, there would be a ton of new photoshop material to choose from. So in that aspect, this is a bitter sweet victory for Kung Wu.

But any time we pick up a 4* recruit that can shoot lights out, it's a great SEASON to be a Shocker!

rah rah rah rah rah rah rah rah
        He might still be an android though

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
          He might still be an android though
          Cyborg. You're darn straight. I got my eyes on you Conner. I'm watchin' you.

Comment

• I was never one of the posters drooling over getting Frankamp to WSU, so I got labeled (by many posters here) as being anti-Frankamp. I was also labeled as not trusting Marshall. While those things were never said in those words, those were the responses to my concerns.

I welcome Frankamp to Shocker Nation and wish him nothing but the best.

I trust Marshall. I trust he explained the scholarship situation very clearly, and I trust Frankamp realizes he has the opportunity to earn one for 2015-'16. I'm going to speculate that Marshall will try to get one for him, which means one recruit is likely to get parked at Sunrise. Taylor is the logical option. This is not one of my favorite options. The Teddy Hawkins thing is pretty fresh.

If Martin Frankamp wants to be overly involved in how Marshall coaches games, I can recommend a very good oral surgeon. He may need one. I trust Marshall made that very clear. See, guys, I do trust Marshall.

If Frankamp wants to be a PG, instead of a role-playing spot-up 3-shooter (his fate at KU), taking a year to learn how to do that is the best thing he could do for himself. VanVleet was a jaw-dropping PG before he was a HS Sr. Frankamp has to learn how to do that in 1 year. That's a major challenge.

I believe Frankamp asked for an opportunity to earn a scholarship for 2015-'16 and Marshall offered him that opportunity. I also think it's an opportunity, and not a guarantee. I could be wrong on that - I hope I'm not.

If Fankamp shows me he deserves the GodFrankampGod accolades he's getting out here, I will gladly join the hype.

BTW, this board is producing more and more posters who post more often and resemble phog.net posters. Some of the arrogant attitudes and unfounded over-the-top hype is off-putting. When reading threads becomes more of a recount of a circle-jerk than a discussion of a topic, it becomes less interesting to click on and open threads. Too often all that's there is another sunshine-pumper unwilling to admit the Shox have some weak spots, and anyone questioning that stance is a traitor who obviously doesn't trust Marshall and has no business being a fan of Shocker basketball.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Obviously unrelated but does anyone know what the masculine form of diva is? Divo? Divus?
              Last edited by Play Angry; December 2, 2014, 01:49 AM.

Comment

• Per Sully Conner will be eligible to play his first game on December 12, 2015. I didn't realize fall finals ended so early now.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                  So. If hes gonna be eligible at the 2nd semester next year. Does that mean he is going to run out of eligibility after the first semester during the 17-18?
                  No. The NCAA goes by full years now and has for a long time. The 2015-16 season will be the first of the three years he's eligible to play at WSU; he just can't start it until the second semester. Assuming all goes as expected, he'll be eligible through the 2017-18 season.

Comment

• People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                      KSU fans play the "mid-major" card too much. It's the utmost sign of insecurity. Anybody remember BCSCat? There's a classic example right there in something as simple as a screen name.

Definitely ironic since their high-major athletes couldn't handle those poor little Big West mid-major athletes a week ago.
                      it's their purple security blanket.
                      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                        I was never one of the posters drooling over getting Frankamp to WSU, so I got labeled (by many posters here) as being anti-Frankamp. I was also labeled as not trusting Marshall. While those things were never said in those words, those were the responses to my concerns.

I welcome Frankamp to Shocker Nation and wish him nothing but the best.

I trust Marshall. I trust he explained the scholarship situation very clearly, and I trust Frankamp realizes he has the opportunity to earn one for 2015-'16. I'm going to speculate that Marshall will try to get one for him, which means one recruit is likely to get parked at Sunrise. Taylor is the logical option. This is not one of my favorite options. The Teddy Hawkins thing is pretty fresh.

If Martin Frankamp wants to be overly involved in how Marshall coaches games, I can recommend a very good oral surgeon. He may need one. I trust Marshall made that very clear. See, guys, I do trust Marshall.

If Frankamp wants to be a PG, instead of a role-playing spot-up 3-shooter (his fate at KU), taking a year to learn how to do that is the best thing he could do for himself. VanVleet was a jaw-dropping PG before he was a HS Sr. Frankamp has to learn how to do that in 1 year. That's a major challenge.

I believe Frankamp asked for an opportunity to earn a scholarship for 2015-'16 and Marshall offered him that opportunity. I also think it's an opportunity, and not a guarantee. I could be wrong on that - I hope I'm not.

If Fankamp shows me he deserves the GodFrankampGod accolades he's getting out here, I will gladly join the hype.

BTW, this board is producing more and more posters who post more often and resemble phog.net posters. Some of the arrogant attitudes and unfounded over-the-top hype is off-putting. When reading threads becomes more of a recount of a circle-jerk than a discussion of a topic, it becomes less interesting to click on and open threads. Too often all that's there is another sunshine-pumper unwilling to admit the Shox have some weak spots, and anyone questioning that stance is a traitor who obviously doesn't trust Marshall and has no business being a fan of Shocker basketball.
                        Taylor is currently at Hargrave and can't go to prep for another year.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

• Right, Shamet and McDuffie are the only two true high school recruits that would be eligible for Sunrise and they are the 2 highest rated.

Comment

• I have tried to stay out of the Conner banter but I will weigh in now. He is an outstanding player on the offensive end. Probably the most exciting HS player in Wichita since Ricky Ross. He can really light it up. He made a mistake by going to KU, no question. He may have struggled there due to his size and strength. The strength issue can be fixed. I think there may have been some attitude issues in HS, but I think he has really grown up and he is coming to WSU because we want him and he wants to be here. I have known his dad for over 30 years. He is competitive and intense and I see the same attributes in Conner.

He has a year or more to practice against the best guard tandem in the nation. That will only make him better. He readily admits he needs to work on the defensive side and is willing to do so and pay his way until Coach works some magic for his scholarship. I am looking to seeing him play. The Shockers will be a better team with him than without.

Welcome to Shocker Nation Conner and welcome home!

Comment

• I know this was discussed already but how long until Conner can practice with the Shox?

Comment

• My uneducated guess would be that Taylor is the most ready to contribute, and Shamet the most likely to end up at Sunrise.

Comment

Working...
                                X