American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ponyuptempo1 View Post
    Oh god, even you fools think you are getting a big 12 invite? You will fit right in.
    Even if we had Alabama Level FBS football, KU and KSU would never allow WSU in to the Big 12-2

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
      Even if we had Alabama Level FBS football, KU and KSU would never allow WSU in to the Big 12-2
      And Duke level basketball, and old WSU level baseball, and Texas volleyball, etc.
      The Assman

Comment

• Whole different ballgame. Peoria or Memphis??? Des Moines or Dallas??? Cedar Falls or Houston??? Carbondale or Orlando friggin' Florida?? Yeah...
        FINAL FOURS:
        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
        Number of Times Ranked: 157
        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
        #3 - Dec. 2017
        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
        #2 ~ March 2014
        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
          And Duke level basketball, and old WSU level baseball, and Texas volleyball, etc.
          Heck, we're lucky KU even let us have the medical and law school that we ...wait.
          Last edited by wheathead; April 6, 2017, 07:34 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by AACFan
            Congrats on getting added to the trash pile. Just don't be offended as all the good teams are trying to get out.
            Your post wreaks of redturd bitterness and jealousy.
            Hows my post? send me feedback at 1-800-f$%k-off

Comment

• Originally posted by AACFan
              Congrats on getting added to the trash pile. Just don't be offended as all the good teams are trying to get out.
              Enjoy playing Drake and Evansville!
              The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                Whole different ballgame. Peoria or Memphis??? Des Moines or Dallas??? Cedar Falls or Houston??? Carbondale or Orlando friggin' Florida?? Yeah...
                But what about Chicago?! Asking for a friend.
                The Assman

Comment

• For me Des Moines was the easiest drive. I'm going to miss being in the shockers footprint. Won't be very easy to get to a game. But will enjoy the games more. Those games bs 300 rpi teams won't be missed.

Is it Friday afternoon yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
                    For me Des Moines was the easiest drive. I'm going to miss being in the shockers footprint. Won't be very easy to get to a game. But will enjoy the games more. Those games bs 300 rpi teams won't be missed.
                    This x1000. As much as I'll love having better conference opponents, I'm going to have to significantly increase my away game budget. I could get $25 front row tickets at SIU and Evansville every year. I think Loyola was even cheaper. Basically every conference opponent was cheap with great tickets available. Chicago was the furthest I drove for a conference game this year, and it's only about a four hour drive for me.

Still worth it.

Comment

• @AACFan: Bye-Bye
                      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                        Call me crazy, but WSU can still put together a football program, and it will get easier if you are already in the AAC. In my opinion, the fact that the AAC membership may be a fluid thing may actually lend itself toward WSU pulling the trigger on it. Example: we play basketball in the AAC for a few years and it goes as well as we hope. WSU's profile continues to grow, and then somewhere along the way, UCONN makes plans to leave. AAC can either bring in a new program to replace them or WSU can have a plan in the works. You never know...

To me, it was never very likely to convince WSU to want to start an FCS program and play in the MVFC...even though that would have been at least kinda fun if it worked. But if you are in a strong FBS, but not quite P5 football conference, I see a guy like Bardo getting a lot more interested in having some real conversations with the AAC about it.
                        75 million reasons to forget about football.

On top of that, this area will not support football, it has proven that many times.

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                          Whole different ballgame. Peoria or Memphis??? Des Moines or Dallas??? Cedar Falls or Houston??? Carbondale or Orlando friggin' Florida?? Yeah...
                          Don't forget Tampa and Philly. I've always needed a reason to go to those places.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                            Don't forget Tampa and Philly. I've always needed a reason to go to those places.
                            Ain't no reason to ever go to Philly.

Comment

• Just woke up. Anyone else hear that we might join the ACC? Playing Duke every year would be nice. I think they have that good kid Grayson Allen. They did have my all time favorite players Christian Laettner and JJ the Ice Fish Reddick. Playing Duke every year would make my second favorite team Kansas finally respect us!

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post
                                On top of that, this area will not support football, it has proven that many times.
                                In fairness, a lot has changed since 1986; your 'definitive' statement is debatable, however has some merit. If/when WSU receives the $100MM football donation, it could happen. In 1986, I would have bet everything I had that football wouldn't be successful in Manhattan, Kansas. That area of the state would never support football and had proved it over and over again. Bardo isn't stupid; nothing would surprise me with him at the helm. I might know more than you think or I could be talking out my a$$. I'll let you decide. Unless you're a part of the 'inner circle'? I'm guessing you're only speculating...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X