American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    Some interesting things in this column by Bob Lutz.

Interesting point about Linwood Sexton coming in with the Valley and going out with the Valley. May not be anyone who saw more Wichita State/Missouri Valley contest than Linwood Sexton.

Donor's, boosters and general Shocker fans showed little interest in bringing back football. Lutz quoted ADDB as saying "It's pretty obvious that now, at least, there is not much support for football".

Men's basketball is the engine that drives Wichita State and neither Boatright or Bardo lost sight of that fact.

ADDB expects more conference shifting in the future but doesn't seem too worried about it. He seems to have confidence that the AAC will be able to deal effectively with this as it comes.
    🤙🤙🤙
    SHOCKERS & AWE

"Go Ahead, Try To Jinx Us" ~ The Monsters Of The Midwest

"Wichita State fans bring the noise to another level. The roar
    gets into your skull, giving you a mild case of vertigo."

Comment

• HCGM is way too smart and sly to not have a handful of new players coming to WSU. Who is at Sunrise prepping to be a Shocker?
      SHOCKERS & AWE

Comment

• Originally posted by ShanShock View Post
        HCGM is way too smart and sly to not have a handful of new players coming to WSU. Who is at Sunrise prepping to be a Shocker?
        Unless Sunrise has some bad-ass bigs, I bet Marshall is already on a first-name basis with every decent JuCo Fr big in the nation - and has probably taken their coach to dinner for a sit-down chat.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
          Unless Sunrise has some bad-ass bigs, I bet Marshall is already on a first-name basis with every decent JuCo Fr big in the nation - and has probably taken their coach to dinner for a sit-down chat.
          No doubt ~ turn on that Marshall charm. It is obvious that many parents of past and current players like the "family feeling" that Marshall presents to them.
          Last edited by ShanShock; April 15, 2017, 06:55 PM.
          SHOCKERS & AWE

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
            I just thought of something. For the players that make All-Conference in our new league, will they be called All-AAC or All-American. Because... the latter could get very confusing.
            It looks like The American Conference refers to it as just "All-Conference" when using the term in their article here: http://theamerican.org/news/2017/3/6/MBB_0306175110.aspx
            I'd assume that when someone says it aloud it would be something along the lines of "He earned All-American-Conference honors" or "She was voted All-Conference in The American".

Comment

• How to stay connected, all American, all the time

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Purdue Baseball @PurdueBaseball

Beautiful warm spring day in Terre Haute. #Purdue BP underway at Bob Warn Field, where Wichita St. logo already gone from RF wall. 6pm start
                lol

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                  How to stay connected, all American, all the time

http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...145425954.html
                  Can we get a separate sticky or link to this information.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                    Can we get a separate sticky or link to this information.
                    Yes, please.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                      lol
                      That didn't take long
                      "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Gotta make room for more advertising. They need the money.

Comment

• Gah is it November yet?

Thunder blew another lead and will certainly not make it past the first round of the playoffs. I'm not super interested in baseball (don't even get many Royals games down here), and that's basically it for sports. I'm ready to get this season under the American Athletic conference started!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
                            Gah is it November yet?

Thunder blew another lead and will certainly not make it past the first round of the playoffs. I'm not super interested in baseball (don't even get many Royals games down here), and that's basically it for sports. I'm ready to get this season under the American Athletic conference started!
                            203 more LONG days...

Comment

• Another random thought for the off-season: "how Big will the American 'Big A' logo be in the free throw lane at CKA? How's it gonna look? Will it say "American" or just the logo?"

"Rhode Island is neither a road nor an island, discuss"

Comment

• Originally posted by wheathead View Post
                                Another random thought for the off-season: "how Big will the American 'Big A' logo be in the free throw lane at CKA? How's it gonna look? Will it say "American" or just the logo?"

"Rhode Island is neither a road nor an island, discuss"
                                I think the American logo is located outside of the lane, at least from what I remember.

Comment

Working...
                                X