American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Uncle Mike View Post
    NO commie ball should ever be played at wsu. Nobody wants to watch a bunch of girly men running around kicking a ball and crying if they get bumped. How about a real sport like wrestling. Would love to see some boys out there in some tight singlets taking each other down

-Uncle Mike
    I thought you were attending a baseball game involving your great-nephew?
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
      Soccer please not soccer. That's gotta be the most boring sport ever invented.

How about adding beach volleyball. I hear our brothers at Missouri State are adding it.
      Yes because Track and Golf are so exciting... to each their own.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        Just curious. What year was that study conducted?
        '12 or '13

Comment

NO commie ball should ever be played at wsu. Nobody wants to watch a bunch of girly men running around kicking a ball and crying if they get bumped. How about a real sport like wrestling. Would love to see some boys out there in some tight singlets taking each other down

-Uncle Mike
          Right nothing more manly than man on man action ... get your face in there deep

Comment

• Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
            To address Title IX issues, Wichita State most likely would have to add multiple women's sports. The quickest road to gender equality would be adding rowing, which has an average roster size of 66.5, according to the study.WSU would have to add women's swimming, soccer, lacross, ice hockey, gymnastics, equestrian, hockey, and water polo just to make up the difference. All sports that would lose money. And that's just the beginning. I'm not even going to get into the crippling finances of football...
            According to this article adding women's rowing would address most Title IX issues:"To address Title IX issues, Wichita State most likely would have to add multiple women's sports. The quickest road to gender equality would be adding rowing, which has an average roster size of 66.5, according to the study."http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/heres-how-difficult-and-costly-it-is-to-start-a-fbs-college-football-program/I'm on the fence about adding football and could only support it in the long shot that WSU was able to get adequate funding from source(s) so that other athletic programs especially men's basketball are not put in jeopardy.
            Last edited by Shocker-maniac; April 6, 2017, 08:42 PM.
            ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Gonna be a long night!
              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                9.9 + 14 is 23.9 scholarships. Okay, so I rounded up, My bad. Divide those 23.9 scholarships up any way you like. It is still adds up to 23.9 scholarships if your sport is fully funded and if you aren't fully funding your sport then you aren't doing it right IMHO.
                Sorry, I misunderstood and thought you were saying that a men's and women's team would EACH take up 24 scholarships. Don't know why I read it that way. You didn't need correcting and knew that it is 24 (or 23.9) scholarships COMBINED.

The impact of adding soccer seems minimal compared to football, especially, or some other sports. Creighton offers just 89.6 total athletic scholarships (26th lowest in D-I) and yet has no problem fully funding soccer and providing top notch soccer coaching and facilities. It's somewhat of a niche sport but the niche is big enough to attract a lot of support from the local soccer community. And I agree that if you aren't fully a funding a sport, then why add it in the first place?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                  I thought you were attending a baseball game involving your great-nephew?
                  I did attend the game and after watching I'm convinced that Butler needs to recruit more Mulvane guys, even recruit Andale kids even though I hate those bastards. Hard-working, corn fed, hail balin, baseball boys like the good old days when I used to attend more shocker baseball with Coach Stephenson at the height of baseball when they were winning games per season and what we currently have. Get you some good strong country boys with good haircuts and well be ok.

-Uncle Mike

Comment

I did attend the game and after watching I'm convinced that Butler needs to recruit more Mulvane guys, even recruit Andale kids even though I hate those bastards. Hard-working, corn fed, hail balin, baseball boys like the good old days when I used to attend more shocker baseball with Coach Stephenson at the height of baseball when they were winning games per season and what we currently have. Get you some good strong country boys with good haircuts and well be ok.

-Uncle Mike
                    We prefer good strong country boys with bad haircuts like Ron Baker. Sorry.

Comment

-Uncle Mike
                      Do you remember those old Superstar Competitions that aired on ABC I think. I remember they did a more local version of that back when the Wichita Wings were going strong and they had several of those indoor soccrer guys in the competition. I kind of thought like you. These guys are going to get their asses handed to them. Just the opposite was true. The Soccer guys did the ass kicking and I don't think it was particularly close. IIRC Andy Champan pretty much ran away with the competition.

I can just picture in my mind where Kim Roentved's right foot might end up if you made that statement to his face. That I would pay to see.

Comment

• You kind of creep me out Uncle Mike. But maybe that's the point.
                        Professional gas passer.

Comment

• Originally posted by blackandgold View Post
                          You kind of creep me out Uncle Mike. But maybe that's the point.
                          I think it is. He is either Dofo's uncle or he is just having some fun on the old interweb. Is Mulvane on the dry side of the turnpike?

Comment

-Uncle Mike
                            "Corn fed", eh?

Comment

• Is it Friday yet?????

Comment

• Everytime Uncle Mike post, I get images from the movie "Deliverance" in my head.
                                Professional gas passer.

Comment

Working...
                                X