American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mini-shock View Post
    This is what I met by an UN-obvious benefit. From a numbers standpoint it is a great improvement. To your other statement, I think I may riding a high of our programs recent success, but I don't see Memphis or Houston as threats. After taking a peek at these schools schedules and records, UCONN and Temple have proven they can get a few wins over top 25-50 programs in Non-con. Maybe they can beat us. But I have a hard time judging just these teams non-con as proof they can beat WSU. My question would be, how do you think WSU would fair in the ACC or Big 12? I think they'd be .500 in both.
    Go check out my post last night about coaches. I'll take Gregg over any of them, but there aren't many on that list that you can flippantly say that Gregg would undoubtedly dominate. Tubby Smith and Kevin Ollie have won national titles. Kelvin Sampson has gone to a Final Four. Even Mike Dunleavy at Tulane has coached in the NBA. This will be a grind, but the Play Angry Boys will be battled-tested for March.
    78-65

Comment

• Okay... side note:

How much does anybody wanna bet there is an announcement we join the AAC on April 1st and all hell breaks loose and nobody knows who to believe and violence ensues. It's gonna be like The Purge out there.

The first person to April Fools me about this might get found in an alley somewhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
        Which is good. I hear they have bigger guns that Tekele Cotton.
        Hmmm .. I wouldn't be so sure ..

Comment

This move to the AAC is an interesting one. I am excited about changing into something new. I think it will help ease our fans sense of 'disrespect'. With that being said, what teams are going to beat us in the AAC? UC and SMU. IN the MVC it was ISU and UNI. Just in terms of marquee matchups, the # of teams stays the same. The obvious benefit will come in RPI and SOS, but that won't be as easily enjoyed throughout the conference itself. We joined the AAC for one thing - at large bids. I am excited to play UC and SMU at least as a new face. Looking at the AAC, I think we get second or tie for 1rst in our first season their.
          Hey now, we are trying to get off on the right foot. Please don't compare UC with ISU or UNI again.

;)

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatnation View Post
            Hey now, we are trying to get off on the right foot. Please don't compare UC with ISU or UNI again.

;)
            I'm not even sure he's one of ours.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
              I like this guy. He's like @King Rollo:'s evil twin.
              The guy from the AAC school said he had never been to Kansas. So I thought of the wizard of oz movie and the yellow brick road. Dark Lord is just being rude! I am excited about the AAC news as any Shocker fan! Give it a break!
              SHOCKERS & AWE

"Go Ahead, Try To Jinx Us" ~ The Monsters Of The Midwest

"Wichita State fans bring the noise to another level. The roar
              gets into your skull, giving you a mild case of vertigo."

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                Go check out my post last night about coaches. I'll take Gregg over any of them, but there aren't many on that list that you can flippantly say that Gregg would undoubtedly dominate. Tubby Smith and Kevin Ollie have won national titles. Kelvin Sampson has gone to a Final Four. Even Mike Dunleavy at Tulane has coached in the NBA. This will be a grind, but the Play Angry Boys will be battled-tested for March.
                give gregg marshall a little time to feel out a conference.. and.. well.. you know the rest.

aac lurkers here should know that gregg marshall has a well documented scouts eye for talent. that's for starters. anyway, the shockers are going to make it a heavyweight fight, no matter what or where. if the shockers have an off night (like they did vs kentucky), it will still be a heavyweight brawl.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShanShock View Post
                  The guy from the AAC school said he had never been to Kansas. So I thought of the wizard of oz movie and the yellow brick road. Dark Lord is just being rude! I am excited about the AAC news as any Shocker fan! Give it a break!
                  If you're this easily offended you're probably not going to like it around here too much.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                    If you're this easily offended you're probably not going to like it around here too much.
                    I highly disagree! I'm a girl and Wichita native.

Go Shockers!!!
                    SHOCKERS & AWE

"Go Ahead, Try To Jinx Us" ~ The Monsters Of The Midwest

"Wichita State fans bring the noise to another level. The roar
                    gets into your skull, giving you a mild case of vertigo."

Comment

• Paul's latest blurb.

Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• I think a lot of folks made an assumption that I thought WSU would 'dominate' or 'go undefeated' which isn't true. WSU can bei n the top 3 of the ACC and have 4-6 losses from within league play. One poster had said if WSU went Top 3 in the AAC they would be better than .500 in P5 conference. Maybe that's true. I'd rather be called incorrect than a troll. If I could refine my statement about the AAC it would be that I think we can be Top 3, the teams are great but not ones that we can't beat with consistency. WSU is going to succeed in the AAC.

To the UC fan who didn't like the comparison to UNI or ISU. I am sorry bud. UNI recent success and failures are similar to Cincinnati's.

Comment

This move to the AAC is an interesting one. I am excited about changing into something new. I think it will help ease our fans sense of 'disrespect'. With that being said, what teams are going to beat us in the AAC? UC and SMU. IN the MVC it was ISU and UNI. Just in terms of marquee matchups, the # of teams stays the same. The obvious benefit will come in RPI and SOS, but that won't be as easily enjoyed throughout the conference itself. We joined the AAC for one thing - at large bids. I am excited to play UC and SMU at least as a new face. Looking at the AAC, I think we get second or tie for 1rst in our first season their.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

To the UC fan who didn't like the comparison to UNI or ISU. I am sorry bud. UNI recent success and failures are similar to Cincinnati's.
                            Oh lord...

Comment

I think a lot of folks made an assumption that I thought WSU would 'dominate' or 'go undefeated' which isn't true. WSU can bei n the top 3 of the ACC and have 4-6 losses from within league play. One poster had said if WSU went Top 3 in the AAC they would be better than .500 in P5 conference. Maybe that's true. I'd rather be called incorrect than a troll. If I could refine my statement about the AAC it would be that I think we can be Top 3, the teams are great but not ones that we can't beat with consistency. WSU is going to succeed in the AAC.

Do not compare UNI with Cincy...Just dont

Put down the shovel
                              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Uhhhhhh

Comment

Working...
                                X