American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
    Start getting that change out from under the cushions, gonna need more money.
    I'd gladly pay more for games against better schools. Easy way to raise a little more coin.
    The Assman

Comment

• Just got my SASO renewal letter. Better go see if we're going to AAC rates.
      Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Paul is jamming articles through like he knows something is coming fast :)

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          And what are the chance the Valley would dump any teams.
          Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
          Is there even precedent for that? I don't think there is. I mean there's been splits (BE - AAC), and strong programs coming together in new ventures to leave their weak sisters behind in the old conferences, but I'd be curious if a conference has ever kicked out the coat-tail draggers and weaklings.
          I've never heard of schools being ejected from a conference. We would have to take the strongest programs and form a new conference.
          Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• You can't kick a team out from a conference. You can, however, start a new conference with a similar name and get schools together that you want. Kind of like what the Big East did.

Saw some people tweeting at Paul saying they weren't sure about joining the AAC.

"In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
              You can't kick a team out from a conference. You can, however, start a new conference with a similar name and get schools together that you want. Kind of like what the Big East did.

Saw some people tweeting at Paul saying they weren't sure about joining the AAC.
              CAVErs

Comment

• The total planning and execution for Operation-Overlord Planning (D-Day) for the Allied invasion of Normandy started in June 1943 and took only one year from start to finish. And this was without computers.

I was going to insert "Surely" as the first word of my comment, but for obvious reasons, settled on "Certainly, this humongous task of switching conferences could be accomplished in far less time, once a decision is made."

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                  Paul is jamming articles through like he knows something is coming fast :)
                  Paul is a intelligent man. He knows what Shocker fans want. This is the stuff that sells papers and generates clicks online.
                  Professional gas passer.

Comment

• @WheatShock: @Kel Varnsen: Temple was kicked out of the Big East for football in 2004 for being too bad

Comment

• Originally posted by anonemuss View Post
                      @WheatShock @Kel Varnsen Temple was kicked out of the Big East for football in 2004 for being too bad
                      Wow, did some research and you're right. Did not know that.
                      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by anonemuss View Post
                        @WheatShock: @Kel Varnsen: Temple was kicked out of the Big East for football in 2004 for being too bad
                        You see, Taggert!! It can be done!!
                        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                          You can't kick a team out from a conference. You can, however, start a new conference with a similar name and get schools together that you want. Kind of like what the Big East did.

We could join the West Texas Penal League for all i care still better rhan staying in MVC.

Comment

• We've gone almost a full day without a post here.

It's quiet... TOO quiet.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
                              We've gone almost a full day without a post here.

It's quiet... TOO quiet.
                              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• I'm hoping this week will be the week. WSU can put out a release tomorrow promising a "historic announcement" and then drop the bomb on Wednesday to get a few full days of press leading into the Final Four.

Comment

Working...
                                X