No announcement yet.

Any news on Orukpe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My hope is for Fab Melo level production i.e. 8 points, 6 rebounds, and 2-3 blocks per game.
    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• I've noticed a trend over the years that between March and June almost every player gets 33% better. But between August and November, most of them regress 20+%.
      Clever and accurate.

"Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• I know EO will improve a little and I have no doubt he will be a regular contributor. I can't wait to see him in situations that will feature his strengths, but those that think he will play 20 minutes and average 12 & 12 will be sorely disappointed. The personnel makeup of this team just isn't conducive to him performing to that degree. Let's enjoy the time we have with him and no doubt he will give us some ooo's & aaah's, but don't expect more than he is capable of.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
          When he is on the block, he still has to catch the ball and make it. If not, he just clogs up the lane. Watch some games from last year to remind you about his lack of offense. I think that he has some ability, because Marshall has said that he's done it in practice. I hope that he can do that hook on a regular basis in a game but I will wait.
          This is the problem. You can't shoot without the ball in your hands. I have seen several drills this year and a good portion of EO's time on the court is spent catching various types of short crisp passes, turning, and dunking the ball. Both times I was there, he only caught about 50%. THAT IS MAJOR PROBLEM FOR A SENIOR.

Comment

• How many passes did GS fumble his Junior year? How about Miller? I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'.... Here's hoping!

Comment

• He'll be fine ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxtop View Post
                How many passes did GS fumble his Junior year? How about Miller? I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'.... Here's hoping!
                Stutz and Miller had their weaknesses during their Jr. year but bad hands weren't one of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                  Stutz and Miller had their weaknesses during their Jr. year but bad hands weren't one of them.
                  They still didn't handle every pass well. Ehimen has definitely gotten better. I think too many are going to let what he was like when he first got here cloud what actually happens this year. Happens all the time
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Stutz handled the ball well, but he had some probs catching the ball.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                      Stutz handled the ball well, but he had some probs catching the ball.
                      I disagree with this, catching and hands have never been a problem for Stutz. Sure he improved on that but it wasn't a problem. Strength, speed, confidence, keeping it high, exploding off the floor, and playing time (result of foul trouble and Durley playing ahead of him). Those seemed to be the problems I can recall for Stutz initially. Also players really sort of ignored him on the post his first 3 years.

It is really too bad he couldn't have redshirted that first year.

Comment

• Plenty of people gave Stutz crap his first year or two for his hands.

I feel bad for Ehimen because if he misses one pass, there are some on this board who will go nuts and mention how he isn't reliable and ignore the other 10 or so passes he'll catch with no problem. I really don't think his hands are going to be a big issue this year.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• If I were the coach, I would be spending a LOT of time working on the Shaq lob. That's where guys would drive to the basket, and if help came from the weak side, typically from a post defender, they would just lob the ball up anywhere near the basket......HIGH. Shaq would just be big and redirect the ball through the hoop. It's insanely effective, when you have a far superior and enormous athlete at center.

Don't get me wrong...there is no comparison between EO and Shaq. But this is one easy skill that uses the athleticism first, and requires EO to handle the ball as little as possible.

Like I said.....if I were coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                            Plenty of people gave Stutz crap his first year or two for his hands.
                            Some still do....The guy is going to make a small fortune playing basketball somewhere, there is little doubt about it, yet still expectations seemingly haven't been met.

Not me, to be clear....just some (crazy) people.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              Some still do....The guy is going to make a small fortune playing basketball somewhere, there is little doubt about it, yet still expectations seemingly haven't been met.

Not me, to be clear....just some (crazy) people.
                              Yep...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                                I think too many are going to let what he was like when he first got here cloud what actually happens this year. Happens all the time
                                I think many are letting what they think EO should be or what the hype has built him to be cloud what he really is. He's a good defender and shot blocker with height who can give 15-20 minutes per game. I don't believe he will be anything more than this.
                                "I discovered surfing, which I absolutely fell in love with. That feels good and kind of keeps your body aligned, so does the salt water." - Anthony Kiedis

"I'm not worried. Are you worried? You shouldn't be. Sleep well tonight. "

Comment

Working...
                                X