No announcement yet.

Any news on Orukpe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The zone was fairly efficient against Gonzaga though. I think its hard to tell. Obviously we will open up with m2m and I think we can do that with confidence. Our matchips with them are pretty even (size wise in the backcourt) minus the 4th guard.

Comment

• It's the 4th guard part that I'm not sure how we deal with defensively. Offensively we should be able to abuse them in the half court.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Even if it to just win the opening tip EO will be a positive. How many times has EO not controlled the opening tip this year? I like a zone with EO in the middle for teams that dribble drive a lot. I do not like a zone if it means we are going to leave shooters open on the perimeter too much. Most likely it will be primarily man-to-man with some zone thrown in as that is what HCGM prefers and they have a lot of long range shooters (hopefully not makers this game).

Comment

• I do like the zone angle to get the optimum efficiency out of EO. There is no doubt he could be effective in that role. Without a specific man to guard he can see what's in front of him and react. His value as a man defender is average at best. A couple of times the player he was guarding vs. Pitt got around him pretty easily. And since his value on the offensive end is so small, the chance of him seeing more than 12-15 minutes are slim, unless Early or Hall get in foul trouble.

There, as his top constructive critic (I love him like every other Shocker), I have advanced his record thread post count forward towards 4,000, which is ridiculous on many levels. I wish him the best of luck after graduation. He will make all of us proud as he utilizes his degree to accomplish great worldly ventures.

Comment

• I really hope it is like the first SIU game. That was as impressive performance as I have ever seen by a big guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by rrshock View Post
              I really hope it is like the first SIU game. That was as impressive performance as I have ever seen by a big guy.
              And Cle STILL stole his show in that game. EO owes Cle one for that.

Since Cle should dominate in a game like this one, EO has his chance to steal the show in a big game by Cle.

Comment

• if he wants to earn a good paycheck in the near future, then he better put on a show...lots of players have started a career with good games in the NCAA tourny, and he still has a game to show what he can do when he puts it all together. GOSHOX

Comment

• I think if this thread gets to 4000 by game time, we win. Otherwise, it's a toss up.

Comment

• Bump! Just doing my part. :)
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• 4k by game time is not an issue. I'm still curious as to what kind of game Ehimen is going to have with this team. It could go to either extreme.
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Couldnt think of anywhere else to put this

Comment

• You can make a Gina Carano post anywhere you damn well please!
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                            I think if this thread gets to 4000 by game time, we win. Otherwise, it's a toss up.
                            Well if it's that easy, count me in!!
                            "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Do it for EO!
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• The big fella needs to shine big in this one. Wichita has the keeper of the plains. WSU has the keeper of the lane. Now he just needs to protect it with everything he has.

Comment

Working...
                                X