No announcement yet.

Any news on Orukpe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He will have a 20-rebound game this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spaulding View Post
      I think many are letting what they think EO should be or what the hype has built him to be cloud what he really is. He's a good defender and shot blocker with height who can give 15-20 minutes per game. I don't believe he will be anything more than this.
      Who has said more than that? I've said repeatedly that I think he'll play around 20 minutes and be a defensive presence and hit the glass. As have others. So I'm not really tracking along with what your comment is about. Who has said he would be more than that?

I think someone said they could see him going for 12 and 12 in a game. That's not that hard to believe. He's bound to score in double figures from time to time simply on put backs. Nobody, as far as I can remember, has said he'd average that.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• I have a different prediction. I predict the Ehimen will facilitate the development of Henry Uwadiae. They will have a comfort level working together that might not have otherwise been there, and regardless of how great Ehimen turns out, he will have helped our future with Henry. Even if Ehimen doesn't do better than just an average MVC big man this year, our coach is going to be able to find a starting center in someone, whether it be Hall or one of the new guys. I think Ehimen will still be alright as a defensive backup center if he isn't ready to go like we hope, and he will still be a piece of the puzzle regarding Uwadiae's future. From what I understand, Uwadiae is similar but a little less raw offensively.

Comment

• Henry ain't here.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
            Henry ain't here.
            ...yet....I hope.
            Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Spaulding View Post
              I think many are letting what they think EO should be or what the hype has built him to be cloud what he really is. He's a good defender and shot blocker with height who can give 15-20 minutes per game. I don't believe he will be anything more than this.
              This is exactly what I see. With 20 mpg I see him being good defensively and averaging 4, 5, & 1 or so. Not all MVC or anything, but a productive and important part of this team. He will collect at least one double-double.
              Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                He will have a 20-rebound game this season.
                Now that's bold -- I'd be surprised in anybody from any team gets 20 boards in a Shocker game this season. Orukpe will have his moments, though, and I also expect some big nights from him.

Comment

• I boldly go where no man has gone before.

Comment

• OK, I'll be bold. I think Orukpe can get 20 minutes.

Give him 20 minutes and I think he can get 12 points. 4 of 8 from the line leaves 8 points from the field. I think he can get 2 dunks. That hook shot has been hitting net this summer. If he can do that in games, 2 of those in 20 minutes is another 4 points. That's 12.

I'm not going to be disappointed if he doesn't get 12, but I think it's something that could happen. Especially as a summertime prediction when all the players are all-MVC first-teamers.

While most are predicting "passable" numbers (pun not intended), I'm the guy who said EO could go for 12 and 12 and I'm sticking to it. In my best Pawn Stars persona, I'd take 8 and 10 and be happy I got that much. I'm really hoping I don't have to take less than that.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Whoooooooow to you Nellies out there. Please remember EO played 5 & 7 minutes his So/Jr seasons. I seem to remember SNers saying how much he improved last summer. He improved so much that he didn't get more than 6 minutes (1 exception) in any of the last 10 games of the regular season in several blowouts.

20 minutes is a pipe dream. 12/12 is rediculous thinking. 20 rebounds? Wow! Who knows, maybe Wiggins will play 42 minutes a game & average a triple/double.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                        Whoooooooow to you Nellies out there. Please remember EO played 5 & 7 minutes his So/Jr seasons. I seem to remember SNers saying how much he improved last summer. He improved so much that he didn't get more than 6 minutes (1 exception) in any of the last 10 games of the regular season in several blowouts.

20 minutes is a pipe dream. 12/12 is rediculous thinking. 20 rebounds? Wow! Who knows, maybe Wiggins will play 42 minutes a game & average a triple/double.
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                          Whoooooooow to you Nellies out there. Please remember EO played 5 & 7 minutes his So/Jr seasons. I seem to remember SNers saying how much he improved last summer. He improved so much that he didn't get more than 6 minutes (1 exception) in any of the last 10 games of the regular season in several blowouts.

True, but he was also playing behind much more experienced players. And I'd say in the minutes he did put in, he was much more productive, as shown by a few situations where he had to play due to foul trouble and certainly held his own (aka Tulsa game)

Comment

• Didn't he play behind a first team MVC who came in 2nd in the MVP voting? When he did play he looked pretty good to me on some occasions and a better defensive player and rebounder than Stutz. His jump hook has come a long ways since then. My only concern is how he will do at the line.

Cle Early says he hates trying to guard him. So will all his defenders this coming year.
                            Last edited by tropicalshox; June 20, 2012, 11:42 AM.
                            In the fast lane

Comment

• Agreed!

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                              I boldly go where no man has gone before.
                              I can verify this as fact. I was in the audience and witnessed the actual event.
                              Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerEngr View Post
                                True, but he was also playing behind much more experienced players. And I'd say in the minutes he did put in, he was much more productive, as shown by a few situations where he had to play due to foul trouble and certainly held his own (aka Tulsa game)
                                I so much want EO to kick azz and take names this year. He is one of the most superior cut, athletic basketball players ever to don a jersey at WSU. But being "cut" and athletic doesn't make you a "basketball Player." Many of our fans are so fixated on the physical gifts EO has...BUT...it doesn't always equate to performance. We can wish all we want, but I just don't think it is going to happen with him unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
                                X