No announcement yet.

Any news on Orukpe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Three Rivers' win, EO went 2/2 FG, 0/2 FT, 4 pts, 6 Rbs, 2 Fouls, 1 assist, 2 TOs and 2 BS in 19 minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by marcus aurelius
      I'm so relieved..... They were probably +20 while I didn't watch and - 12 when I did. I quit watching the last minute to assure the win. :yes:

I really think I'm bad luck to them this season. The only regular season games I watched this year were awful road losses at State
      Fair and Moberly. I also agonizingly watched them stink up the joint in the pre-season scrimmages in Springfield, MO.

I'll be working tomorrow night with no access to the game, so I won't be able to impede them. I think Howard or E Utah will be enough trouble as it is.....

Niemczyk's injury looks really bad, so they'll have to do it without their only outside threat....
      I think the same things sometimes...when im not looking we do good so ill turn it off and then glance back in 20 minutes and its scary when that works...

sorry to hear about Niems.....hes a hell of a shooter that will make things difficult
      1/16/2010 on the "Screw at the Q" HCGM... " Ive never seen a foul parade like that...If you would of let me know it was going to be a foul parade I would of brought a different team" .... "dont talk to me about fouls....Ive got to go back and look at some tape... I have some thoughts but I need to look at the tape and then I will have something very strong to say"

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk
        In Three Rivers' win, EO went 2/2 FG, 0/2 FT, 4 pts, 6 Rbs, 2 Fouls, 1 assist, 2 TOs and 2 BS in 19 minutes.
        From what I saw, Navarro was jacking up a lot of threes, so EO wasn't as big a factor as in some games because the opponent wasn't going inside as much. When they did go inside, though, he altered a number of shots in addition to the couple that he blocked.
        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
          Originally posted by ShockTalk
          In Three Rivers' win, EO went 2/2 FG, 0/2 FT, 4 pts, 6 Rbs, 2 Fouls, 1 assist, 2 TOs and 2 BS in 19 minutes.
          From what I saw, Navarro was jacking up a lot of threes, so EO wasn't as big a factor as in some games because the opponent wasn't going inside as much. When they did go inside, though, he altered a number of shots in addition to the couple that he blocked.
          Hey, I was happy for the 2/2 FG and 6 Rbs.

Comment

• Maybe I'm missing the joke here. Over 122 pages and over 155,000 views, and this guy is getting 4 points and 6 rebounds in Juco ball?
            Perry Ellis would do a better job right now and he's a high school soph.

What's the excitement all about? Is this guy really going to be abe to contribute to the point where he is an impact player.

Sorry to be so obtuse here, and I'm not the best judge of talent, but this seems like major hype. Can someone give an objective overview of this guy's talent and what we can really expect once he suits up as a Shocker?
            Stutz is going to eat his lunch!

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas
              Maybe I'm missing the joke here. Over 122 pages and over 155,000 views, and this guy is getting 4 points and 6 rebounds in Juco ball?

What's the excitement all about? Is this guy really going to be abe to contribute to the point where he is an impact player.

Sorry to be so obtuse here, and I'm not the best judge of talent, but this seems like major hype. Can someone give an objective overview of this guy's talent and what we can really expect once he suits up as a Shocker?
              Read page 120 and on. You'll get some objective scouting reports. But the short answer is yes. He should be an impact player as a senior, but probably not before then.

And I'm trying to talk the wife into going to the championship game Sat. night.

Comment

• Please refer to what I posted on December 6th, 2007 on page 4 of this thread.

Comment

• Nobody cares.

Ehimen will be a presence on defense and we'll wait for his offense to develop.

I'm not worried.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• I know no one on this board appreciates good defense, but that is where he will make an impact. Sure everyone wants to see him score 20pts and get 15 rebs every night. Defense is a thankless job, but it will be very valuable. Even if he only comes in for 10 mins a game next year, that will be 10 mins that the other team will have a very hard time scoring down low. That's pretty damn valuable and I wish we would have had that this year.

Heck, many times guards would attempt to drive, see Stutz standing there and immediately turn around and take it back out. With EO they will attempt to drive, see Ehimen standing there and out of fear of their own lives they will turn around and run through the tunnel and get on their bus. :D
                    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• As to whether he will be an impact player, from what I have observed in the games that he has played, he definitely changes the style of play of the other team when he is in there. Therefore, he already has an impact on the game. How soon that same influence will carry over to D1 ball? We do not know. Can he do better? Absolutely.

Granted, his offensive stats leave a lot to be desired. It is the athletic talent that is so intriguing. You can get glimpses of it, which is exciting, at times.

However, it is his first year of "American-style basketball." When he gets more repetitions with Garrett Stutz and the rest of the team, during summer scrimmages, we would hope that his level of play will be enhanced.

From what I have read, he is a very coachable player, willing to put in the hard work to improve and get better.

Let's just say that I would much rather have him with us than against us!

Comment

• Originally posted by Txlen
                        As to whether he will be an impact player, from what I have observed in the games that he has played, he definitely changes the style of play of the other team when he is in there. Therefore, he already has an impact on the game. How soon that same influence will carry over to D1 ball? We do not know. Can he do better? Absolutely.

Granted, his offensive stats leave a lot to be desired. It is the athletic talent that is so intriguing. You can get glimpses of it, which is exciting, at times.

However, it is his first year of "American-style basketball." When he gets more repetitions with Garrett Stutz and the rest of the team, during summer scrimmages, we would hope that his level of play will be enhanced.

From what I have read, he is a very coachable player, willing to put in the hard work to improve and get better.

Let's just say that I would much rather have him with us than against us!
                        Agreed. And I forgot to mention that it appears to me he is already improving. He used to not be able to go 20 mins without fouling out. Now he can go 20 mins with only 2 fouls! I like that the most at this point!
                        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• I would rather just go after guys who score 40-50 points a night. That way, once we got 5 of them in the lineup, we could average 200+ as a team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas
                            Maybe I'm missing the joke here. Over 122 pages and over 155,000 views, and this guy is getting 4 points and 6 rebounds in Juco ball?

I'm not actually joking, just happy for any positive steps. After watching some games on the web, I discribed EO as having the basketball skills of a Nigerian soccer player in a basketball body. There is good , and bad, in that statement. He's very athletic with good speed -- that cannot be taught. His basketball skills, while improving, will need a lot of "Dinma Odiakosa" magic on the offensive end of the court. Fortunately, he's coming along well, for a freshman, on the defensive end. That will be most important when it comes to giving someone like Stutz a breather or chew up some time due to foul trouble. A well balance scoring team can give up one offensive weapon as long as it doesn't have to give up anything on defense. That's also why I feel good about KJ as I think he can be an outside, lock-down type of defender. I just hope we don't have to play both EO and KJ at the same time next year. :D

Comment

• Do the Shox have any "tall" coaches?

:)
                              For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
                              - said no one ever...

Comment

• Red Auerbach drew the design of the Celtics defense.

The ball is to stay inside the cone -- the guards overplayed to the sideline forcing the ball into the middle. Bill Russell was waiting.

In WSU's case, EO or GS will be waiting.

"I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                                ---------------------------------------
                                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Working...
                                X