Any news on Orukpe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
    I can verify this as fact. I was in the audience and witnessed the actual event.
    This thread has taken a very unexpected homosexual direction?
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Ehimen Orukpe is going to average 3,000 points a game and finish his career with 100 billion blocks and be all galactic universe

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
        I so much want EO to kick azz and take names this year. He is one of the most superior cut, athletic basketball players ever to don a jersey at WSU. But being "cut" and athletic doesn't make you a "basketball Player." Many of our fans are so fixated on the physical gifts EO has...BUT...it doesn't always equate to performance. We can wish all we want, but I just don't think it is going to happen with him unfortunately.
        James Bunch.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          James Bunch.
          James Bunch! I have not heard that name in quite awhile.

You are a funny man, Doctor Wu.
          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
            This thread has taken a very unexpected homosexual direction?
            From Google:
            The music of American composer James Bunch is infused with a rich palette of colors and gestures that are at the same time physical and introspective. His works often explore the space between genres, ideologies, and artistic geographies – not by a stripping down of essential differences – but by placing in relief the paradoxical social, spiritual, and aesthetic commitments that shape our impressions of the world. Refusing a polemics of style, his music presents a place for the listener to construct meanings for themselves, extending the field of artistic creation through the performers into the audience members (violating as it were, even if only metaphorically, the fourth wall).
            I've never heard of James Bunch before reading this thread, but I think Orukpe will have a good year.

With the direction this thread inadvertently took, and some of the pics and vid's Cold has posted, I shall now take the advice of John Cleese: "Say no more".
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

James Bunch.
              Maybe I am wrong, but I think you mean his brother Brady.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• nm

Comment

• James it is...

James Bunch was a 6'9" center from Minnesota and was a well put together specimen.

However, just looking like a basketball player and being one can be two different things.

That description fit James to a 'T'.

Despite many hours spent of coaches teaching him the game and how to play it, James never really did much of anything - even after 4 years on the roster.

He was one guy you almost had to recruit and take a chance hoping he worked out.

If he did, you had a potential 6'9" major influence in the post.

Unfortunately, he didn't and ended up being relegated to garbage time at the end of games.
                  Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• James would've made a mean defensive end

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                      James would've made a mean defensive end
                      I was thinking tight end.

He had a chiseled body. Power Lift Magazine cover material.
                      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
                        James Bunch was a 6'9" center from Minnesota and was a well put together specimen.

However, just looking like a basketball player and being one can be two different things.

That description fit James to a 'T'.

Despite many hours spent of coaches teaching him the game and how to play it, James never really did much of anything - even after 4 years on the roster.

He was one guy you almost had to recruit and take a chance hoping he worked out.

If he did, you had a potential 6'9" major influence in the post.

Unfortunately, he didn't and ended up being relegated to garbage time at the end of games.
                        Speaking of 'garbage time', I recall one of his highlight moments (maybe the only highlight during his career). In mop up duty, he received a pass near the free throw line, turned and took one giant step towards the basket and then threw down one of the nastiest dunks I’ve ever witnessed… one that would have made Antoine Carr smile.
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• James would have made a decent super hero. Not unlike that kid a few years ago from Bradley....insanely athletic....can't remember his name but I'll never forget him falling down right in front of my seats getting a rebound and then kipping up in about 2 nano-seconds and being at a full sprint in another 5 or 6 nano-seconds.

However, if that guy and Mr. Bunch were to play a game of horse, or even pig, they'd still be playing.

Comment

• I seem to recall that Bunch had an OK senior year. What I remember of him (and maybe I'm wrong) was that his effort, desire and attitude were great; a guy you really rooted for to excel.

Comment

James would have made a decent super hero. Not unlike that kid a few years ago from Bradley....insanely athletic....can't remember his name but I'll never forget him falling down right in front of my seats getting a rebound and then kipping up in about 2 nano-seconds and being at a full sprint in another 5 or 6 nano-seconds.

However, if that guy and Mr. Bunch were to play a game of horse, or even pig, they'd still be playing.
                              Sam Singh? Just kidding. Maybe Anthony Thompson?

Comment

• Neither of those guys....he might have also been at Illinois State but I am still fairly certain it was Bradley.

Comment

Working...
                                X