Any news on Orukpe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
    Let's look at EO's fouls per game. 1.2 @ 7.8 minutes/game. If you triple that to 23.4 mpg (Stutz played 24.6), EO's fouls go up to 3.6. For comparison's sake, Stutz fouled at 2.6/game clip, including 6 games with 4 or 5 fouls.

That means EO needs to cut back on the fouls if he's going to get enough floor time to realize the numbers some of you are projecting.

Of course, I hope he does and has a monster year!
    They still give you 5 fouls to dish out even when you play 7-8 minutes a game. I doubt they worked with EO to play without fouling.

I think the difference between Garrett and EO will be huge in that when Garrett fouled he actually encouraged people to take it to him repeatedly.

If you've seen EO foul, you know that players think twice about going back at him.
    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
    -John Wooden

Comment

• I always loved it when he would get the clean block and then hack the guy on the way down by accident. Or was it?

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
        Also, starting Orukpe is almost a guaranteed winning of the toss. Even if we pull him at the next stoppage, it will be nice to see us win ONE tip this year. I love you Stutz but come on.
        Stutz won quite a few tips. I didn't keep track, but I would guess in the 40-50% range. EO will improve on that regardless!
        Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• Defense won't dictate how much EO plays. Marshall won't play him for long periods of time if with him we are playing 5 on 4 when we have the ball.

Comment

• It will not be four on five. He is just too big to leave on the block......

Comment

• I woulda guessed Stutz winning maybe 25%. I think Marshall plays EO for long stretches, btw.

Comment

• I agree that EO is good enough offensively. Now, if he is out on the wing setting screens, his man will sag, but when he is on the block he demands a big body. BTW, I predict EO goes for 15 and 15 against someone this year.
                Livin the dream

Comment

• When he is on the block, he still has to catch the ball and make it. If not, he just clogs up the lane. Watch some games from last year to remind you about his lack of offense. I think that he has some ability, because Marshall has said that he's done it in practice. I hope that he can do that hook on a regular basis in a game but I will wait.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                    I agree that EO is good enough offensively. Now, if he is out on the wing setting screens, his man will sag, but when he is on the block he demands a big body. BTW, I predict EO goes for 15 and 15 against someone this year.
                    Is that 15 points, 15 rebounds? Or 15 rebounds, 15 blocks?

Comment

• There is nobody in the Valley or in the nation that can stop Orukpe's hook or his dunk. I still think Orukpe is a bit raw with both and can't be counted on to convert every time he touches the ball.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see Orukpe going for 12 and 12 next year.

A year ago I predicted that Stutz could go for 16 and 8 in the Valley and everyone thought I was a complete sunshine pumper. I'm sticking with 12 and 12 for Orukpe.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Why not a 15-15-10 game? A triple double would be nice to see. I think physically he could do it. 10 blocks in a game would be damn impressive.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                          Is that 15 points, 15 rebounds? Or 15 rebounds, 15 blocks?
                          I'm leaving that open.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

• It may have been a small sample size, (15-30), but Ehimen did shoot 50% last year. He doesn't have to score a ton to be a presence and be a factor on offense. Just a threat. And I don't care who you are, if you have that kind of size and athleticism, the D must pay attention to you
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by rrshock View Post
                              Why not a 15-15-10 game? A triple double would be nice to see. I think physically he could do it. 10 blocks in a game would be damn impressive.
                              It certainly would be. Here is something for EO to shoot for. Gene Wiley had 4 points-rebounds-blocks triple-doubles in his senior year in 1961-62:

Purdue 12-13-15
                              Santa Clara 17-16-12
                              Tulsa 22-23-10
                              Louisville 12-15-12

I would take one 10-10-10 from EO and be very pleased. Gene must have been an OK player.

Comment

• I've noticed a trend over the years that between March and June almost every player gets 33% better. But between August and November, most of them regress 20+%.

As I've said, I hope EO has a monster season. It won't be surprising, but it will be unexpected.

Comment

Working...
                                X