No announcement yet.

Conner Frankamp is a Shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been wondering what exactly CF's long term goals are: he can't possibly make the NBA as a 2 at his height, and VERY LIKELY can't make it as a 1... so, what were his Dad and CF thinking would be the best scenario? Personally, I see him as a GREAT college player, but ONLY a college player; bask in the glory of his 4 year career, move on. Maybe overseas? (Watching the Blazers as a Season Ticket holder over 5 years, I believe he'd be eaten alive at the next level.) In any case, I have a hard time seeing a transfer to WSU fitting into his goals. He needs time in the limelight; he wasn't going to get that at KU and likely would only have a year at best to get it as a Shocker. He may be recruited (lightly? walk on?) by HCGM, but I don't think he'll be coming here.

Comment

• SHOXMVC and shock ~ EXACTLY!!!!!! Well said the both of you's. :)

Again though...National Coach of the Year Gregg Marshall will make the "right" decision and we will all be glad he did!!! However it turns out!!!
      FINAL FOURS:
      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
      Number of Times Ranked: 157
      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
      #3 - Dec. 2017
      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
      #2 ~ March 2014
      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• When do the number of scholarships increase?

Comment

• Originally posted by vancedave56 View Post
          When do the number of scholarships increase?
          not gonna happen

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
            I agree. I think the vast majority of Shocker fans would be excited to have Conner on the team.
            why don't you create a poll so we can see?

Comment

• Wouldn't prove anything. The vast majority don't do Shockernet.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                Wouldn't prove anything. The vast majority don't do Shockernet.
                Precisely. Last time I looked there was slightly over 400 active users on SN.
                ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                  Precisely. Last time I looked there was slightly over 400 active users on SN.
                  A reasonable sampling of Shocker fan opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                    .001% ? Seems a little small. Perhaps someone will hand out a survey at the arena.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                      Frankamp left KU because something opened his eyes. He was having the time of his life at the school of his dreams (or maybe his parents dreams?) while the team from home was tearing it up. He busts his butt, plays well at point, and has a shot at being the man this year. Then maybe he is told that higher touted "NBA-caliber" freshmen will get the nod over him because they have more potential. So he gets frustrated because the grass wasn't greener on the other side, and he starts to realized what he is missing out on back home.

Fast forward to the Northwood game- CF goes into the locker room with the guys and everyone accepts him with open arms because to them, he is just another guy. He isn't competition for a starting role, he isn't a threat, and nobody look at another in that way. CF notices that this is more than a team, this is 16 brothers. He realizes that not all locker rooms are spoiled by players that are struggling for the first time in their lives and don't know how to cope. This is what he wants to be a part of. No conflicting ego's, just a drive to win.
                      Maybe your best post on Shockernet to date.
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                        .001% ? Seems a little small. Perhaps someone will hand out a survey at the arena.
                        Ah hell...skip to the chase, just get Fever to lay claim on the decision and let's get it over with.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                          Screw it, I'm channeling my inner @WuDrWu:.

Frankamp will become a Shocker.

Not only that @Kung Wu:, but he will take down the Evil Empire (KU) in the NCAA Tourney, with a game-winning shot. (Fulfilling his true destiny!)

Hell, as a bonus, I'll go ahead and say he will beat both of his other pursuers (CO and CU), during his WSU career.

----------

Remember, this is just a prediction! No inside information going on here! :)
                          With the news of ICT hosting in 2018, I thought I should amend my prediction.

- WSU will be out of the Valley and will be able to play in ICT
                          - CF will be able to put on a show in front of his hometown faithful, as well as his former beaker teammates.

See, @Kung Wu:, I told you that earthquake meant something!!! ;)
                          The Assman

Comment

• This probably belongs on a new thread but my OWN personal opinion on the
                            possibility of 15 scholarships is this. It would NOT be good for the mid majors
                            on down as the majors would gobble up more of the three and four star prospects
                            that the mids have been getting and threatening them with. The majors invest
                            in super fancy dorms and facilities that are able to lure more and more talent. I
                            hope they leave the scholarships where they are. As it is, schools like Kentucky have
                            so much talent they can platoon TWO teams of four/five star recruits. I don't see
                            expansion helping our program or other mid majors. It is good for the overall game to disperse
                            available talent around rather than consolidating among a few big majors.
                            Last edited by asiseeit; November 17, 2014, 01:09 PM. Reason: add

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                              Not a random sample. It is definitely skewed towards the most fanatical of the fanatical and I, myself, am guilty as charged.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                                This probably belongs on a new thread but my OWN personal opinion on the
                                possibility of 15 scholarships is this. It would NOT be good for the mid majors
                                on down as the majors would gobble up more of the three and four star prospects
                                that the mids have been getting and threatening them with. The majors invest
                                in super fancy dorms and facilities that are able to lure more and more talent. I
                                hope they leave the scholarships where they are. As it is, schools like Kentucky have
                                so much talent they can platoon TWO teams of four/five star recruits. I don't see
                                expansion helping our program or other mid majors.
                                Agreed. The Women have 15 scholarships and it certainly is not beneficial to the have-nots. I'm not sure the Shocker women's team has ever filled their full allotment of scholarships and Jody told me a few years back it was unlikely that she ever would.

However, if you like the idea of seeing a lot more transfers you probably will like a 15 scholarship limit.

Comment

Working...
                                X