No announcement yet.

Conner Frankamp is a Shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HCGM can coach circles around Bill Self and he would turn CF into a legit all around player.
    Might even teach him an explosive cross-over dribble (which I invented back in the early 70's).
    I invented the cross-over dribble in the early 70's

Comment

• I've been reading this thread for a while, and I feel it's time to interject my opinion, which everybody is entitled to.

First and foremost, I've seen Conner play many times, and nobody can deny he is a great pure shooter. There's a reason he is the CL all time leading scorer, and there is a reason why he was projected as such a high recruit. That being said, the concerns of some of those on here are fair. There has always been a question of the rest of Conners game, hisdefense, his ballhandling, and more importantly, his dad, who I happen to know personally. Whether his dad is a problem or not depends on who you talk to. I have no problems with his dad, but I know others do.

It seems we have a lot of wannabe coaches on here who have already decided that Conner is not a good fit for this program and couldn't earn a spot on this years team. For those people, I would say you are severely wrong, but that's your opinion. I don't agree with it, at all. Conner could absolutely play on this team.. but we aren't talking this year, we are talking next year. The scholarships are an issue, yes, but obviously not that much of an issue, since HCGM is entertaining the idea of recruiting Conner again. Trust me, we would be lucky to have him.

Next point, we are already raving over people like Holland, Henderson, and next years recruits. Why? Holland and Henderson have played 2 games. 1 was against far inferior competition, and against New Mexico St. I didn't see anything that either of them did that would make me believe Conner couldn't beat them out. And as far as next years recruits, they haven't even played a game at Wichita State yet, so it's jumping the gun a little bit to say Conner couldn't compete with them. And I am firmly in the corner of those that say that Conner was the best player for KU in the NCAA tournament this past March. He was, in fact he was the only one that showed up against Stanford, and darn near got that win for Kansas when nobody else was doing anything.

Last point, whatever Conner does, he's a good kid, great player. Maybe he'll come here, maybe he won't. But I can say this, if I was Conner, or Marty, and I was reading this post on Shockernet, the last place I would want to go is Wichita State. After all, why would I want to go to a school where fans are posting on a message board dismissing me, trashing me, saying I'm not good enough, and basically not giving him a chance, all because he played at KU and so many Shocker fans have a strong dislike for KU (which I totally get btw). I think we should think about dogging on a potential recruit, especially knowing there is a chance that Conner and/or his parents have read everything that has been posted on here about him. It would definitely turn me off from coming here.

I hope Conner has great success wherever he ends up, he will no doubt be a star somewhere if he wants to be.

Comment

• this thread has legs. 'might still pop up every now and again into, say, march or so.

Comment

• Shockerfanmas, well said, I have no idea what coach wants but I am sure it's not for " fans" to bag on a recruit. trust in hcgm.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
            Shockerfanmas, well said, I have no idea what coach wants but I am sure it's not for " fans" to bag on a recruit. trust in hcgm.
            No matter what I would hope that no decision is ever made by a recruit based off of what someone posts on a message board.
            “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
            -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

• Thanks ashockalypse, it sickens me to see the kind of stuff I've seen in this topic. All the dogging on Conner. In a way I hope he or somebody he knows has read all these comments, then maybe he'll see what some shocker fans are all about. And believe me, I would be saying this about any recruit we might potentially be getting. Constructive criticism is one thing, but to outright bash a kid and say that "He wouldn't make this squad," or "all he is is a white boy with a jump shot" is ridiculous. I'm all for pointing out the positives and negatives about a player, but some of the comments I've seen on this topic just seem flat out personal, and I have to wonder if it has anything to do with the fact of where Conner played last year. In fact, I'd bet on it.

I'll stand by my statements that we need to quit the bashing and quit trying to be HCGM and let him decide if he wants Conner.

Comment

• Great post @shockerfanmas:.

Pretty much what I have been trying to say this whole time (only in better words).
                The Assman

Comment

• Why take the chance?

Comment

• KochHead, I respectfully disagree, to a point. If I'm Conner Frankamp and I'm reading this topic, and I see all these post from people that don't want Conner here, or don't think he can fit in, then of course it's going to at least have an influence on my decision. After all, why would any recruit want to go to a school where it is obvious the majority of fans feel he isn't a good fit there. I do agree that the decision shouldn't be made off that alone, but I would bet any recruit would tell you that it would have some effect.

Comment

• Thank God... Finally reading reasonable lists on this thread.

Comment

• Thanks SHURTZtheHERTZ. Believe me, after reading this thread, it took me a bit of time for me to calm down. If I had posted directly after reading all the comments on this thread, I would have been posting with a lot of emotion and it probably would have been my last post on here. I had hoped that what I posted wasn't out of line in any way, but believe me, there are a few choice words I'd like to say to some posters on here!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfanmas View Post
                          Thanks SHURTZtheHERTZ. Believe me, after reading this thread, it took me a bit of time for me to calm down. If I had posted directly after reading all the comments on this thread, I would have been posting with a lot of emotion and it probably would have been my last post on here. I had hoped that what I posted wasn't out of line in any way, but believe me, there are a few choice words I'd like to say to some posters on here!
                          Some won't be happy that you called them out or defended CF, but those are the ones who just don't seem to understand they are tearing down an 18 year old kid.
                          The Assman

Comment

• Yeah, Coach knows his responsibility, the players know theirs, but a few on here who profess to be fans of the team feel
                            that they should be able to quack and hack with impunity against our own players and recruits. Bewildering! Shut up and come along for the big win!

Comment

• Well said @shockerfanmas:. I gave up posting on this thread because there is so much emotion and irrationality by some tied to this issue. I fully agree that trashing recruits and their parents is a very sad thing.
                              ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                                Well said @shockerfanmas. I gave up posting on this thread because there is so much emotion and irrationality by some tied to this issue. I fully agree that trashing recruits and their parents is a very sad thing.
                                Ditto !

Comment

Working...
                                X