No announcement yet.

Conner Frankamp is a Shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll take Conner, the kid can shoot lights out and is an excellent ballhandler, Marshall will teach him the D and the players will show him how to keep the ego in check and a team concept....no prima-donas here Conner their all at the place you just left...

Comment

• Conner is a hometown hero, and it would be great to have him in a Shocker uni.
      ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
        Try reading the forum rules. I know you can do it.
        I just read them for the first time, nothing ingrains them like having to write them out 100 times on a chalkboard tho.
        THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE

You can call me Bill

Comment

• Would be huge for the city to have him and Wessel maybe starting next season. Would be so much fun watching them win big together... And it would definitely be quite a bother to fans of another program :)

Comment

• Here's a fun question. If there is bad blood right now between Frankamp and KU (and maybe there isn't, but it seems like there is), what would be the MOST frustrating thing on the planet that he could do to get back?

And if you are HCGM, would you not remind him of that if he is considering anywhere else?

HINT: The answer is "go to WSU"

Comment

• koolaid are you for real....with all these one and dones and all KU can do is get to the round of 32 or better yet get beat by a Valley team. You one a few titles but for the type of players you get I would hope you would win a few. Self is no different than Calapari who everyone was ragging on with the one and dones. Theirs no doubt Marshall is the better coach getting more out of his players than Self gets from all his high priced prima-donas. This is a new day and you can rag all you want about the past but we have alot of history and we are making alot of new history................
              S

Comment

• I will take his 3- pt shot every day. It is sweet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackmag View Post
                  I'll take Conner, the kid can shoot lights out and is an excellent ballhandler, Marshall will teach him the D and the players will show him how to keep the ego in check and a team concept....no prima-donas here Conner their all at the place you just left...
                  KU may have already put his ego in check.
                  "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                  ---------------------------------------
                  Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                  "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                  "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                    Here's a fun question. If there is bad blood right now between Frankamp and KU (and maybe there isn't, but it seems like there is), what would be the MOST frustrating thing on the planet that he could do to get back?

And if you are HCGM, would you not remind him of that if he is considering anywhere else?

HINT: The answer is "go to WSU"
                    But if he goes to Creighton, the Antishock would have been born and bread right here in Wichita. In typical, sneaky devil-spawn fashion, many Shocker fans will have been duped into cheering for him in his youth.

Please don't be the Antishock, Conner. (@_kai_:, is begging Connor not to be demon possessed a recruiting violation? You know what, I bet the NCAA actually has published an opinion on that.)
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                      But if he goes to Creighton, the Antishock would have been born and bread right here in Wichita. In typical, sneaky devil-spawn fashion, many Shocker fans will have been duped into cheering for him in his youth.

Please don't be the Antishock, Conner. (@_kai_:, is begging Connor not to be demon possessed a recruiting violation? You know what, I bet the NCAA actually has published an opinion on that.)
                      I feel like going to Creighton should be an NCAA violation. Somebody has to talk sense into him if he even answered the phone when they called. This is a 9th place mid major east team. They have no identifiable trajectory because 100% of the team and system is gone. I literally have no idea what their team will be like this year... No, I take that back. They will be horrible on defense, have zero post presence and they will hope to play horse. I really do believe Frankamp is smarter than that. There are about 150 better choices in the current NCAA landscape. Do not go to Creighton.
                      Last edited by Dave Stalwart; November 2, 2014, 10:27 PM.

Comment

• I've read every post in this thread and it's been entertaining. The subject is understandibly of high interest due to the prospect of a local blue-chipper donning the black & gold. I was a WSU student '78-'83 and experienced first hand the excitement local kids bring to Shocker fans. But here's where I likely get nuked - Frankamp, no thanks. The program doesn't need the chore of keeping his huge ego in check and all the issues related to Marty/dad would be even more of a challenge with Koch Arena in his back yard.

I'm content with the very high caliber young men we have and have coming. They've been hand selected from the outset by 3G and his staff as guys that fit the family and the demands of the system. Rian Holland is a bigger, stronger, quicker guard than Francamp, for one. Henderson, Shamet, Taylor...we're in great shape without taking on a known project of that kind. As for Connor, IMO he'd be better served by adding miles to his distance from home.

Comment

• Originally posted by B&Gpassion View Post
                          I've read every post in this thread and it's been entertaining. The subject is understandibly of high interest due to the prospect of a local blue-chipper donning the black & gold. I was a WSU student '78-'83 and experienced first hand the excitement local kids bring to Shocker fans. But here's where I likely get nuked - Frankamp, no thanks. The program doesn't need the chore of keeping his huge ego in check and all the issues related to Marty/dad would be even more of a challenge with Koch Arena in his back yard.

I'm content with the very high caliber young men we have and have coming. They've been hand selected from the outset by 3G and his staff as guys that fit the family and the demands of the system. Rian Holland is a bigger, stronger, quicker guard than Francamp, for one. Henderson, Shamet, Taylor...we're in great shape without taking on a known project of that kind. As for Connor, IMO he'd be better served by adding miles to his distance from home.
                          Your comments sound like you know Conner personally and that he has a lot of character flaws (he sounds like our Governor - I apologize for digressing). LOL In my opinion, we pay Coach to make these decisions. He knows Conner just like he's hand selected our other players. I trust him to continue to make these decisions. After all, in my opinion, he's the best basketball coach we've ever had and probably the best in the NCAA. He's earned our trust.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                            I feel like going to Creighton should be an NCAA violation. Somebody has to talk sense into him if he even answered the phone when they called. This is a 9th place mid major east team. They have no identifiable trajectory because 100% of the team and system is gone. I literally have no idea what their team will be like this year... No, I take that back. They will be horrible on defense, have zero post presence and they will hope to play horse. I really do believe Frankamp is smarter than that. There are about 150 better choices in the current NCAA landscape. Do not go to Creighton.
                            There are no positives in going to creighton; except that daddy Mac will allow him to shoot 25x per game.
                            For one thing, few nationally will see him. An entire season's viewership of Creighton on FS1 equates to 1 Shocker game on ESPN. Out of all the schools that supposedly have contacted him, Creighton should be at the bottom of the list.

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                              There are no positives in going to creighton; except that daddy Mac will allow him to shoot 25x per game.
                              For one thing, few nationally will see him. An entire season's viewership of Creighton on FS1 equates to 1 Shocker game on ESPN. Out of all the schools that supposedly have contacted him, Creighton should be at the bottom of the list.
                              Wait! Not so fast here. Maybe Conner is the type that likes to have his calendar open for March and April. If so, Creighton is the perfect fit because they never play beyond the first weekend of the tournament.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                                Wait! Not so fast here. Maybe Conner is the type that likes to have his calendar open for March and April. If so, Creighton is the perfect fit because they never play beyond the first weekend of the tournament.
                                Will they make it into the tournament this year?
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X