Conner Frankamp is a Shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    Not a random sample. It is definitely skewed towards the most fanatical of the fanatical and I, myself, am guilty as charged.
    Exactly. I was going to make the same point but you beat me to it.
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
    -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

• 1100!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
        .001% ? Seems a little small. Perhaps someone will hand out a survey at the arena.
        they poll 500 people for national election...just saying

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          Not a random sample. It is definitely skewed towards the most fanatical of the fanatical and I, myself, am guilty as charged.
          Ditto

Comment

• The way Framnkamp left KU invites microscopic evaluation of his record. An examination of his record at KU is not encouraging.

Those of us who have looked hard at stats and reported them are not being received well in this thread. We're "anti-Frankamp". We're the ones who are making Conner and his family hate the WSU fanbase and making them wish they had never considered Conner's going to WSU, and if they read this thread, shame on the posters disrespecting Conner.

I've previously compared Frankamp's stats to some WSU players. Cotton, playing wing, had better stats for a PG than Frankamp, who was playing PG. It's unfair to compare Cotton as a Jr to Frankamp as a Fr, so I looked at Cotton's Fr stats. Cotton had better stats as either a PG or a SG in his Fr season than Frankamp.

Here's a question I'd like to see answered. If Marshall sat down with VanVleet, Baker, or Cotton in October and told them, "I'm bringing in a player who's probably better than you and is likely to take most of your minutes", their reaction would be:

1) Bring it. If he can beat me, I'll be thrilled to play with him.
            2) Am I going to have to work to get a starting spot this year?
            3) That's unacceptable. I'm out of here.

Which answer would you want on your team?
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• A lot of us just think it's real, real dumb to post over and over and over and over about why a kid shouldn't come here when we are reportedly interested in him and he is reportedly interested in us. Simple as that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                The way Framnkamp left KU invites microscopic evaluation of his record. An examination of his record at KU is not encouraging.

Those of us who have looked hard at stats and reported them are not being received well in this thread. We're "anti-Frankamp". We're the ones who are making Conner and his family hate the WSU fanbase and making them wish they had never considered Conner's going to WSU, and if they read this thread, shame on the posters disrespecting Conner.

I've previously compared Frankamp's stats to some WSU players. Cotton, playing wing, had better stats for a PG than Frankamp, who was playing PG. It's unfair to compare Cotton as a Jr to Frankamp as a Fr, so I looked at Cotton's Fr stats. Cotton had better stats as either a PG or a SG in his Fr season than Frankamp.

Here's a question I'd like to see answered. If Marshall sat down with VanVleet, Baker, or Cotton in October and told them, "I'm bringing in a player who's probably better than you and is likely to take most of your minutes", their reaction would be:

1) Bring it. If he can beat me, I'll be thrilled to play with him.
                2) Am I going to have to work to get a starting spot this year?
                3) That's unacceptable. I'm out of here.

Which answer would you want on your team?
                I'm only quoting this because you're inevitably going to edit it to "nm" like nearly every other post you have in this thread ;)

Seriously, who cares? I have an issue with the way some people have responded to Frankamp in this thread, and I've specifically said I think some people will really regret their words if he ends up with us. I do not think you're included in that, though. You don't have to continually defend yourself. There are people who were being outright insulting to Frankamp, but you're not one.
                Originally posted by BleacherReport
                Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• #1104 - please, enough idiotic posts

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                    #1104 - please, enough idiotic posts
                    5,622 posts vs. 126. I don't think you are qualified yet to classify a post a idiotic... This entire thread is idiotic.... and should be in the recruiting forum, not the Shocker Men's Basketball forum... it is really stinking up the joint....

but I share your thoughts, at least partially.... please, enough...
                    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Post #1104 was not idiotic, as it actually made me think a little. That is rare on this message board, so I will give @Aargh: props for that.

I am concerned as well. I think that this team has so many strengths, but there is one strength that this team has that is the most elusive in the "gotta get mine" world of athletics, and that is chemistry. Before you waist your time typing the generic "trust in HCGM" response, please don't. I am not saying I am afraid HCGM will make the wrong decision, but rather if I had to make the decision that would be my first concern. The fear that where there is smoke, there is fire is the concern of many on this board. That being said, I find myself wanting to see CF in a shocker uniform. I look at things in terms of risk/reward and I think HCGM would be able to mitigate the risks and maximize the reward (for both CF and WSU). I guess that is the benefit of having a National Coach of the Year at 21st and Hillside.
                        “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
                        -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

• Aargh's post #1104 was perfectly reasonable and a legitimate point. But it's safe to assume that Marshall and his staff thought of the same thing before they even had any contact with the Frankamp entourage, and if they thought it would be a problem they wouldn't have pursued the matter any further.

One of Marshall's great strengths is his skill as not just a head coach, but a mind and attitude coach. His ability to manage this sort of situation effectively is about the least of my concerns.

Comment

• Are you kidding me? The hypothetical proposed was ludicrous. I would bet that 90%
                            of SN posters would agree and 100% of those that have any basketball knowledge
                            and understanding of recruiting practices.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                              Are you kidding me? The hypothetical proposed was ludicrous. I would bet that 90%
                              of SN posters would agree and 100% of those that have any basketball knowledge
                              and understanding of recruiting practices.
                              Relax there buddy, it wasn't a perfect presentation of the argument, but I gathered the intent of his post. Basically, do you want a recruit who is gonna bail when challenged for minutes? Since CF has a history of this now, it is a legit question. However, since we don't know the details of the situation at KU it is probably unfair. Hell, all of this speculation is probably unfair, but we are just here for entertainment.
                              -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

• Originally posted by kochHead View Post
                                Relax there buddy, it wasn't a perfect presentation of the argument, but I gathered the intent of his post. Basically, do you want a recruit who is gonna bail when challenged for minutes? Since CF has a history of this now, it is a legit question. However, since we don't know the details of the situation at KU it is probably unfair. Hell, all of this speculation is probably unfair, but we are just here for entertainment.
                                Can an argument be legit and unfair, i ask myself after reading my own post? I don't know...what were we talking about again?
                                -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

Working...
                                X