Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
    I wanted one that’s inspires me.

So far that list includes: Jans, Kelsey, Sampson, Griffin.

I could be convinced of others, but those 4 are sticking out in my mind.
    Read an article somewhere that stated Sampson closest comparisons were Tang and Lloyd who was under Few. If that’s true, then sign me the hell up

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockHat View Post

Read an article somewhere that stated Sampson closest comparisons were Tang and Lloyd who was under Few. If that’s true, then sign me the hell up
      Saw that in the article from Taylor today. Where the media people were giving their opinions on the type of job WSU is.
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• 76 is harder than a diamond in an ice storm right now
        The Assman

Comment

• Maybe Tony Bennett's looking for a new gig...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
            76 is harder than a diamond in an ice storm right now
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Pastner, Haith and Wardle??? Ewwww!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

Pastner, Haith and Wardle??? Ewwww!!!!
                IB prolly better than those 3 lol
                Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Surprised Ewing was on that list too….
                  The Assman

Comment

• Not to excuse some of the guys that have been getting canned but Covid, NIL and TP really screwed up some programs more than others. There are a ton of football teams I know that this happened with but I think Pastner is one of those teams. They were trending up their first 3 years and then completely fell apart. Don't get me wrong, I don't want him, but a lower tier mid-major should definitely take a swing on him.

Comment

• I don't think Pastner is a horrible coach and recruiter. I just don't think he works here. If I were in a conference below the AAC I'd definitely be willing to take a look.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Lurking in some of the games today, noticing Furman upset Virginia and remembering the poster everyone made fun of when suggesting we should hire their coach (Bob Richey).

Does everyone here still think this is a far-fetched idea?

According to what I’m seeing, his worst record was 16-9 in 2020-2021 and he went 27-7 this year…….

Seems like we could do worse, I would have liked to see CJ get the job, but it also seems like he may have passed.

And even though I really like Kelvin Sampson, I’m not too thrilled about hiring his son to “keep the chair warm”

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post
                          Lurking in some of the games today, noticing Furman upset Virginia and remembering the poster everyone made fun of when suggesting we should hire their coach (Bob Richey).

According to what I’m seeing, his worst record was 16-9 in 2020-2021 and he went 27-7 this year…….

Seems like we could do worse, I would have liked to see CJ get the job, but it also seems like he may have passed.

And even though I really like Kelvin Sampson, I’m not too thrilled about hiring his son to “keep the chair warm”
                          I don't think his system will work the in the AAC. At least not as well as it does at Furman.

Would much rather have Kelsey and the way his teams play
                          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post
                            Lurking in some of the games today, noticing Furman upset Virginia and remembering the poster everyone made fun of when suggesting we should hire their coach (Bob Richey).

Far fetched? No. Would I like it? Still hell no.

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Mark....oh Marky-Mark Kind Sir... you are missing one name and one name only from your list.
                              FINAL FOURS:
                              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                              Number of Times Ranked: 157
                              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                              #3 - Dec. 2017
                              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                              #2 ~ March 2014
                              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Only ones I’d want on Royal’s list would be Drew or Deveies, but admit I know nothing about McCaslin or Kelsey and Kelsey seems to have some backing here.

And would McCaslin want to come here when UNT will be part of the conference next year?

Comment

Working...
                                X