Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If it's existed for a while now, it calls that Turgeon story into question. Did WSU reach out to him or did the search firm?
    The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post
      If it's existed for a while now, it calls that Turgeon story into question. Did WSU reach out to him or did the search firm?
      Either way, I'm confident Turgeon wasn't offered the job.

Comment

• It's sad that there was a poster here that is ridiculed that was a Bob Richey fan and that seems why many people here look down on Richey as a potential coach.

Pluses:

He's only 39.

.720 career head coach winning percentage.

Runs a beautiful motion offense.

On record as saying one of the coaches he looked up to growing up was a former WSU coach, Eddie Fogler.

Comes from South Carolina, the same state that produced our best coach.

Coaches a small college program in South Carolina like Marshall did.

Is a man of faith and talks openly about his Christian faith.

Right now with respect to NCAA tournament wins, he's in the same position Marshall was when we hired him, both only having one NCAA tournament win in their careers.

I'm all for Chris Jans. But if we can't get Jans, I would be for Richey.

Comment

• No one would have ridiculed him if he weren’t advocating for Richey while Marshall was still our coach.
          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShockFan View Post
            It's sad that there was a poster here that is ridiculed that was a Bob Richey fan and that seems why many people here look down on Richey as a potential coach.

Pluses:

He's only 39.

On record as saying one of the coaches he looked up to growing up was a former WSU coach, Eddie Fogler.

Right now with respect to NCAA tournament wins, he's in the same position Marshall was when we hired him, both only having one NCAA tournament win in their careers.

That's not the main reason people don't like him as a top choice. It doesn't help his case, but it's far from the main reason. I couldn't care less about 76's love affair with him. I still don't like the idea of Richey leading this program.

If I were creating a top 10 list, I'm not sure he'd make it. But he'd be very low if he did.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

It's sad that there was a poster here that is ridiculed that was a Bob Richey fan and that seems why many people here look down on Richey as a potential coach.

Pluses:

He's only 39.

That is far from the only reason he has been ridiculed here, you buffon.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• A name I throw out here. Probably not quite ready yet but for when we fire Haith, Danny Sprinkle @ Montana State.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

LOL!!!!

Comment

Pluses:

He's only 39.

Well I think we have unearthed ol' 76er's other persona...

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post
                      A name I throw out here. Probably not quite ready yet but for when we fire Haith, Danny Sprinkle @ Montana State.
                      I just don't know if I can take a man named Sprinkle seriously.
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        I'm just saying focus on why this coach isn't a good coach, not say guilt by association because this guy we don't like liked him.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

I just don't know if I can take a man named Sprinkle seriously.

Comment

• Almost every time Bob Richey is brought up here someone has to reference some inside joke about a poster who no one likes from the past, who appears to not even post here anymore, and it turns the whole thing into a joke. Like that alone is enough to discredit Richey as a candidate and we don't need to discuss him any further. It's stupid. He's a really good coach. Only 39 years old and his #13 seed just beat a #4 seed in the NCAA tournament. He should be considered as a legitimate candidate for the job and people should take it seriously.

Comment

• Kelsey is now available...
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• I mean yeah, it is unfair to him. Richey seems to be a great coach and would be a good hire.
                                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Working...
                                X