Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
    Kelsey is now available...
    Someone give me his damn number. I will call him!!! Lol
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Give Kelsey some athletes with length....and look out....
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• For those that don’t know, 76 was saying we needed to move on from Marshall and hire Richey in 2019 when WSU beat them in the NIT.

He even went as far as emailing the fADDB why they should do so.

That’s why it’s a joke; and well deserved.
        The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Either way, I'm confident Turgeon wasn't offered the job.
          No kidding. That's what I'm saying. If we have a contract with a search firm, and the contract does not give the search firm the power to offer anyone a job (because, of course it doesn't), then that story is doubly bogus.
          The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• CJ

Comment

• Drew is 228-134 and has made 5 NCAA tournaments at 3 schools in 11 seasons. He played 6 years in the NBA. He had 2 bad years at Vanderbilt. In his last season at Vanderbilt, Darius Garland, who would become the 5th pick in the NBA draft, hurt his knee 2 minutes into the 5th game of the season. Vandy was 4-0 before the injury. The rest of the season was a disaster kind of like it was for us when Fred missed time in his senior season. Garland is averaging 22 ppg in the NBA this season. Drew has great name recognition. He made one of the most famous shots in NCAA tournament history. Grand Canyon’s top 3 scores are 2 sophomores and a junior. 2 of the 3 transferred to Grand Canyon.

According to Taylor, the search firm contract was signed Saturday.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShockFan View Post
                It's sad that there was a poster here that is ridiculed that was a Bob Richey fan and that seems why many people here look down on Richey as a potential coach.

Pluses:

He's only 39.

.720 career head coach winning percentage.

Runs a beautiful motion offense.

On record as saying one of the coaches he looked up to growing up was a former WSU coach, Eddie Fogler.

Comes from South Carolina, the same state that produced our best coach.

Coaches a small college program in South Carolina like Marshall did.

Is a man of faith and talks openly about his Christian faith.

Right now with respect to NCAA tournament wins, he's in the same position Marshall was when we hired him, both only having one NCAA tournament win in their careers.

I'm all for Chris Jans. But if we can't get Jans, I would be for Richey.
                The posters on this board never let these facts influence their opinion. I am ROFLMAO at these so called Shocker Fans (especially Nabob aka Fever).
                Last edited by Shocker1976; March 16, 2023, 05:23 PM.

Comment

• Maybe, Tommy Lloyd can’t get it done
                  The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShockFan View Post

I'm just saying focus on why this coach isn't a good coach, not say guilt by association because this guy we don't like liked him.
                    My advice to you is to drop this line of reasoning; there are posters on Shockernet with theirs heads so far up their a**es they will turn on you like a rabid animal ignoring the truth of what was posted regards FHC3G.

Comment

• Whoever the new hire is I hope he can convince KP, JW and JP to stay or bring 2-3 STUDS with him. Right now, I think the attractiveness of our program seems diminished and a dynamic hire may not be possible. Someone prove me wrong !

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

My advice to you is to drop this line of reasoning; there are posters on Shockernet with theirs heads so far up their a**es they will turn on you like a rabid animal ignoring the truth of what was posted regards FHC3G.

Comment

• If the search firm contract was signed Saturday that basically confirms there is no way Turgeon was actually OFFERED the job on Sunday and turned it down.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                            Whoever the new hire is I hope he can convince KP, JW and JP to stay or bring 2-3 STUDS with him. Right now, I think the attractiveness of our program seems diminished and a dynamic hire may not be possible. Someone prove me wrong !
                            I don't think it is close to that dire. And I am a pessimist lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                              Funny how national basketball writers have a higher opinion of the program than a significant portion of the fanbase.
                              Bump
                              The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

I don't think it is close to that dire. And I am a pessimist lol
                                Hmmmm, we had four good players this year. Two graduated and the other two are half way out the door. No coaching staff presently recruiting high school or portal players. Call me pessimistic.

Comment

Working...
                                X