Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=Shock Top;n1385101]I wanted one that’s inspires me.

/QUOTE] Jerry MaGuirre?

Comment

• I haven't thought much about Drew. I could be open to looking more into him.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• I just really like Kelsey's teams pace and intensity. I think it would play well in Wichita.

I would take Drew. I just didn't figure he would come here, dont really know why.

FWIW I don't really think we will end up with Kelsey either. I just like him lol.

Obviously Jans is my true #1. But I think that ship has sailed at this point.
        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
            I don't think Pastner is a horrible coach and recruiter. I just don't think he works here. If I were in a conference below the AAC I'd definitely be willing to take a look.
            I question Pastner’s Coaching, but not his recruiting.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
              I certainly hope that contract isn't dated today. I'd hate to think we're just now employing a search firm to help us find a coach.
              The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• You guys ever think that Marshall tree won't take Wichita state job out of respect for 3G?? Their loyalty might be with 3G and not the program. End of the day I'm just rambling, but it's definitely one side of the coin

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post

I certainly hope that contract isn't dated today. I'd hate to think we're just now employing a search firm to help us find a coach.
                  I am sure it was already underway.
                  "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                    Frank (you mean the same guy who coached at Tulsa) Haith? Come on Mark. And I thought you really liked Wichita State.

BTW, I may have missed it but I was surprised this comment from the "Sleeping Giant" article has not generated any response:

“Any of those guys would be really smart for Wichita State to go after,” Moore said. “All of those names are really good coaches. One name I would consider if I were them and throw in the mix is Ben McCollum from Northwest Missouri State. I think Ben is one of the brightest, sharpest guys I’ve been around and I think he would kill it at a spot like Wichita State. But honestly, I think all of those names are really good coaches that would do a good job at Wichita State.”
                    I think this board would go apoplectic if they even thought they were considering a hiring from the D-II ranks (with no disrepect to Kristi Bredbenner).
                    Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 16, 2023, 03:47 PM.

Comment

• If Frank Haith is hired I am becoming a Saint Louis fan instantly

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Frank (you mean the same guy who coached at Tulsa) Haith? Come on Mark. IAnd I thought you really liked Wichita State.

BTW, I may have missed it but I surprised this comment from the "Sleeping Giant" article has not generated any response:

I think this board would go apoplectic if they even thought they were considering a hiring from the D-II ranks (with no disrepect to Kristi Bredbenner).
                        To say nothing if we were to hire Frank Haith. I don't think that would be even the most remote of considerations, but if by some apocalypse it did happen, you just might was well go ahead and mothball the entire freaking program.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

To say nothing if we were to hire Frank Haith. I don't think that would be even the most remote of considerations, but if by some apocalypse it did happen, you just might was well go ahead and mothball the entire freaking program.
                          Mark’s cheese done slid off his cracker…
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

There is probably a reason an undated and unsigned copy is provided. In any case, observing how ADKS operates, I doubt this was just dated in the last few days. It would be interesting to know when this was dated. Although I do suppose, there is always a possibility that things were not going as well as ADKS hoped it would. I will also say that this firm apparently did a good job in searching for our new AD.

Comment

• I have no problem using a search firm. I'm sure they ensure all the correct procedure is complied with and probably provide indemnity if something goes wrong. I'm just hoping (and assuming) this is a contract that has existed for a few weeks now.
                              The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

I'm just hoping (and assuming) this is a contract that has existed for a few weeks now.
                                Which might be why it is an undated version.

Comment

Working...
                                X