Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Checked out? Not quite StickBOY. Been doing the Shocker sports 63 years and weathered a hell of a lot more than this. Aggravating you helps pass the time during the futility.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
      Checked out? Not quite StickBOY. Been doing the Shocker sports 63 years and weathered a hell of a lot more than this. Aggravating you helps pass the time during the futility.
      If you think you are aggravating me... You are sorely mistaken. I enjoy laughing at how bad your takes are

Comment

• Bob Richey is 39 years old, has a 72% winning percentage, never finished lower than 3rd in conference, is in the NCAA tournament, and has gotten Furman in the top 25. Would be a cheap hire that has the potential to turn in to something great. My vote.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

If you think you are aggravating me... You are sorely mistaken. I enjoy laughing at how bad your takes are
          That’s how I know they are not bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

KP looked good standing outside. Did you see him shooting the 3 point shot? I think he gave up on it, and near the basket became the only way anyone would guard him.
            If Pohto is still on this team next year, we better go get a solid 5. Pohto needs to go back to working on his three point shot (remember when he won shocker madness three point contest?). He's a pick and pop 4. Trying to turn him into a back to the basket 5 is madness. He's waaaaay to soft.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
              If Pohto is still on this team next year, we better go get a solid 5. Pohto needs to go back to working on his three point shot (remember when he won shocker madness three point contest?). He's a pick and pop 4. Trying to turn him into a back to the basket 5 is madness. He's waaaaay to soft.
              Problem is solid 5's don't grow on trees

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

Problem is solid 5's don't grow on trees
                Maybe Ballard can heal and develop

Comment

Feels like grasping at straws

Comment

He can't cover a good 4 (Tulane's Cross who is really a true 4, burned him again and again).

He is winnable as a hybrid 5 because of his skill level (IQ, passing, screening, reversing the ball, rebounding is decent, etc.), and he would be even better if he could hit a 3 now and again, or really good if he could hit a 3 35% of the time (he has no confidence now). But he has enough skills to be a good 5. He's not the "camp" under the basket, physical kind of 5 like we became accustomed to under GM when we played Kentucky with 3 rim protecting "bruisers", who all had different strengths/weaknesses. By the end of the year, I became a Kenny Pohto fan. He really adjusted his game to match what he was doing well.

Comment

Weight room and training can fix his issues before next season starts if he has the desire.
                      His court vision and passing skills are ideal for a post, low or high.

Comment

• Another thing for Pohto, is that his skills worked well with Rojas who also could set up low or go high. They became interchangeable. The problem is that Rojas doesn't have anymore eligibility, and our other 4's are really just perimeter guys who like to shoot the 3, but aren't strong rebounders, good passers, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
                          Bob Richey is 39 years old, has a 72% winning percentage, never finished lower than 3rd in conference, is in the NCAA tournament, and has gotten Furman in the top 25. Would be a cheap hire that has the potential to turn in to something great. My vote.
                          Why is a 39 year old named Bob?

Comment

Bob Richey is 39 years old, has a 72% winning percentage, never finished lower than 3rd in conference, is in the NCAA tournament, and has gotten Furman in the top 25. Would be a cheap hire that has the potential to turn in to something great. My vote.
                            Shockers1976 will have been waiting for this moment for years!!!
                            The Assman

Comment

Be lucky if he can do just one of those things, let alone, both.

Comment

we've sunk so low that three year old rants from poster 76 seem like hope. I watched a Stephen King movie like this once, The Mist.

Edit: and at this point, if we hire Bob Richey, I'm all for it. I just will give zero credit or acknowledgment to 76 lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X