Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People aren’t really going to care that much whether or not Turgeon was formally offered the job. Excluding the low possibility of Jans, all these other candidates we’re looking at would be taking a step up in the profession if they accepted the job. They wouldn’t be worried about whether or not they were the first option. I also don’t think there’s anything in that report that would lead one to believe KS’ search is off the rails.

I just don’t understand the level of concern over the report. Seems like if you’re smart enough to read between the lines, Turgeon just isn’t interested regardless if he was ever even considered.

Comment

• I’m all in on Kellen. There’s no way he will have anything other than resounding success at his first head coaching gig. His guys won’t transfer and he will bring in some STUDS that play angry. Watch this video. Warning : It’s fn fire. (I can’t get the link to take ; does Shockernet block YouTube links ?).

google “Kellen Sampson explains how to properly select a college”
      Last edited by LetsGoShockers2021; March 16, 2023, 01:08 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktheheck View Post
        Let's step away from the Marshall tree...I was one of the first fans to greet Marshall to Wichita and loved everything he did for the program. But that is history and we need to move on. However, it needs to be another homerun from admin ....Go get Kelsey.
        We go with the best chance for success and Jans has been very successful, so why would we step away from the tree just because you say so? People that say that are people from buzzard U or Arizona or Ohio State or Gonzaga or Creighton or various others who we smoked in the tournament or otherwise that don’t want us doing it again. I don’t want to move on. I’d like to keep kicking ass.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

I don’t think SBT likes anyone, but thankfully, the feeling is mutual.
          A great and noble Desert Prophet said many years ago, "The more haters you got the better it mean you're doing." Salute.

So, with that out of the way, it is paramount to those of us on this forum, and elsewhere, whose favorite sport is Shocker Basketball (that probably excludes you kel), that ADKS not screw this thing up, if he hasn't already. Only an oblivious dingleberry troll would say otherwise.

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsGoShockers2021 View Post
            I’m all in on Kellen. There’s no way he will have anything other than resounding success at his first head coaching gig. His guys won’t transfer and he will bring in some STUDS that play angry. Watch this video. Warning : It’s fn fire. (I can’t get the link to take ; does Shockernet block YouTube links ?).

google “Kellen Sampson explains how to properly select a college”
            Added a couple of bonus videos…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Man I’m liking Sampson quite a bit now.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockHat View Post
                Man I’m liking Sampson quite a bit now.
                Definitely interviews more like a head coach. He's probably ready to take over his own program. Just never know how good of an in-game coach he is.

I am kind of thinking the choice is either gonna be DeVries or Sampson.

My hope is it is Kelsey and the reason we haven't heard of a direct connection or rumor is because they are using guys like Samspon and DeVries as a smoke screen to keep it under wraps.

Whoever it is, I will get behind them and give them a chance.
                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Of course could still be Mills. I am just not on that train as much....so I personally hope not.
                  "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                    Of course could still be Mills. I am just not on that train as much....so I personally hope not.
                    Pass on Mills personally. I’m okay with DeVries, Sampson, and Kelsey maybe. I just want someone who’s gonna win. I don’t care if our play style changes and all of that. Most important is winning and getting somebody who can recruit well and high

Comment

• No to Mills. Eh on DeVries.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Seems like Jans is the only one mostly everybody is okay with. Otherwise some split decisions, except for maybe Kelsey?

Comment

• Sampson could be great, but won't he bolt for Houston as soon as that's available?

Comment

• Sign K. Sampson as soon as Dance ends for Houston. Just do it!!!!!!!!!!!
                            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Of those discussed most this is how I see it..............1) Jans, #2 Kelsey, #3 DeVries, #4 Sampson
                              Last edited by asiseeit; March 16, 2023, 09:01 AM.

Comment

• I could get very excited for Jans, Griffin or Kelsey. I'd be pretty excited for Sampson or McCasland. I could definitely get behind Pasternack and May. I could accept DeVries or Lutz. I would dislike Richey. I would hate Mills.

Anyone else I will evaluate after announcement, but these are the ones that have been talked about or researched enough I feel I've developed a decent opinion of.
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X