Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I think the bolded part is an understatement. If GH had a player steal a sign and another use team property for personal use, he would still be a coach. Those two situation present minor liability to your employer. Two incidents of harm to another human are in a DRASTICALLY different realm of issues. There is also the aspect that a coach has more of a "duty" to protect those players than your standard manager at a job. Parents entrust their kids to a coach. A player sneaking off and ending up in a fight that some dies in is bad .. really bad .. but then you add the fact that a player under his control was put under "harming" circumstances and now you have a major major liability to the job and school.
    So should a coach lock players in a room when they are not in class or on the court? How can a coach be 100% accountable for all player actions? This is one of the things I don't understand.
    Another thing I don't understand is the mob mentality of trial by media based on an accusation. Whose to say this girl wasn't a setup for the first incident? Not saying she is, but there has to be a fair trial before you can call someone guilty unless caught red handed.
    College sports seem to be different. GM was found guilty by media and had no red hands, just hearsay. The power of media is off the charts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

So should a coach lock players in a room when they are not in class or on the court? How can a coach be 100% accountable for all player actions? This is one of the things I don't understand.
      Another thing I don't understand is the mob mentality of trial by media based on an accusation. Whose to say this girl wasn't a setup for the first incident? Not saying she is, but there has to be a fair trial before you can call someone guilty unless caught red handed.
      College sports seem to be different. GM was found guilty by media and had no red hands, just hearsay. The power of media is off the charts.
      Let's just say GH was oblivious to everything leading up to these events, that's a fireable offense. He was either oblivious or didn't care. Not to mention an abysmal record. This is all national headlines. Pretty much unprecedented events for a first year coach. Listen, I don't think GH is a bad character but it's pretty apparent he had no control over his program. How would you feel if all of this happened here? I know, I know,....it hasn't been proven in a court of law...

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

While probably true, it is totally unjustified. I doubt he was present at any of those events and probably never knew of them until well after they happened. His only fault would be the recruitment of some sleeze balls.
        But I thought you justified taking a gun on a road trip. Now he is sleaze ball. Which is it?

Comment

• Veering this to a maybe positive development...

Mike Brey apparently was just leaving Notre Dame... But he still plans on coaching.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

How would he have done under Cohen had he not been fired????
            Same as if under Thompson in my honest opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

I love Dexter Dennis, but he's nowhere near an NBA player as a wing who shoots 29% from deep and can't dribble very well.
              Bruce Bowen made an NBA career out of doing what Dexter does.

Bowen was a sub 30% 3PG player at CSF. Won 3 rings and was 8 time 1st or 2nd team 8 times.

Dennis could have developed like Cotton his Jr and Sr year.

Comment

• Originally posted by jcdshocker View Post

But I thought you justified taking a gun on a road trip. Now he is sleaze ball. Which is it?
                I justify any non-crazy or non-criminal to carry. Never called GH a sleaze ball, just some of his players.
                I also said GH probably should be fired, but not blackballed out of his profession.
                Look at what happened in Michigan last night. Guy walked around shooting anyone and everyone he could. Had someone near, had a firearm, there would probably be less folks harmed and one bad guy dead.
                Last edited by Kung Wu; February 14, 2023, 12:11 PM.

Comment

• DSB: Did it cross anyone’s mind that perhaps Cohen was just looking out for the kids? Seton Hall is a great learning institution.

Does Griffin make it where he did playing for Scott Thompson at Wichita State?

ST: How would he have done under Cohen had he not been fired???

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

Same as if under Thompson in my honest opinion.
                  1) Probably/Possibly, but at least Thompson may have had a better chance for success at WSU with Griffin. After all, coming in, Thompson was already an experienced head coach and showing some success at a perennially losing program Rice. Also had 7 years as an assistant at Notre Dame, Iowa, and Arizona.

2) So, Cohen wasn't really looking out for Griffin as much as he was being spiteful towards WSU for a justifiable firing.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

Schaus didn't previously know GM.
                    Schaus first hire was not GM first hire.

His first hire was a guy coaching at Jax State with 22-29 record named Turgeon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                      ... Heiar is done for
                      This will get your blood boiling... small props to Doug Gottlieb for at least challenging *******'s take.

Detailing Hazing Allegations at New Mexico State After Season Cancelation | Watch (msn.com)
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

This will get your blood boiling... small props to Doug Gottlieb for at least challenging *******'s take.

Detailing Hazing Allegations at New Mexico State After Season Cancelation | Watch (msn.com)
                        My God, ******* is a ****ing moron.
                        78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• ******* is a muckraker. A really unlikable muckraker with a visceral hatred of Gregg Marshall. He got a proper scoop here and has done some good reporting. Somehow tying the **** show at NMSU to Greg Marshall requires pretzel logic. Gregg Marshall has as much to do with NMSU problems as I do. And everyone knows that I am not a GM fan.

Heiar and staff should have been fired immediately after the “have gun will travel” incident.
                            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

Not to mention a total slob.
                              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Numnutz wasn’t connecting Heiar to Marshall when GH won a national championship.

Comment

Working...
                                X