Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’ll disagree on some of the Gottlieb stuff. He was critical of us at a point, and he was calling a game against SLU where FVV struggled. But aside from that he’s really not been a huge critic, and seems to call it like he sees it when it comes to basketball and doesn’t have an agenda. I enjoy his podcast and I think most here would find it (All Ball) a good listen.

VERY different from *******.
    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• I didn't like Gottlieb even before the FVV stuff. He's always been a putz
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Wasn't it Goatlube who said "Yeah, but we just don't know how good they really are...?"

His perspective concerning FVV was 'clouded' and that's putting it rather mildly...

Comment

• Meh, we were like 8 games into the season at that point. I'm not gonna crush a dude for having a contrary opinion to mine or having skepticism regarding WSU. We hadn't played Tennessee yet (who ended up as a top 10 KenPom team, but were in the mid-30s at the time we played them), and also hadn't proved ourselves over the course of a season. Whatever. I might disagree but it wasn't unreasonable at the time to say, "let's see how good this team is before providing a definitive answer." To take great offense to that line of thinking shows insecurity. Our resume ended up speaking for itself that season and beyond.

Also, it was NINE YEARS AGO. Give it up.
          Last edited by Kel Varnsen; February 15, 2023, 04:25 PM.
          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• HCIB continue to try and save his job. Two wins in a row with one being road win. WSU is now only 1 game out from finishing in 4th place. With 3 of the 4 remaining games being winnable.

Comment

• We'd have to win three out of the remaining four and make it to the conference finals for me to even consider wanting another year from IB.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                HCIB continue to try and save his job. Two wins in a row with one being road win. WSU is now only 1 game out from finishing in 4th place. With 3 of the 4 remaining games being winnable.
                A lot of games are winnable, not necessarily likely.

USF is the only most likely win.

Houston is most unlikely.

We lost to Tulane at home and Memphis is not their usual self, but both are more unlikely than not. A 2-2 split is not unreasonable, but 3-1????

Comment

• Our best win is 121. We might end up king of the midgets.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

A lot of games are winnable, not necessarily likely.

USF is the only most likely win.

Houston is most unlikely.

We lost to Tulane at home and Memphis is not their usual self, but both are more unlikely than not. A 2-2 split is not unreasonable, but 3-1????
                    HCIB back to the wall and he is going to pull out some magic rabbits. They pull some upsets and it will make it very hard to fire him.

Comment

HCIB continue to try and save his job. Two wins in a row with one being road win. WSU is now only 1 game out from finishing in 4th place. With 3 of the 4 remaining games being winnable.
                      And not even close to sniffing the NIT bubble.

What are the expectations of this basketball program now? Fighting for 4th in a one-bid league with losses to SWAC teams under the belt. That saves a job now?

Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

What are the expectations of this basketball program now? Fighting for 4th in a one-bid league with losses to SWAC teams under the belt. That saves a job now?
                        No.

Comment

• Expectations by most fans a 25-50 program. Reality with a buyout of a former HC and a current HC with a department with no money and from what I hear no prospects of a huge influx of cash so where is the realistic balance point here? Not saying where we are is acceptable but until the reality changes I don't see any other change happening at this time.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                            Expectations by most fans a 25-50 program. Reality with a buyout of a former HC and a current HC with a department with no money and from what I hear no prospects of a huge influx of cash so where is the realistic balance point here? Not saying where we are is acceptable but until the reality changes I don't see any other change happening at this time.
                            And if no change happens, all of those things just become worse as even less money will be flowing into the department.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

HCIB back to the wall and he is going to pull out some magic rabbits. They pull some upsets and it will make it very hard to fire him.
                              I'm thinking it may already be hard to fire him (for a number of reasons) and, if that is the case, I'm good with that if he AT LEAST finishes 2-2 for the regular season. He may have to also retain the top current players that can return (Rogers, Walton, Pohto). As for "magic rabbits", he should have pulled those out some time ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

There is a certain portion of the fan base making excuses for HCIB and making arguments why he should be retained. They don’t really care about expectations, as long as he is a player coach who gives milk and cookies and never says a harsh word.

Comment

Working...
                                X