Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

Honestly I like DeVries a lot for the reasons you mentioned. He went in like a Chris Jans and had immediate success. That doesn't happen by accident.

I cringe at the Creighton background just because I don't like them. Just like I cringed at the KU background for Turgeon. But that isn't a reason to NOT hire a guy.

If he is good, he is good.
    I agree with this and lets be honest with ourselves, being a long time Creighton assistant is probably a plus for him. That's been a long time successful program at our level and he knows first hand what kind of program this can be and the support it gets.

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
      Obviously Jans should be the clear #1, but if he says no you either gotta take a chance on Mill or DeVries who have had solid success in lower conferences or take a gamble and get a high level assistant at a highly successful program like Sampson
      For some reason, Mills gives me the Pj Fleck 'used car salesman' vibes.

Comment

• It'll be interesting to see what Furman and Drake do this week. If either makes the S16 that'd be the guy. Jans is a long-shot (and boy do I hope I'm wrong)...

Comment

• Pat Kelsey would be my #1 hope, I've watched a lot of Charleston games (I bet a lot and they're on TV, lol) - I absolutely love the intensity he coaches with. You can tell he cares, wants to win, but his guys love him.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan_realist View Post

Shaka Smart would be one that left a P5 job at Texas, though one could argue it was a mutual split
            Not even mutual, more like negotiated firing

Comment

• I wouldn't be surprised if it's Steve Prohm

Here's my list in order

Jans
              Chris Mack
              Turg
              Forbes
              Devries

Also - if you listen to the Kelvin Samson interview when they played here - knowing what we now know - you will here a lot of "suck up"

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

Three in the top 10, IDK if I have the patience to do 25. Terry with Texas (does that count?), Few at Gonzaga and Lloyd at Arizona.
                No Texas doesn't count. But still 2 out of 10 in the Top 10 is pretty impressive. Maybe I am a bit too risk averse.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by SkoShox View Post

For some reason, Mills gives me the Pj Fleck 'used car salesman' vibes.
                  Yea he for sure is the least desirable out of those 3
                  Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Originally posted by moshock View Post
                    I wouldn't be surprised if it's Steve Prohm

Also - if you listen to the Kelvin Samson interview when they played here - knowing what we now know - you will here a lot of "suck up"
                    This post needs a LOT more attention on two fronts. The Murray State connection is extremely important. And Kelvin was definitely sending a signal.
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by moshock View Post
                      I wouldn't be surprised if it's Steve Prohm
                      Steve Prohm went 0-18 in Big 12 conference play his last season at Iowa State. Hard pass.

Comment

• I don't think Prohm would excite the big money donors
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• We need donors back in, in a major way. I can't see Prohm being the guy who gets the fanbase bought back in -literally and figuratively.

Comment

• My primary concern with Paul Mills and Darian DeVries is that neither have shown an ability to attract quality recruits. In a conference like the AAC, you need athletes as much as you need a coach who can scheme.

Extra concern with Paul Mills is that he hasn't exactly dominated at ORU if you take this year out of the equation. DeVries has been a 20 game winner every season.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                              I don't think Prohm would excite the big money donors
                              Prohm makes me want to go back to bed

Comment

• I am not worried about Prohm.

I think Saal listens to the money. At least definitely considers it. I would bet Murray State boosters wanted Prohm back. Just an uneducated guess.
                                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Working...
                                X