Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pat Kelsey, I think

Comment

• Melvion Flanagan. First ever player coach in the NCAA’s!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

Jans grabbed a woman's butt in a bar. That woman didn't file a police report and didn't get involved in the mess that came from that.

He was unemployable for several years even though he was a proven winner. His rehab was two years of unemployment followed by getting a low-level job at WSU where he wasn't even an assistant coach.

that was for grabbing a woman's butt in a bar when the woman didn't complain.

When there's a police report that documents bruises, contusions, and bite marks on the woman, but doesn't document a single mark on the guy, it's pretty tough to claim self defense and make it go away.

WSU already has a former coach with well-documented anger management issues (Canada). Then there are allegations that he punched a player, which resulted in his termination. WSU CANNOT bring that coach back and expect him to recruit at anything resembling the level at which he previously recruited.

Bringing in another coach with obvious anger management issues who is facing possible felony domestic violence charges would be an incredibly stupid hire.

A coach has to be able to go into a recruit's home and talk to his mother. It could take a decade before Mama forgets that Marshall was alleged to be abusive. Mama isn't going to want Beard anywhere near her home. That's likely to fade into memory quicker than Marshall's alleged incidents.

The emotion that Marshall brought is what made him the successful coach that he was. That same high level of emotion is what eventually brought him down.

Bill Self cheated his a$$ off for years, and he's one of the most respected coaches. Marshall and Beard are on the other end of that spectrum. Make either of them the coach and the color commentators on TV will keep their indiscretions alive as long as they're coaching.

Winning is everything, but the ability to win has to be taken into consideration when hiring a coach. the ability to recruit and maintain recruits is the most important value a coach can have in the current environment. Marshall's record in his later years doesn't indicate that he had the ability to keep players in the program.

We've got an AAC top tier contender if the players who left under Marshall's watch were still here.
        Really well put

Comment

Jans grabbed a woman's butt in a bar. That woman didn't file a police report and didn't get involved in the mess that came from that.

He was unemployable for several years even though he was a proven winner. His rehab was two years of unemployment followed by getting a low-level job at WSU where he wasn't even an assistant coach.

When there's a police report that documents bruises, contusions, and bite marks on the woman, but doesn't document a single mark on the guy, it's pretty tough to claim self defense and make it go away.

WSU already has a former coach with well-documented anger management issues (Canada). Then there are allegations that he punched a player, which resulted in his termination. WSU CANNOT bring that coach back and expect him to recruit at anything resembling the level at which he previously recruited.

Bringing in another coach with obvious anger management issues who is facing possible felony domestic violence charges would be an incredibly stupid hire.

A coach has to be able to go into a recruit's home and talk to his mother. It could take a decade before Mama forgets that Marshall was alleged to be abusive. Mama isn't going to want Beard anywhere near her home. That's likely to fade into memory quicker than Marshall's alleged incidents.

The emotion that Marshall brought is what made him the successful coach that he was. That same high level of emotion is what eventually brought him down.

Bill Self cheated his a$$ off for years, and he's one of the most respected coaches. Marshall and Beard are on the other end of that spectrum. Make either of them the coach and the color commentators on TV will keep their indiscretions alive as long as they're coaching.

Winning is everything, but the ability to win has to be taken into consideration when hiring a coach. the ability to recruit and maintain recruits is the most important value a coach can have in the current environment. Marshall's record in his later years doesn't indicate that he had the ability to keep players in the program.

We've got an AAC top tier contender if the players who left under Marshall's watch were still here.

you mad bro ??? You sure are reading a lot into my post

Comment

• Originally posted by moshock View Post

you mad bro ??? You sure are reading a lot into my post
            Wasn't even considering your post. Just the general "Hire Beard"/"Hire Marshall" sentiments seen in this thread. I just posted why those would be incredibly bad hires. Want a winner? Right now, I don't think those two would be winners at anything resembling their previous successes.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Wasn't even considering your post. Just the general "Hire Beard"/"Hire Marshall" sentiments seen in this thread. I just posted why those would be incredibly bad hires. Want a winner? Right now, I don't think those two would be winners at anything resembling their previous successes.
              They are proven winners. I don't believe either will be coaching at WSU but WSU should go after the best and work down as needed. I was mostly trying to address those who say not a chance on this coach or that coach. You always try for the best.

Comment

So who would be better candidates, WuTheOne?
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

So who would be better candidates, WuTheOne?
                  The best available right now is beard. May not be interested, but you certainly make an opening phone call.

Comment

I knew a case once where someone who committed a crime lied to police. They attacked a person outside the bar. The non-inebriated and highly trained person they chose to attack easily defended off the strikes, but eventually the person tackled them and while on top of them continued to try to strike them and pulled their hair and tried to bite the person trying to defend themselves. The person inevitably had to cause physical harm to the attacker to get away. When the police arrived one person was taken to jail, the one without injury. Without the security footage from a neighbor, the attacker’s story would have been accepted as truth and the person that did everything they could to avoid hurting the other person would have wound up in jail.

Sometimes people lie to try to avoid consequences of their actions.

Comment

• Bump
                      The Assman

Comment

• I've been watching a lot of FAU games this season and Dusty May is an intriguing option. Has spent most of his career coaching in the southeast but he's from Indiana.

Comment

• Wish we had a coach with some passion like this. Vandy scored 63 points in the second half after this "tantrum".

https://twitter.com/kyle__boone/stat...3Vk7G0pGas6d2g

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                            Wish we had a coach with some passion like this. Vandy scored 63 points in the second half after this "tantrum".

https://twitter.com/kyle__boone/stat...3Vk7G0pGas6d2g
                            I will add this also. I really like seeing a coach who is dressed like a stud! Stackhouse looks sharp! I'm kinda over the bathrobe wearing coaches gear this year. What's up with the tennis shoes and sweats look?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post

I will add this also. I really like seeing a coach who is dressed like a stud! Stackhouse looks sharp! I'm kinda over the bathrobe wearing coaches gear this year. What's up with the tennis shoes and sweats look?
                              I don't mind the polo and slacks look that coaches used to reserve for the early-season tournaments. But yeah, I'm with you. Having a sweatsuit or even the untucked shirt with slacks looks terrible.
                              78-65

Comment

Bill Self cheated????? I'm stunned at that accusation......:)

Comment

Working...
                                X