Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When we re-hire Marshall, buy him a home with a Wichita address and I'll nominate him for mayor as well.
    Phi Alpha

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

I propose a ban for anyone seriously saying we should re-hire Marshall at this point. It wastes server space.
      OK

Comment

• Originally posted by Speed View Post
        When we re-hire Marshall, buy him a home with a Wichita address and I'll nominate him for mayor as well.
        He already has a house in Crestview!

Comment

• I say we interview Bryan Mullins even if it’s only to piss off SIU fans.

Comment

• One odd thing I remember about Turgeon is his express moral aversion to ever running a zone defense. Sure that's changed by now, hasn't it?

This article makes it sound like he still carried that torch at Maryland, at least initially:

The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Speed View Post
              When we re-hire Marshall, buy him a home with a Wichita address and I'll nominate him for mayor as well.
              I miss Gregg’s “Fly ICT” announcements at the airport.
              so much better than Mayor Whiplash announcements.

Comment

• Same here. Better ban me.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post
                  One odd thing I remember about Turgeon is his express moral aversion to ever running a zone defense. Sure that's changed by now, hasn't it?

This article makes it sound like he still carried that torch at Maryland, at least initially:

That and his hatred for blocking shots.
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Word on the street is he is looking to buy in Wichita.
                    This gave me tingles and I got light headed.
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• We could do a lot worse than Turg. I don't harbor any ill feelings toward him for the "at this level" comment, and I doubt he thinks that way these days. FHCGM showed him to what level WSU is capable of competing.
                      "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Probably good we didn't win tonight and give the keep IB any head wind

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                          We could do a lot worse than Turg. I don't harbor any ill feelings toward him for the "at this level" comment, and I doubt he thinks that way these days. FHCGM showed him to what level WSU is capable of competing.
                          We could also do A LOT better than Turg. We will never press, break a press or play zone. Can he recruit and be competitive "at this level?" The cupboard was bare when he left.

Comment

• Originally posted by swiltar71 View Post

We could also do A LOT better than Turg. We will never press, break a press or play zone. Can he recruit and be competitive "at this level?" The cupboard was bare when he left.
                            Do tell how we can do “A LOT better than Turg”.

Fascinating……

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Do tell how we can do “A LOT better than Turg”.

Fascinating……
                              I am thankful for Turg putting us back on the basketball map, but in the 14 yrs he coached at a&m and Maryland he went to 1 sweet 16 despite having much higher rated players. IMO, Jans (probably wouldn't come now but should be asked) or Heiar (probably would come now) would be a lot better. I think we would be mid-pack under Turg. I'm sure there are lots of guys who would be exciting hires. Turgeon is not one of those for me. Again, just my opinion (which really doesn't matter.)

Comment

• Originally posted by swiltar71 View Post

I am thankful for Turg putting us back on the basketball map, but in the 14 yrs he coached at a&m and Maryland he went to 1 sweet 16 despite having much higher rated players. IMO, Jans (probably wouldn't come now but should be asked) or Heiar (probably would come now) would be a lot better. I think we would be mid-pack under Turg. I'm sure there are lots of guys who would be exciting hires. Turgeon is not one of those for me. Again, just my opinion (which really doesn't matter.)
                                Heiar would not be a better hire than Turg
                                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Working...
                                X