Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by top20shock View Post
    Then re hire Marshall in April. (assuming he would want to coach at this point).
    You’re saying this seriously, and as a result, you need help.
    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

You don’t understand the arrogance of a Texas bred coach. This guy is an Austin pure blood.

it’s dumb to talk even about. The guy is completely radioactive and is facing legal charges.
      first off, I live in Texas and Austin is the least "Texas" of Texas. It's a bunch of transplants that want to be cool. Secondly, he's from The Woodlands, north of Houston. He may be Texas through and through but I would not rule him out just because of his Texas roots.

Comment

• We need somebody who, after a game last night, will not say "I'm gonna keep doin what I been doin"

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
          Not if the DA drops the case.
          The DA won’t drop the case in all likelihood. Austin is run by Communists, Men hating Feminists and fairy dust salesmen beta males. The Feminists in the DA’s office there will do everything they can to nail Beards nuts to the wall then go out for wine spritzers afterwards to celebrate.

That said he has very good legal representation and his Fiancée has changed her tune but the police report she made is now part of the record.

I’d guess they’ll plea it down to a misdemeanor, be on probation and will have to take a class and pay some fines.
          Last edited by top20shock; January 6, 2023, 01:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

first off, I live in Texas and Austin is the least "Texas" of Texas. It's a bunch of transplants that want to be cool. Secondly, he's from The Woodlands, north of Houston. He may be Texas through and through but I would not rule him out just because of his Texas roots.
            I live in Austin.

Comment

I live in Austin.
              haha, I guess you know what I'm talking about then. The Californians love it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

haha, I guess you know what I'm talking about then. The Californians love it.
                Lots of kooks here. I remember my KS roots. Fun party town.

Comment

• WSU is not hiring Beard.

Comment

• Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
                    If we have another incident (violence against players or domestic violence), the consequences could be far worse than what we saw with Marshall. That's just the way the cookie crumbles. Look at SMU. They just got probation for paying players in 1980, but the next time they got with a repeat violator clause and had their entire next season canceled. Or look at Louisville, who followed up the 2015 sex scandal with recruiting violations. We see the results they are getting on the court. Or look at Indiana, who slapped Bob Knight on the wrist in 2000 after investigating and shortly thereafter fired him. They went from a blue blood to an also-ran and have yet to recover.

The public scrutiny of a university is much higher on a repeated violations. It is extremely difficult to recover from a reputation. As Bush once said: "There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."
                    I don't buy this. Look at Baylor University. Murders, rapes and scandals galore. I don't see much negativity from media or many folks for that matter. In fact, they were able to raise plenty of cash for their football stadium, post scandals. And they are still competitive in many top sports.

Comment

I live in Austin.
                      Figures.
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Jans is certainly a long shot. But I wish our former “stubborn, stupid” AD would have gone after him two years ago.

MSU’s record is currently 11-3, and they are leading Ole Miss 18-10 with 8 minutes left in the 1st half. His team plays quick, aggressive M/M defense, with constant pressure on the ball. Do you remember seeing that kind of defense? MSU’s defense is currently ranked 15th nationally according to the Play by Play guys doing the game. They also mentioned Chris coaching with GGG so he’s worked for good coaches.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

I love 2G, but we probably need to see a bit more success at D1 level from him before we bring him back to be our HC. Aside from shooting fiasco, his team hasn't exactly lit the world on fire this season.
                          PASS

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

PASS
                            Why?

Comment

• Gregg is not going to coach here.

Chris Beard is not going to coach here.

There will be a new coach here next fall.

Carry on.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                                Gregg is not going to coach here.

Chris Beard is not going to coach here.

There will be a new coach here next fall.

Carry on.
                                Apologies, I thought that previous message was referring to Greg Heiar. He’s only in his first season, but I don’t see why he couldn’t be a viable candidate to replace IB.

Comment

Working...
                                X