Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

Bill Self cheated????? I'm stunned at that accusation......:)
    WuDrWu is going to need to sit down for awhile to contemplate that.
    78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
      Wish we had a coach with some passion like this. Vandy scored 63 points in the second half after this "tantrum".

https://twitter.com/kyle__boone/stat...3Vk7G0pGas6d2g
      He's mean. He should be fired. They should hire someone who is nice to the players and refs.

In all seriousness though, which method do you think kids would respond more to? I feel that when kids see a coach who is outwardly fiery and passionate they will gravitate towards that and have that same passion.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
        Wish we had a coach with some passion like this. Vandy scored 63 points in the second half after this "tantrum".

https://twitter.com/kyle__boone/stat...3Vk7G0pGas6d2g
        He looks great in that suit too!
        The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post

I will add this also. I really like seeing a coach who is dressed like a stud! Stackhouse looks sharp! I'm kinda over the bathrobe wearing coaches gear this year. What's up with the tennis shoes and sweats look?
          Johnston's won't even allow IB to do any of their commercials, or maybe he didn't want any free suits/clothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Johnston's won't even allow IB to do any of their commercials, or maybe he didn't want any free suits/clothing.
            I don’t attribute the lack of dressing snazzy to IB himself. Coaches across the board are dressing more casually after COVID, and I gotta say, I would prefer a quarter zip and slacks as opposed to wearing a suit. I’m all about comfort. And for most college coaches, it’s more likely to hide their gut haha. Hell, even Jay Wright was wearing quarter zips last season.

All that to say, I don’t fault coaches for dressing down a bit. But I would love for a coach to show up in a three-piece suit and a driver’s cap and say, “Sonny, I’m here to coach.” Would be awesome.
            Last edited by Kel Varnsen; January 17, 2023, 12:36 PM.
            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

Wasn't even considering your post. Just the general "Hire Beard"/"Hire Marshall" sentiments seen in this thread. I just posted why those would be incredibly bad hires. Want a winner? Right now, I don't think those two would be winners at anything resembling their previous successes.
              No evidence other than your own totally unsupported opinion. We know you hate Gregg. You don’t have to keep saying it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

I don’t attribute the lack of dressing snazzy to IB himself. Coaches across the board are dressing more casually after COVID, and I gotta say, I would prefer a quarter zip and slacks as opposed to wearing a suit. I’m all about comfort. And for most college coaches, it’s more likely to hide their gut haha. Hell, even Jay Wright was wearing quarter zips last season.

All that to say, I don’t fault coaches for dressing down a bit. But I would love for a coach to show up in a three-piece suit and a driver’s cap and say, “Sonny, I’m here to coach.” Would be awesome.
                The funny thing is, a well tailored suit can make them look slimmer and fitter.

Can’t hide anything behind an untucked polo shirt.
                Last edited by Shock Top; January 17, 2023, 01:42 PM.
                The Assman

Comment

• Also, the smart casual look can be fine, if they put some work into it like P.J. Fleck at Minnestoa

I will forever be team suit-and-tie, but if coaches at least gave an effort to look look sharp in the dressed down look, I could buy into it more.
                  The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post

I heard that discussions with 3G are under way.
                    ...on if he'd like the remainder of his contract paid in bitcoin or dogecoin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

But the point is, Johnston’s still wouldn’t want IB to do their commercials.

Comment

But the point is, Johnston’s still wouldn’t want IB to do their commercials.
                        To be fair, Gregg wouldn’t be doing Johnston’s commercials either. They closed last Christmas.

78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

To be fair, Gregg wouldn’t be doing Johnston’s commercials either. They closed last Christmas.
                          But while they were there, he got a lot of free suits.

Comment

But while they were there, he got a lot of free suits.
                            That, he did. Gregg knew that "good clothing opens all doors."
                            78-65

Comment

• He currently makes $285K/season base.
                              Been doing it quite while. 49 years old, iirc. Lots of solid assistant coaching experience along with being the all time wins coach at Kent.
                              Here's his breakdown:

https://kentstatesports.com/sports/m...h%20219%20wins.

Comment

• Senderoff??? But he barely knew her!
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X