Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I don't want Turgeon, I don't want Marshall, an... #$ #.><# <>@>>, .23.3.>>@>#>>$..#.>>@ .>>.&*$

I pulled the chord out of my modem.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• IMO, Zach and Garrett did a fine job with in-game coaching with the AfterShox...

Comment

• Turgeon is a great option for the exact same reason he was a successful hire 20 years ago. He won’t have us competing for a national championship but he will turn the program around. Sorry to burst some bubbles but John Beilein isn’t signing up to take over the ashes left by Isaac Brown whenever the fire eventually goes out. Beilein will get and probably has already gotten way better offers. Will the AAC even be a better conference than the MVC mid-2000s after we lose the Big XII members?

A Pat Kelsey or Bob Richey might turn us into a powerhouse or they might send us into a cellar that will be almost impossible to ever recover from. Turgeon will 100% have us competing for AAC championships and we’ll be in a way better spot to hire a Beilein when Turgeon decides to retire. Turgeon should be way cheaper too and maybe we can stockpile some cash to hit a home run in a few years.

Comment

• Pasternack is intriguing. He has done an excellent job at UCSB. Overall record of 113-46 (.711 win %); went to the NCAA tourney in 2021 and might have gone in 2020 without Covid. Was an Associate HC at Arizona before UCSB. Good recruiter and developer of players.

https://www.ucsbgauchos.com/sports/m...k-Joe?view=bio

Comment

• If Saal does a national search and finds Turgeon to be the best option, I'm good with it. The positives far outweigh the negatives. I know some people still are burnt up about him leaving and the "at this level" comments. Time heals all wounds and a few 20+ win seasons and NCAA appearances probably would as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
              I don't want Turgeon, I don't want Marshall, and I don't want a Marshall assistant. It reeks of a lack of confidence in ourselves and our AD if our idea of a 'national search' consists of people we've already had in the building. If we had that mentality in the past, we wouldn't have had Turgeon or Marshall.

The time has come to rebuild the program and to get the best coach possible in the building. And that means looking outside our own shadow. We aren't in the MVC anymore, we don't need a local connection to grab a coach, and we aren't so weak or pathetic that we need to crawl back on our knees to beg a past coach to lift us up. Or worse, to beg their assistants, who themselves have issues. Obviously, the same is true of local JuCo coaches. We didn't find Marshall in the tri-county area or from Turgeon's coaching tree.

We are in hot water now precisely because our idea of a national coaching search was to scan the building. And yet, people seem to want to again limit our options to sorting through the local lost and found and begging our exes for forgiveness.

We can poach a coach from another team. We can get a big name. We have the money, we have facilities, we have the fan support, and we have the recent national spotlight. We need to trust the AD, rather than acting like our success is a fluke we don't think can happen again unless we retread our steps exactly and stay on the beaten path.

Right now the names on my tongue are Chris Mack, Jim Beilein, Shaka Smart, and Joe Pasternack. But the point is isn't the names, it the size of the net.
              You don’t want Marshall or Turgeon then you list 3 lesser coaches and one that would not take the job. ?????
              Regarding confidence. Why would we be confident? Our program is in the dumper partly due to recent performance and partly because when our coach becomes a legend we use wokeness to force him out. Who would want to work for a place that doesn’t give them the benefit of the doubt.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                Mark is 87th all time in wins in men's college basketball. ALL TIME. Not at West Texas.... at 4 different schools against some of the best competition that exists.

If he wants it, REALLY wants it, I challenge anyone to do better.
                Where did you see Mark 87th on an all times win list? He has 476 victories. He's not on the NCAA list of the top 125 coaches.

Comment

• I wonder if Turfin still lurks occasionally here?

Comment

• Originally posted by cjp27 View Post
                    If Saal does a national search and finds Turgeon to be the best option, I'm good with it. The positives far outweigh the negatives. I know some people still are burnt up about him leaving and the "at this level" comments. Time heals all wounds and a few 20+ win seasons and NCAA appearances probably would as well.
                    He definitely showed some emotions while coaching...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by btp1029 View Post

Where did you see Mark 87th on an all times win list? He has 476 victories. He's not on the NCAA list of the top 125 coaches.
                      I’d take 103…
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

I’d take 103…
                        ... versus Bernie Lomax?

P.S. I have to watch 'Weekend at Bernies' again soon... what a hoot!

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

... versus Bernie Lomax?

P.S. I have to watch 'Weekend at Bernies' again soon... what a hoot!
                          Never could get into it. I don't think it's funny at all. I also can't stand The Eagles, Bruce Springsteen or chocolate. So there's that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post

Never could get into it. I don't think it's funny at all. I also can't stand The Eagles, Bruce Springsteen or chocolate. So there's that.
                            C’mon man! My wife (my wife) would say the same thing. “Honey, you have a sick sense of humor.” Different strokes for different folks.

Comment

• Originally posted by btp1029 View Post

Comment

• The only silver lining from hiring Richey and him failing would be that we could find 76 and remind him about the Peter Principle.
                                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Working...
                                X