Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

Not sure. Kaupan is a good gig. Wasn’t there someone from Celtics we used to post about?
    Danny Angie is defiantly involved, don't worry.
    The Assman

Comment

• If you want an immediate rebuild, hire Griffin if he's interested. He could recruit 5 "roll the ball out" guys and then actually coach them. Want to get to the NBA? How about playing for a guy with SOLID and CURRENT NBA connections. Need a PG? How about the guy who's been coaching Fred VanVleet?

Griffin could cover being the main recruiter and the X's and O's guy. That leaves him with 3 assistants to steer him through college ball and the NCAA. I don't think there's a lot of risk.

Walk into some 4* or 5* recruits house and introduce yourself as the former associate head coach of the Raptors who loves Wichita and wants to coach players on their way to the NBA. Ideal coach in the transfer portal era.

Another plus. He's familiar with how much money there is available to pay players and how to split that money up among players to get the best combination of players for the money available. NBA experience is a plus with free agency and the equivalent of a salary cap (based on what your collective can pay).
      Last edited by Aargh; March 11, 2023, 11:00 PM.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Drunk on his stupidity...
        Geez. I read that too. What an arrogant piece of work he is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post

Geez. I read that too. What an arrogant piece of work he is.
          He wants to call me...lol

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

He wants to call me...lol
            He hasn't quite figured out how this new fangled "internet" thing works

Comment

• I’d be pretty happy with Sampson given he was willing to stick around awhile. Lot of good assistant coaches out there looking for their first HC gig, and he’d have the familiarity with our program and the blueprint to have a lottt of success defensively. On the other hand…totally understand being wary of hiring another first time HC.

Comment

• It's been a long time I'm posting here, but I am ready to move on to next coach, Marshall spoiled me, and set the bar high in terms of results and winning. Here's to the future... cheers

Comment

• I named Sampson back in December or January as a candidate id like, but I think jans should be #1, griffin #2, sampson#3.
                  Last edited by Atxshoxfan; March 12, 2023, 07:25 AM.

Comment

• I’ll take Jay Wright

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                      I hope the new coach brings back the tradition of wearing a suit.

I know some think its silly, but to me its a signal of professionalism, leadership, and respect.
                      If he can win I wouldn't care if he coached in boxer shorts

Comment

• I think DeVries would be great bringing his son with him who averaged 19 pts/game this year and two more years of PT. Move JP to SF and JW to a stretch four PF. Find a stud PG and there is a solid starting five providing no one jumps ship. Abidde, Bell, Myles, Rogers and QB would make a nice bench. Pipe dream but sounds good to me.

Comment

• DeVries is of the Dana, Wookie coaching tree. I’d personally pass on that branch of coaching. But I’m BJ biased.

Comment

• It's not at all significant in the long run, but I don't love the fact that Kellen Sampson will probably only be available to take the job in April considering Houston is a F4 contender.

I understand that ******* reported Jans isn't interested, but if donors are throwing their weight behind it I think ADKS has to at least make him say no.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
                              It's not at all significant in the long run, but I don't love the fact that Kellen Sampson will probably only be available to take the job in April considering Houston is a F4 contender.

I understand that ******* reported Jans isn't interested, but if donors are throwing their weight behind it I think ADKS has to at least make him say no.
                              His base salary is 2.4 mil, and who knows what the contract looks like with performance incentives. I’m not saying it’s not possible, but I’m doubting.
                              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• I'm open to a number of possibilities.

I would take Griffin or Sampson over bringing back Turgeon.

I understand those that are skeptical of an assistant, but as I've said many times and someone else mentioned it recently, some are groomed to be top dogs and some aren't. Brown wasn't. Sampson and Griffin are.

Of course, if they found a way to get Jans here that's a grandslam hire. I have my doubts that it could be pulled off, but would welcome him with open arms.
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X