Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Looks like he is retiring. If he is exhausted with the situation at ND, I doubt the situation at WSU would appear attractive.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Looks like he is retiring. If he is exhausted with the situation at ND, I doubt the situation at WSU would appear attractive.
        It would appear so. However, he has been on the hot seat in South Bend for a few years now so you never know if he still has some fire in his belly.

Comment

• 3G

Comment

• Who, indeed..
            The Assman

Comment

• Set up a lottery and let the winner coach.

Comment

• I hope, if nothing else, that we're all in agreement now that NMSU HCGH is not to be considered a candidate for this job.

The Aggies are 0-7 in the WAC. Lost at Southern Utah by almost FORTY tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  I hope, if nothing else, that we're all in agreement now that NMSU HCGH is not to be considered a candidate for this job.

He may have already blown his first D1 gig.

Comment

I hope, if nothing else, that we're all in agreement now that NMSU HCGH is not to be considered a candidate for this job.

Some coaches are built to be great assistant coaches but not head coaches.

As we look into the mirror.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• woof 0-7 consider my opinion changed

Comment

• Obviously he's had a rough start and a brutal year. Winning is hard, running a program is even more difficult. Hopefully he'll learn and get better. That's how it mostly works.

Comment

Obviously he's had a rough start and a brutal year. Winning is hard, running a program is even more difficult. Hopefully he'll learn and get better. That's how it mostly works.
                          In Coach Heiar's defense, the Aggies entered the season in search of an almost entirely new roster as the Aggies lost 12 members from last year's squad due to graduation or the transfer portal, including the entire starting lineup from last season either graduated or transferred to another program. With the departures, the Aggies lost over 90% of their total points, rebounds, assists, steals, field goals and free throws from last season. This marks the lowest percentage of returning points, rebounds and assists in the country.

One of the 2 returning players, 6-7 Mike Peake who played at Georgia for one season and at Austin Peay for one season before transferring to NMSU last year, has only played in 2 games at the beginning of the season. He was the player involved in the shooting at the University of New Mexico. Interestingly, Peake is still listed on the roster.

Also of interest NMSU has 20 players listed on their roster but excluding Peake only 11 show up on the stat sheet.

In any case, Coach Heiar inherited a very tough situation that was only made worse by the shooting incident early in the season.

Obviously, I don't think you can take a chance on him at this point but he probably needs a few more years to prove what he can do.
                          Last edited by 1972Shocker; January 20, 2023, 05:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

In Coach Heiar's defense, the Aggies entered the season in search of almost entirely new roster as the Aggies lost 12 members from last year's squad due to graduation or the transfer portal, including the entire starting lineup from last season either graduated or transferred to another program. With the departures, the Aggies lost over 90% of their total points, rebounds, assists, steals, field goals and free throws from last season. This marks the lowest percentage of returning points, rebounds and assists in the country.

One of the 2 returning players, 6-7 Mike Peake who played at Georgia for one season and at Austin Peay for one season before transferring to NMSU last year, has only played in 2 games at the beginning of the season. He was the player involved in the shooting at the University of New Mexico. Interestingly, Peake is still listed on the roster.

Also of interest NMSU has 20 players listed on their roster but excluding Peake only 11 show up on the stat sheet.

In any case, Coach Heiar inherited a very tough situation that was only made worse by the shooting incident early in the season.

Obviously, I don't think you can take a chance on him at this point but he probably needs a few more years to prove what he can do.
                            That story sounds vaguely familiar

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

That story sounds vaguely familiar
                              If you're referring to HCIB, "vaguely familiar" should not even apply.

HCIB had 7 returners from his interim season, most of which were key components for the team. They knew him and he knew them. He only lost seniors (or transferring seniors) and seldom used players from his "first" team. One could say HCIB was the reason for our mass exodus. His third year at the helm (official head coach or not) was almost a total rebuild. However, he still had 4 returners, 2 key in Porter and Pohto, plus IPBC coming back who IB knew.

Brown did nothing close to walking into a complete rebuild day 1.

Comment

• Just to be fair, and I know you all do, Heier brought three players with him From Northwest Florida State.

Comment

Working...
                                X