Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
    I think Mark Madsen should get a look.
    Love the Mad Dog!! His dance and speech at the Lakers championship parade was epic!!

Coaching Highlights:

He is 68-50 in his four years at Utah Valley including two regular season WAC titles. Has been 46-20 in his last two seasons. Beat New Mexico by 14 in the NIT first round Tuesday.

https://gouvu.com/sports/mens-basket...rk-madsen/2135
    Last edited by MikeKennedyRulZ; March 17, 2023, 01:16 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

When were you right about something?
      I never claimed to know everything about college basketball, but I do know this, with certainty; if Fogler is on the search committee for a new coach WSU basketball is ******, just like the last time he gifted the team with a coach. That's not even debatable.

Last edited by ShockingButTrue; March 17, 2023, 05:11 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Sup Buffon?

Been awhile.
        Once a dingleberry, always a dingleberry...

Comment

• Madsen is certainly worth consideration

Comment

• So just FYI here are some articles for people confused on the search firm. The list of hires they've facilitated are long and pretty impressive, including the new Big 12 Commissioner.

Our sports team has conducted the following searches: Sports Executives Athletic Directors Coaches Sports Executives Chief Executive Officer, Advocates for Athletic Equity President of Sports Marketing, ANC Sports Enterprises, LLC Communications Manager, Atlanta United FC

The Parker Executive Search Sports Search Process demands confidentiality and we complete most coach searches within 10-14 days and sports executive searches within 4-5 weeks, depending on the client's timetable. PES distinguishes itself with its proprietary database of sports executives, athletic directors, and collegiate & professional head & assistant coaches.

Comment

• Are people seriously upset that we are using a search firm? Jim Schaus literally used this exact firm to assist in hiring Gregg. It’s SOP for competent leaders to use this in their search process.
              78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan_realist View Post
                So just FYI here are some articles for people confused on the search firm. The list of hires they've facilitated are long and pretty impressive, including the new Big 12 Commissioner.

Our sports team has conducted the following searches: Sports Executives Athletic Directors Coaches Sports Executives Chief Executive Officer, Advocates for Athletic Equity President of Sports Marketing, ANC Sports Enterprises, LLC Communications Manager, Atlanta United FC

The Parker Executive Search Sports Search Process demands confidentiality and we complete most coach searches within 10-14 days and sports executive searches within 4-5 weeks, depending on the client's timetable. PES distinguishes itself with its proprietary database of sports executives, athletic directors, and collegiate & professional head & assistant coaches.
                It’s a smart move to use one. Just helps get a lot of the legwork done in terms of references, scheduling, background checks, etc. Plus the search has additional contacts and resources that can be used. Gene Taylor used one when he hired Klieman and Tang.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                  Are people seriously upset that we are using a search firm? Jim Schaus literally used this exact firm to assist in hiring Gregg. It’s SOP for competent leaders to use this in their search process.
                  The only people upset with it are those that are pissed about IB and trying to bring down Saal because of it.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• If only we had used a search firm with our last MBB hire.
                    Go Shocks!

Comment

• Also, search firms are used for every high profile hire both inside and outside the sports world.
                      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• A lot of the names that have been talked about are now available. Nonetheless, I'm guessing it will be a week or more before we hear anything. The search firm is tasked with compiling some names, and Saal probably will (and should) at least speak to all of them.

We're also in the same market for these guys as some other teams. As the Eldridge article earlier implied, the big domino waiting to fall is the Notre Dame job. There's also Texas Tech, but I think we're on a pretty even footing with them. So, just as we are shopping around for coaches, the coaches may be shopping around for schools.
                        The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• I wonder if those facebook group children think the search firm will actually do the hiring?

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post
                            A lot of the names that have been talked about are now available. Nonetheless, I'm guessing it will be a week or more before we hear anything. The search firm is tasked with compiling some names, and Saal probably will (and should) at least speak to all of them.

We're also in the same market for these guys as some other teams. As the Eldridge article earlier implied, the big domino waiting to fall is the Notre Dame job. There's also Texas Tech, but I think we're on a pretty even footing with them. So, just as we are shopping around for coaches, the coaches may be shopping around for schools.
                            Some people might diasagree that WSU is on equal footing with TT. They are in the big 12 minus 2 plus 4 but we do have Wichita and they have Lubbock.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post

Some people might diasagree that WSU is on equal footing with TT. They are in the big 12 minus 2 plus 4 but we do have Wichita and they have Lubbock.
                              Pretty sure the Taylor article quoted at least one of the national types and they said we were in the same realm as TT. I'm sure Wichita would be more attractive to a number of coaches.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• UND is a big school, for sure. It's going to take someone special to win there though, competing against both Football and the other great basketball schools in the conference.

It could/would be tough to beat them out for a coach, but that's why you have to have the right sell.
                                The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X