Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post
    I haven't seen Griffin mentioned as a candidate lately. Did I miss something that took him off of everyone's list?
    Mixed messages from Taylor. First he said he was no longer interested, then he said he's an intriguing possibility. I think in my case I figured we'd be hearing actual talk if it were him as I don't think him leaving Toronto to take over would be delayed because of the NBA season. Staudamire was on the bench somewhere when he accepted the Georgia Tech job recently.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• After reading Taylor's article, I am more and more leaning towards Sampson. Dad would have a place to stay when he came up to watch the junior college tournament.

Comment

• I haven't seen it mentioned (probably overlooked) but Amir Abdur-Rahim better be on your radar. Played and coached with Billy Kennedy. His team is tough as nails. No idea if he's ready to run a program with the size and scope of WSU, but I like the way his guys handle themselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          I haven't seen it mentioned (probably overlooked) but Amir Abdur-Rahim better be on your radar. Played and coached with Billy Kennedy. His team is tough as nails. No idea if he's ready to run a program with the size and scope of WSU, but I like the way his guys handle themselves.
          I hinted at it in the NCAA thread. Loving his team and Kennedy is sitting with his brother at the game I believe.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

I mostly agree, but Lubbock pretty much is a dusty ghost town...
            Yes. If God were going to give the earth an enema, Lubbock is where he would stick the hose.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockersx View Post

Stop it, you’re making me blush
              Actually it was nice way to tell you that you have issues, but they can be solved.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockersx View Post

Yup. Been several times. Just saying it’s a bit more than folks think is all.
                Watching the Hawks?
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• There is no GM like candidates out there from my research but John Becker of Vermont has a pretty similar background. Meaning, dominant in his league for several years while posting a lofty winning percentage but always seeded very low in the Tourney.
                  He’s older (52) and been there 13 years but Vermont has unique fan culture by being the focus of the community.
                  No idea if he could be the guy here just interesting researching him and Vermont a bit.
                  If you're not going to go all the way, why go?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoxFan7 View Post
                    He’s older (52)
                    ss.jpg
                    The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Not the case at least with the coach. I think some of the stadium rebuild might be sourced as you say.
                      You are looking at the 2023 budget? I think it wouldn't show up until 2024 or even 2025.
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post
                        By older I meant older than GM when he left Winthrop to come here.
                        If you're not going to go all the way, why go?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoxFan7 View Post

By older I meant older than GM when he left Winthrop to come here.
                          Just shitting you. I'm not 52, but it isn't too far away for me.
                          The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            I haven't seen it mentioned (probably overlooked) but Amir Abdur-Rahim better be on your radar. Played and coached with Billy Kennedy. His team is tough as nails. No idea if he's ready to run a program with the size and scope of WSU, but I like the way his guys handle themselves.
                            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Watching the Hawks?
                              Never attended a KU game in my life. Appreciate your interest in my personal matters Fev.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post

Just shitting you. I'm not 52, but it isn't too far away for me.
                                Puppies.
                                now instead of being an old man in the middle age group, you'll become the stud of the geriatric group.

Comment

Working...
                                X