Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post

Hmmmm, we had four good players this year. Two graduated and the other two are half way out the door. No coaching staff presently recruiting high school or portal players. Call me pessimistic.
    I guess I have more faith than you do. Even if it takes a good coach a year or two to reload....I am good with it.

Marshall didn't exactly do amazing his first year or two, people were freaking out and that worked out ok.
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Plus, there is no guarantee the current players would work well within the system of a new coach.

Not to mention the portal will still have PLENTY of people in it over the next few weeks.
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Hmmmm, we had four good players this year. Two graduated and the other two are half way out the door. No coaching staff presently recruiting high school or portal players. Call me pessimistic.
        Again, the transfer portal will solve some of these issues. You can actually upgrade talent through the portal, which just opened, so there’s gonna be tons more players available as their seasons come to an end. Not having a coach recruit at the moment isn’t unusual during a search.

we also have one signed HS commit, meaning IB was going to have to continue recruiting HS prospects this spring anyways. All is not lost here. Keep your head. K-State had 2 returning players this year and their roster turned out just fine.

Comment

• I'm just venting. Game has changed for the worse since the GM era. The portal and NIL are ruining it for me. I am old school.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Mark’s cheese done slid off his cracker…
            Along time ago. Remember him talking up IB. No respect for his opinions on anything.

Comment

I'm just venting. Game has changed for the worse since the GM era. The portal and NIL are ruining it for me. I am old school.
              Add to that the shortened shot clock.

Comment

I'm just venting. Game has changed for the worse since the GM era. The portal and NIL are ruining it for me. I am old school.
                Iseeit the same way asiseeit. Between what you just stated plus the abortion that Buttwrong was responsible for, my mind has definitely wandered from CBB.

Comment

I don’t disagree. Hard to get as invested anymore

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                    Plus, there is no guarantee the current players would work well within the system of a new coach.

Not to mention the portal will still have PLENTY of people in it over the next few weeks.
                    Guessing the new coach will be bringing a handful of player with him. We'll be fine.

Comment

• Most of us were unhappy with buttrights snapped coaching hire of IB. Now some are loosing patience with this hire. I think KS is examining this with a magnifying glass and will make what he feels, is a great hire. It may be good, it may not be so good, but at least he's not taking the easy way out.

Comment

• It seemed like a long shot for Charleston to dance this Season. According to Lindy's Mag. Pat Kelsey lost 4 starters and 3 transfers. They missed advancing but were fun to watch and played their hearts out.
                        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                          It seemed like a long shot for Charleston to dance this Season. According to Lindy's Mag. Pat Kelsey lost 4 starters and 3 transfers. They missed advancing but were fun to watch and played their hearts out.
                          I agree. Mainly just hoping for about anyone but Mills.

Comment

I feel your pain.

Comment

Whoever the new hire is I hope he can convince KP, JW and JP to stay or bring 2-3 STUDS with him. Right now, I think the attractiveness of our program seems diminished and a dynamic hire may not be possible. Someone prove me wrong !
                              I get being pessimistic so you don’t get hurt because I’m the same way, but I do get tired of the people who throw out a bunch of negative thoughts and then follow it up with “I hope I’m wrong though” cause then if they’re right they say I told you so and if they’re wrong they say yeah I said I hope I was wrong. It sucks going all-in when you don’t know the result but we gotta go all-in folks

Comment

Whoever the new hire is I hope he can convince KP, JW and JP to stay or bring 2-3 STUDS with him. Right now, I think the attractiveness of our program seems diminished and a dynamic hire may not be possible. Someone prove me wrong !
                                If our possible hire is at all swayed by one guy entering the portal then he’s too short sighted to be the hire.

Comment

Working...
                                X