Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post

Yep. If true, it was kind of a crappy thing for MT to do, in my view. When we have our real guy, the implication is, “Coach X is our guy, but if we’d had our druthers, we really would have wanted Turgeon.”
    Seems pretty consistent with the way he treated Wichita State on the way out the door.

Comment

• Originally posted by Regul8te View Post

Seems pretty consistent with the way he treated Wichita State on the way out the door.
      Go****n right.

He left WSU with a 6'7" post.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan_realist View Post
        So just out of curiousity, why the hate for DeVries and Richey? I’m all for Pat Kelsey as #1 but I’d also be happy with either of the first two. From what I’ve heard, sounds like we might have our guy lined up, just waiting for him to be done coaching. Press conference is planned just waiting for the date
        And where are you hearing this from?

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Go****n right.

He left WSU with a 6'7" post.
          Ransacked the roster…. Like “The Grinch Who Stole Next Season“

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Dingleberry is just a synonym for 'Troll.' Hate ain't got nothing to do with it. It's what someone resorts to when she/it can't intelligently hold a conversation with someone who has a different opinion, even if it's factually based. I've seen it. You've seen it. So, either he/she can't debate in a proper fashion or he's off of his meds again and needs to get back on them. Or, better yet, he/she can do like doc does and ignore me if he, a) disagrees with what I post (even when I'm right), or, b) ignore the post if he/she can't just plain comprehend what was posted. ADKS better not screw this up...

Usually when someone can’t handle debate, they resort to repetitive third-grade name-calling.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• As a lifelong Shocker basketball fan who had the pleasure of cheering on 'the bookends' and the 'X-Man' as a junior high student in the 'Roundhouse,' I believe that A.D. Saal should seriously consider bringing back Gregg '3G' Marshall. It goes without saying that Marshall was undisciplined, unprofessional and mistreated his players while he coached the Shockers! While everyone acknowledges this, we overlook the fact that the former W.S.U. Athletic Director and university administration shoulder a good portion of the blame for 3G's misdeeds. Based on my experience as an administrator and former high school coach, I believe that the more talented a person is, the more challenging it is going to be for them to reign in and control their impulses, pride, issues and demons. This is why it is crucial to employ supervisors who have mastered the 'art and science' of managing and handling 'the talent.' W.S.U.’s athletic director and university administration didn’t effectively correct, coach, reprimand and give feedback to 3G when issues occurred around the program (as well as on campus). As a result of the administrations failure to properly manage or 'check him' on minor things (I believe they eventually manifested into big things as he had more success). When Coach Marshall's misbehavior became public knowledge, W.S.U.'s administrations failures became exposed and they couldn’t articulate how they ‘managed’ him. If W.S.U. had reprimanded, fined, required counseling/ therapy sessions or suspended 3G, then I don't believe that his behavior would have continued to the level that it did. I also believe that the administration's inactivity placed them in a position whereby they felt like they had to fire him (to avoid being blamed and for his actions). Taking this into consideration, I feel that 3G has paid his dues to society. If he were rehired there could be stipulations in his contract which: (1.) require counseling, (2.) clearly define unacceptable behavior and related consequences (including termination) and (3.) require community service. The community service could include speaking to youth and community organizations about respect, character, values, decision making and other pertinent topics. Although 3G mistreated his players and was unprofessional, he is still part of Shocker Nation! At his age, he still has talent and gifts that can be used to make positive contributions to our community. As a society, we can't afford to continue to just 'cancel' individuals as a result of their mistakes! Rehiring Gregg Marshall would allow him to (1.) continue what he started with Shocker basketball, (2.) 'make things right' in the community and within his spirit, (3.) receive the support that he needs and (4.) serve as an example of the power of redemption. #MTXE!

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Usually when someone can’t handle debate, they resort to repetitive third-grade name-calling.
                  I’m surprised he hasn’t tried to dox you to find your cell number.
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by X-ManFan View Post
                    As a lifelong Shocker basketball fan who had the pleasure of cheering on 'the bookends' and the 'X-Man' as a junior high student in the 'Roundhouse,' I believe that A.D. Saal should seriously consider bringing back Gregg '3G' Marshall. It goes without saying that Marshall behaved like an arrogant, undisciplined brute and bully while he coached the Shockers! While everyone acknowledges this, we overlook the fact that the former W.S.U. Athletic Director and university administration shoulder a good portion of the blame for 3G's misdeeds. Based on my experience as an administrator and former high school coach, I believe that the more talented a person is, the more challenging it is going to be for them to reign in and control their impulses, pride, issues and demons. This is why it is crucial to employ supervisors who have mastered the 'art and science' of managing and handling 'the talent.' W.S.U.’s athletic director and university president did a 'piss poor' job of correcting, coaching, reprimanding and giving feedback to 3G when issues were occurring around the program (as well as on campus). As a result of the administrations lack of 'testicular fortitude,' there was a failure to 'check him' on minor things (which I believe eventually manifested into big things as he had more success). When Coach Marshall's misbehavior became public knowledge, W.S.U.'s administration got ‘caught with their pants down,' because they couldn’t articulate how they ‘managed’ him. If W.S.U. had reprimanded, fined, required counseling/ therapy sessions or suspended 3G, then I don't believe that his behavior would have continued to the level that it did. I also believe that the administration's inactivity placed them in a position whereby they felt like they had to fire him (to avoid being blamed and publicly exposed). Considering the failures of the former A.D. and W.S.U. administration, I feel that 3G has paid his dues to society. If he were rehired there could be stipulations which: (1.) require counseling, (2.) clearly define unacceptable behavior and related consequences (including termination) and (3.) require community service. The community service could include speaking to youth and community organizations about respect, character, values, anger management/ self control and other pertinent topics. Although 3G behaved like an undisciplined brute and bully, he is our brute and bully! At his age, he still has talent and gifts that can be used to make positive contributions to our community for numerous years to come. As a society, we can't afford to continue to just 'cancel' individuals as a result of their mistakes! Rehiring Gregg Marshall would allow him to (1.) continue what he started with Shocker basketball, (2.) 'make things right' in the community and within his spirit, (3.) receive the support that he needs and (4.) serve as an example of the power of redemption. #MTXE!
                    1. cliffnotes please

2. it ain’t happening. We’ve moved on, he’s moved on. Put it to rest.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Taylor is the one who started this.

If he can't verify it, then why post it?

It not a good look for him to drop the bomb and then try to walk it back - if he doesn't think it true then why post it, unless he is just looking for gratuitous clicks or he want to be the Wichita Enquirer.

If it not true then my questions are:

1. How "knowledgeable" were his sources actually?

2. Or maybe what was his sources agenda?
                      I pretty much agree with this. I'm generally a TE fan but he's all over the place on this. Attached are screenshots from FB exchange with me.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                      This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

He is reporting what people told him. He can't report first-hand facts, he was not there. Seems like different people told him different things, which he mentions in the graph you quoted. Not sure what you want?
                        I would expect him to only report information that he believes is true. I don't expect him to report something and then have himself say he doesn't think it true. That is bad reporting.

That is a pretty normal thing when a reporter reports on something that is secretive in nature.
                        I can understand people not going on the record. But before you drop this "bomb" you need to confirm it. He is creating the narrative that Saal's coaches search has went off the rails pretty much from the start.

Does anybody really believe MT is/was/should have been Saal first choice? I don't.

If I was TE, I would be looking at those unnamed "knowledgeable" sources and ask the question what was their agenda for feeding him bad information? There is a group of boosters and media types who are butt hurt about IB being let go.

Comment

• Jans has to know that he's being mentioned for WSU's job. He's made an announcement on twitter. That announcement said nothing about not leaving Miss St.

At the very least I think he will take an interview and go back to Miss St with a demand for a significant raise. He did work with Marshall for a number of years and Marshall did that almost every year.

Until Jans says no, I think he's a possibility. He had the perfect opportunity to say no, but didn't.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                            Jans has to know that he's being mentioned for WSU's job. He's made an announcement on twitter. That announcement said nothing about not leaving Miss St.

At the very least I think he will take an interview and go back to Miss St with a demand for a significant raise. He did work with Marshall for a number of years and Marshall did that almost every year.

Until Jans says no, I think he's a possibility. He had the perfect opportunity to say no, but didn't.
                            Early on there was report:

Sources that neither Mississippi State's Chris Jans or Wake Forest's Steve Forbes - two former Wichita State assistants -- would move from their current spots to go back to Shockers.
                            So it would seem that he has already said "No"

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Early on there was report:

So it would seem that he has already said "No"
                              I'm not big on trusting "Sources" in coaching searches. Sometimes they are right.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Let's step away from the Marshall tree...I was one of the first fans to greet Marshall to Wichita and loved everything he did for the program. But that is history and we need to move on. However, it needs to be another homerun from admin ....Go get Kelsey.

Comment

Working...
                                X